Author Topic: Money in the Bank Predictions  (Read 558 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +27/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Money in the Bank Predictions
« on: June 18, 2017, 07:05:06 AM »
The Hype Bros vs. The Colons - Zach is back baby! I see Hype Bros taking this one.

The Usos vs. The New Day (SmackDown Tag Team Championships) - They sees the titles & they wins them. Going with The New Day as new Smackdown Tag Team Champs.

Naomi vs. Lana (SmackDown Women's Championship) - Naomi. Unless this is after the women's MiTB. Then I can see Lana winning for a hot minute.

Women's Money in the Bank ladder match (Becky Lynch, Carmella, Charlotte Flair, Natalya, Tamina) - So unless there is a 6th girl I'm going with Carmella to win MiTB. * I do feel one of these MiTB winners cashes in tonight. It will likely be the women's MiTB winner.

Men's Money in the Bank ladder match (AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura) - Going with The Lone Wolf here. Although Sami would be cool to see win.

Jinder Mahal vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship) - Picking Jinder to win CLEAN. Yup, nuclear heat on Jinder in Orton's backyard.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Rip

• +9/-9
    • View Profile
Re: Money in the Bank Predictions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »
Hype Bro vs Colons-even though I don't care for either team nor any of the four of them, but with Ryder's return, they will win.

Uso's vs New Day, another two teams I couldn't care less for, but I can't see the New Day not winning this match, but I do not think they win the titles, so New Day by either DQ or count out.

Naomi vs Lana-as much as I like looking at Lana I do not really have a clue how good she is in the ring, but I see her getting the win, but again not sure if she gets the belt, but since I never have liked Naomi, I only hope she loses the belt soon, so I say new champ here, and then probably a MITB cash in and yet again another new champion.

Women's MITB(Natalya, Tamina, Becky, Charolette, and Charmella) now who do I want to see win this....Natty, but she isn't going to win it will either be Charolette or Charmella, and I am more interested to see what they do with Ellsworth and Charmella, so I say she wins tonight and then cashes it in and going into Smackdown, she is the champ.

Men's MITB(AJ, KO, Corbin, Nakamora, Ziggler, and Zayn) Match of the night not doubt about it, but who will win? I want AJ to win, but he isn't done feuding with KO, so neither will probably win, Ziggler isn't even a thought in my or anyone's mind which leads me with Corbin, Zayne, and Nakamora while I personally am not a huge fan of any of the 3 the one I definitely do not want to see win this is Corbin, which tells me you winner is Baron Corbin.

Orton va Jinder....I say love live Jinder, I like what they are doing and am perfectly fine with him as the champ, if he loses, just.....why?

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 09:00:55 AM »
It's amazing how the two women's matches ruined this PPV.....I get Carmella cheating to win, but ladder matches have ONE RULE...you climb your ass up that ladder and you grab the damn briefcase that is all....Ellesworthle ss certainly could have carried her up there, but still...I'm all for heel heat, but not when it craps on the match concept.....especia lly when "you're making history in the first one ever"....you kinda wanna do it RIGHT....and ok, you want to go with the "well she didn't deserve it, we'll deal with it Tuesday" ....a smart heel CASHES IN ON NAOMI when she was hurting and really screws with the system even more.....and maybe even takes Carmella to a new level (plus it would have validated that crap-show of a "match" ....Lana stinks and I'm not a big Naomi fan anyway), I'm still annoyed that Ellsworth didn't take a life-endangering bump in that match....

the tag match was fun, and the heels saying screw it and bailing for the count out....that's the PROPER way to get good heel heat on someone....that match made me feel a lot better about this PPV

Orton and Jinder was classic "Randy doesn't give a damn tonight"....those poor Bollywood fools....ouch

