SRG > Supershow Rules

Matches with Trios (The Elite/Freak Show)

(1/1)

wapcaplets:
I'm stoked for the arrivial of The Elite in the mail. I did the Freak Show challenge at Gen Con 2016 and this is what I remember of how it goes (or can go) with a Trio with a 90-card deck against three single opponents:

- The trio has a 90-card deck (3 of each numbered card from 1-30; the numbered cards in each slot can be different) and has a 30-card hand limit.
- The singles add their turn rolls together. If they beat the trio the singles each draw a card and get to play a card each against the trio.
- If the trio wins the turn roll the trio draws 3 cards and plays a card against each of the singles (a separate set of moves against each single is maintained).
- If the singles all roll the same skill for their turn roll they win regardless of the total.
- If one of the singles hits a finish all three roll and the skills are added together for the finish roll. If the singles all roll the same skill the trio is defeated immediately.
- If the trio hits a finish on one of the singles the three singles roll and add their skills together for the breakout attempt. If the singles all roll the same skill they break out regardless of the total.

Do I have that right and did I forget anything?

Steve Resk:

--- Quote from: wapcaplets on August 28, 2017, 07:35:52 AM ---I'm stoked for the arrivial of The Elite in the mail. I did the Freak Show challenge at Gen Con 2016 and this is what I remember of how it goes (or can go) with a Trio with a 90-card deck against three single opponents:

- The trio has a 90-card deck (3 of each numbered card from 1-30; the numbered cards in each slot can be different) and has a 30-card hand limit.

--- End quote ---

I typically still play with a 10 card hand limit. However it is up the the person issuing the challenge to raise or lower it.

--- Quote ---- The singles add their turn rolls together. If they beat the trio the singles each draw a card and get to play a card each against the trio.

--- End quote ---

Correct

--- Quote ---- If the trio wins the turn roll the trio draws 3 cards and plays a card against each of the singles (a separate set of moves against each single is maintained).

--- End quote ---

Correct, in a format such as this you draw 1 extra card for each additional opponent.

--- Quote ---- If the singles all roll the same skill for their turn roll they win regardless of the total.

--- End quote ---

Correct

--- Quote ---- If one of the singles hits a finish all three roll and the skills are added together for the finish roll. If the singles all roll the same skill the trio is defeated immediately.

--- End quote ---

Correct

--- Quote ---- If the trio hits a finish on one of the singles the three singles roll and add their skills together for the breakout attempt. If the singles all roll the same skill they break out regardless of the total.

--- End quote ---

Correct

--- Quote ---Do I have that right and did I forget anything?

--- End quote ---

The trio is able to use a skill check stop against any opponent and it will work in most cases.
Challengers can protect each other they can stop card played against teammates if hey do they must bury their hand.

wapcaplets:
Ah, thanks for that reminder about the singles protecting each other. I remember that now from last year.

Thank you for confirming the rules.

CRASHER:
You can play trios and tag teams as "just" 30 card decks too, right? Or is that just for special events like tornado tag?

Steve Resk:
Yes you can play a 30 card deck as well.

There is also a 90 vs 90 card deck format that people like to play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version