Author Topic: Backlash Result Discussion (Spoilers Within)  (Read 457 times)

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +113/-53
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Backlash Result Discussion (Spoilers Within)
« on: May 22, 2017, 06:30:38 AM »
Man no one even did a predictions thread!

I almost feel sorry for that!

Can I say spoilers yet?

How much more space do I need?

Is this good enough?

Holy heck, Jinder Mahal! I'm actually excited for the dude. Good for him, even if he might just be a transitional champ.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Backlash Result Discussion (Spoilers Within)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 06:34:12 AM »
Randy Orton's facial expression after he damn near killed that Bollywood Boy on the announce table will be the official meme of the year  :laugh:

How in THE HELL do they sell a Jinder vs Rusev match?? Does not compute, can't see this lasting long....scary thought that a logical title match would be Jinder and Sami Zayn since he got screwed in the #1 contender match.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 06:47:47 AM »
Is Rusev locked into the next title shot?

Zayn would make sense, but I bet Orton invokes a rematch first.
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 06:53:15 AM »
Rusev has demanded a title match or he won't show up to Smackdown (covering up his injury basically), nothing has been acknowledged by any Smackdown authority figure....maybe they compromise and put him in the MitB match....that would be typical Sami....win the title and Rusev cashes in and crushes his dream....heh

Offline Mtg4life

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 09:22:17 AM »
If they do rusev/ jinder im so done lol. I like the idea of jinder being champ but honestly i think hell drop title back to orton or to a returning cena. Overall i thought it was one of the better smackdown ppvs so far

Offline Vick

• +17/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 09:33:05 AM »
Jinder had to win the belt because WWE is pushing hard to get in with the people of India. Plus, him as champ makes it kind of old school with his "anti-America" angle just like Iron Shiek, Sgt. Slaughter, the Bolsheviks, and Muhammad Hassan to name a few.

I'm sure it will not be a long title run, but it's good to have change once in a while even if it is short.

Offline Mtg4life

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 10:09:26 AM »
I agree it screams Muhammad hassan to me. I would have loved to see hassan go over batista back in the day so definitely love the story in such. I jus hope they do do the american vs ant . i just dnt wanna see rusev/jinder lol. Randy definitely should get back eventually

Offline maskedllama

• +62/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 07:52:42 PM »
Maybe its just me....it probably is....but I loved Breezango.  That match was a lot of fun. 

Kevin and AJ was match of the night for me and while I was disappointed in the ending, I respect that was the first act of a 3 act play, so bring on acts 2 and 3.. 

I am very excited by the Jinder win.  I find the character of Randy Orton dull.  Jinder has not only breathed new life into himself, but also the Bollywood Boys. 

Also, how weird is that when 3MB showed in Raw Deal and both Drew and Jinder had their own logos on TMF's, that seemed so ridiculous because no way those two would warrant their own superstar cards and now Jinder is World Champ and Drew is making waves in NXT. 

Finally, I want the RDPC to confess to whoever was designing a DIY tag team card because I need someone to blame for their break-up and the Raw Deal curse is a good place to direct my ire. 
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »
Finally, I want the RDPC to confess to whoever was designing a DIY tag team card because I need someone to blame for their break-up and the Raw Deal curse is a good place to direct my ire.

That curse is dead now since there was a Hardy Boy remake in the works....and ....well......  :laugh:

I can only hope the two guys wanted a feud with each other....their best chance to make the main roster was as DIY

Offline rated SRH

• +27/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 08:12:03 AM »
I was decently happy with the PPV. I was really happy Jinder got the belt.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Rip

• +9/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 08:33:32 AM »
I am thrilled Jinder is the new champ, but to me the rest of the card was aweful, the AJ vs KO match should have been better, if it had a better finish I would have been completely fine with it, the Tag Match while a bit funny, was just a bad match, the 6 diva crap was just that crap, but I do like seeing Natty with a win. Overall, I think it was a horrible show in my opinion.