At least the Main Event delivered big time....the AJ-Nakamura tease was brilliant and perfectly done....every guy had their moments and the right guy won in the end....his segment on talking smack after was the BEST, most comfortable and most natural I've seen Corbin be in both nXt and on Smackdown since....the slower build with him has been done just right, and I'm looking forward to seeing him be a dick with the briefcase in the next few months....even the brief stare down with him and Jinder was awesomely done
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 09:14:12 AM »
I didn't watch much of the show, I really only caught the latter half of the women's MITB before I got bored and wandered off to play Persona 5, but setting aside the implications of a guy taking down the briefcase, I actually love the psychology of this. As you said, Crasher, there's one rule, but IIRC it's not "you climb up the latter and grab the briefcase/belt/contract/Judy Bagwell (oh no wait, that was a different awful thing)." It's "whichever competitor is the first to have full possession of the item being fought for is the winner." I am 99.9% sure I've seen a match with this as the stipulation where the belt (I think it was for a belt that time) was removed from the clip, but nobody had possession, it fell, and the person who scooped it up off the ground was declared the winner. This is essentially the same deal, and it's a brilliant way to get heel heat, if they work with it correctly.

What I'd do from here is say "OK, Little Jimmy, you want to get involved? You're involved now. Carmella, you are forbidden from cashing in the briefcase for the next four weeks. James Ellsworth will have matches against Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Tamina Snuka, and Natalya, one per week. If he loses any of those matches, Carmella will be stripped of the briefcase, and the other four women will get to compete for it again, just them. If he wins them all, Carmella will have the briefcase free and clear. Should she interfere in any of the four matches, Ellsworth will be disqualified and she will be stripped of the briefcase. To keep things equal, if any of the other three women scheduled to face Ellsworth interfere in any of his matches, he will automatically be deemed to have won them all, and Carmella will keep the briefcase. Get ready, Jimmy, because you've got Tamina Snuka in a match... now. RING THE BELL! [/DarioCueto]"

That way, you have four weeks worth of story out of this, Carmella can be freaking out over the stipulations, everyone will be looking for Ellsworth to get his ass kicked, and you have time to decide whether it makes sense for Carmella to retain. If not, you can have one of the four women beat Ellsworth, and then do either a standard fatal four way, or a four-woman MITB match, for the briefcase.

Then I'd have Shane/DBry change the rules for ladder matches. If anyone not involved in the match climbs the ladder, retrieves the item, and passes it to another competitor, that competitor will be disqualified. If it's one-on-one, the other competitor will win. If it's a multi-competitor match, the disqualified person will be removed from the ring area, an official will go up the ladder and reattach the item, and the match will restart after they clear the ring. (This would then lead to the possibility of a future heel bringing the item to the face in a match, to again milk the rules for extra heel heat.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:20:13 AM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +113/-53
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 09:29:25 AM »
The idea of forcing any of those women to job to Ellsworth sickens me deeply.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 09:39:11 AM »
Agreed, even 'shenanigans' like count out or DQ, etc.

End of the day, this was a WCW-level fumble, and will overshadow whatever good could have come from the PPV.  Okay, maybe not that bad, but enough that they'll lose some (more!) network subscriptions over it.

Eventually they'll quick f***ing around with trying to do what they want, they'll start listening to what the fans want, and backing the guys who fans actually care about rather than the Brocks and Romans etc.  Unfortunately, this usually happens only at Wrestlemanias ending in '0'  (Bret > Hogan, Benoit / Eddie, Daniel Bryan) so I'll consider restarting my subscription around 2025...  :D

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 09:57:20 AM »
The idea of forcing any of those women to job to Ellsworth sickens me deeply.

Any more than AJ Styles having a losing streak to him?

Offline rated SRH

• +27/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 10:02:08 AM »
Just a question. Would we be upset if say Vickie would have did the same for Ziggler? As I look at the situation after sleeping on it, Carmella and James now have more heat than anyone. Carmella IF they play this correctly can be a huge heel.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 10:16:59 AM »
Totally would still hate it, this was up on par when the big red X fell from the Ultimate X match and the wrong guy fair caught it on the mat and was declared the winner......theres getting heat and then there's crapping on the concept of the match.....this result destroys the concept....

.....imagine if TNA did this and the riot that would be going on today....

