Author Topic: 8th Wonder of the World!  (Read 246 times)

Offline LawnMowerMan

• +6/-8
    • View Profile
8th Wonder of the World!
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:23:39 PM »
So I was looking to build the 8th wonder of the world deck. I've played it before but I've always felt that I've had to many reversals or that my backlash deck didn't live up to the potential. I decided to take another try at it... basically I'm thinking of taking the VKM gulps out.. it was one of the main reasons I built the deck however, the deck easily gets F going and it becomes a dead card. Also the backlash deck currently looks like this cause I'm not sure what to do with it at this point.

Backstage:
All shenanigans
Legendary defense
Hometown hero
As tough as any two men.

Pre-match:
Saturday night main event
Product endorsement
Heenan family
Dare to take a challenge
Eiffel Tower
Signed contract with Linda
Old switcharoo

Mid-match:
3x ready to fight
2x USA! USA! USA!
King interferes
Substain damage
When you thought you had all the answers...
Good life
RTV
restricted use
Giant choke

Reversals:
3x DTTAH
2x escape the rules
Raw deal revolution
2x great to be back here in
Break the hold
Step aside
Escape move
2x coach says
2x VKM gulp
Douchebag
Divine
Carlito says
Giant assist
Rude-ly interrupted
Thinking one step
Bob orton
Obey
It's not my fault
Immovable object

Actions:
2x candice icon
Princess bride
Giant brain trust

Maneuvers:
Maneuver of doom
Giant head butt
Giant bear hug
Giant knee smash
3x precision kick
3x precision sleeper
2x precision haymaker
3x precision clothesline
3x blindside drop toe hold
3x blindside hook
2x blindside beal toss

I know the list is missing quite a few cards... also while typing it seems I forgot to add blindsided ego and the other blindside reversal. Worth putting in? Suggestions?
Current Illinois Tournament Organizer.

Online darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: 8th Wonder of the World!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 05:40:01 AM »
I don't feel like the list is making full use of the Eiffel Tower prematch effect.

What are you trying to accomplish with Precision and/or the Blindside maneuvers?

Why not just go BASH?

Offline necrobaron75

• +27/-31
  • I'd buy that for a dollar...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 09:35:51 AM »
I had him built WWE Homecoming to interact with Eiffel Tower
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Offline BigPimpin

• +274/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »
If you're looking to use Precision's reduction while at the same time triggering 8th Wonder's draw effect, might I suggest Precision Figure-Four Leglock (14F 14D shuffle up to 5 cards from hand into your deck and -2F for each card shuffled) or Precision Power Slam (16F 14D discard up to 5 cards for -2F for each, then draw 2 and also 2 Stun).

Beyond that - the first thing I'll say is that you should always pack the max number of Pre-match cards even if you never intend on playing them, because there's evil people that will discard Backlash cards from your deck.

The second thing I'll say is "Interviewed by Mean Gene" which is amazing for face decks if you have Turn The Tide cards.

EDIT: IMO you should also include the action The Brains of the Family, which is really good for printed Heenan Family members.
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline LawnMowerMan

• +6/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:59:10 PM »
I don't feel like the list is making full use of the Eiffel Tower prematch effect.

What are you trying to accomplish with Precision and/or the Blindside maneuvers?

Why not just go BASH?

I could incorporate some Bash I guess, the blindsided are for use if I sustained damage. I wanted to still have useful maneuvers as well as be able to recover.

Offline LawnMowerMan

• +6/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 01:01:49 PM »
If you're looking to use Precision's reduction while at the same time triggering 8th Wonder's draw effect, might I suggest Precision Figure-Four Leglock (14F 14D shuffle up to 5 cards from hand into your deck and -2F for each card shuffled) or Precision Power Slam (16F 14D discard up to 5 cards for -2F for each, then draw 2 and also 2 Stun).

Beyond that - the first thing I'll say is that you should always pack the max number of Pre-match cards even if you never intend on playing them, because there's evil people that will discard Backlash cards from your deck.

The second thing I'll say is "Interviewed by Mean Gene" which is amazing for face decks if you have Turn The Tide cards.

EDIT: IMO you should also include the action The Brains of the Family, which is really good for printed Heenan Family members.

Thanks for the feed back. Yeah it looks like I completely forgot to print the actions so ill have to go back and get those done. I finished the deck at home and will post a list in a bit. Main thing Eiffel tower does for me is make my precision kick/sleeper/blindside hook out of elbow range.

Offline necrobaron75

• +27/-31
  • I'd buy that for a dollar...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 02:20:39 PM »
Through all these years should be in there.
1xOld School Psychology to trigger Endorsements
Bad Blood to get Giant Headbutt.Draw to 8 anyways
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:33:50 AM by necrobaron75 »
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."