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +113/-53
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 10:21:13 AM »
The issue is not with it being an unacceptable wrestling storyline in the broadest sense (and Vicki helping out Ziggler is not even remotely the same scenario, that's false equivalency). The issue is, that by touting this as a historic, first-ever Women's MITB match, by touting themselves as having a 'women's evolution' of treating their women wrestlers with more respect on a BTS level, and then booking it so that a dude is the one climbing the ladder at the end is an insult. There are a dozen ways you could've booked Carmella winning, even with Ellsworth interference, that could end with her grabbing that briefcase herself.

Instead, we have a match where a man has to do it for the women, because Road Dogg's pissed that these women are more over than he ever was.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline rated SRH

• +27/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »
The issue is not with it being an unacceptable wrestling storyline in the broadest sense (and Vicki helping out Ziggler is not even remotely the same scenario, that's false equivalency). The issue is, that by touting this as a historic, first-ever Women's MITB match, by touting themselves as having a 'women's evolution' of treating their women wrestlers with more respect on a BTS level, and then booking it so that a dude is the one climbing the ladder at the end is an insult. There are a dozen ways you could've booked Carmella winning, even with Ellsworth interference, that could end with her grabbing that briefcase herself.

Instead, we have a match where a man has to do it for the women, because Road Dogg's pissed that these women are more over than he ever was.

Just rewatched the finish. Carmella takes a Powerbomb from Becky so she's out. James dumps Becky off a ladder. Then tried to wake Carmella up. She takes to long to wake up. So James knowing time is of the essence, continues to play his character of goofball with hot girlfriend who will do anything for her. So he climbs and gets her the MiTB. I don't see the issue with the ending. Considering the end result made Carmella a top heel. Especially if she dumps him after a successful cash in. This may be the beginning of a much deeper story.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 10:52:09 AM »
But we aren't talking about bad booking, we're talking about how insulting it is to have women's wrestling requiring a man in the finish.

If A-Ry had grabbed the case for Miz, or Maryse did the same, that's fine.  That's plenty heelish.  But it craps on the women to have them making a 'revolution' then take the focus off them.  It's a terrible idea, right up there with if they had Ric Flair coming out during the Charlotte/Sasha HIAC, because 'women need a man to get the job done' or some such crap.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »
He coulda easily did what Rhyno did with Edge and Christian and CARRY THEM UP THE DAMN LADDER..... carmella don't weigh much more than my GF's 8-year old and Ellsworthless could have easily walked that up the ladder on his shoulders and let her actually pull the damn briefcase down, at least then she frakking did something......

Offline dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »
He coulda easily did what Rhyno did with Edge and Christian and CARRY THEM UP THE DAMN LADDER..... carmella don't weigh much more than my GF's 8-year old and Ellsworthless could have easily walked that up the ladder on his shoulders and let her actually pull the damn briefcase down, at least then she frakking did something......

Point of order: James Ellsworth probably doesn't weigh much more than your GF's 8 year old, either. Are we sure he could safely fireman's carry her up the ladder on his shoulders?
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 12:01:39 PM »
Counter-point for dilbert (since quoting sucks on the phone), while yes I am mostly like a stronger and more athletic human being then Ellsworth, I'm also confident that Carmella would be more willing and able to assist Ellsworth on the climb more than Autumn would with me (that kid lives to make it tough then be in awe os how I'm invincible :laugh: )

Offline KD8ESU

• +16/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 01:43:20 PM »
Clearly this has been a storyline, and for those that don't believe me, just look up AmDrag's twitter.  He said he'll address this controversial match on Smackdown.

Again, and I have to keep saying it, let's see where it goes before we all crap on it.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 02:00:08 PM »
Can't.

You can't 'see where it goes' when it's the first one, and it's already left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.  It would be like the first HIAC being a fiasco.  Sure, you can do better HIAC matches later, but the first one can't ever stop being bad.

Granted, this is from someone who isn't watching the programming anyway, so it's not like I'm quitting over it, heh.  This just enhances my desire to continue not watching.

CREED

Offline Rip

• +9/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »
I must be the only one on here completely on board with what happened, I know it is the first time a women's MITB match has happened, and to me it works, I enjoyed the match and outcome much more than I ever would have thought I would, because for me I wasn't even remotely interested in the match or the Smackdown Women's division, but now with Lana(Who I thought was incredible) and the situation with the MITB match I actually care.