Author Topic: New Rules resources  (Read 859 times)

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
New Rules resources
« on: September 28, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »
I have been teaching my friends the game. They only have access to Mania era rule books I have given them. The rules resource page we have is linked to dead pages. Any way we can get some glorious angelic hero tomake a new rules resource page that we can link to for new players?

I have questions myself regarding:
1. How and the crap are people playing all 10 of there prematch in Eric Raw Deals excellent you tube tournament series...
2. Heat lets you play cards from the ringside pile but i forget how.
3. With Volley they can remove cards to reverse mine?

As always this community is awesome. I'm back in Norcal now I was never able to find players in CO the whole time I was there. Anyone play up near Sac or above? I might even be willing to go to some of the shops in southern Oregon and bring a friend or two with me. Holla at your boy if you can help in either regard.

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
Re: New Rules resources
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 11:42:40 AM »
1. Pre-Match expansion comes in many ways....
BASH, the feud gives +2 pre and mid
lots of decks can get their specifics for free in the pre (those that don't can also undisputed title TB as well)

face decks can run product endorsements TB as well

I'm always on the winning side, my side adds a pre and mid

some cards like night of champions and playing by the rules TB also expand the pre

even a no show gives you a "bonus" pre when you swap it out
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »
.....crap I forgot the other questions :p

2. Heat: you can once per turn play a heat card from ringside if you have 6+ heat cards in your ringside pile (cards can add to this also), but if you choose to move cards from your ringside from any non-Heat effect, you remove all heat cards in your ringside from the game

3. Volley: every volley card has a "Volley: #" on top of it, that card allows the opponent to reverse from ringside by randomly removing that # from the game, if it's reversed by other means from hand or backlash the next turn that person can only play moves and set-up cards from hand and if they end their turn without playing a move you can pick a volley card from ringside and put it to hand
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 12:03:51 PM »
As this question covers more than rules, which are easy enough to answer as presented, I'm moving it to a general discussion area instead.

As a note, in Virtual the 'Capacity' (number of Pre-match/Mid-match cards you can have in your Ring) is 12, with a 6/6 standard limit that can be increased as noted above.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 12:47:58 PM »
Thanks for the clarity guys. Hopefully we can get a new rules resource page.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »
If you check the Rules Forum, the old OmniFAQ is linked there, I'm hosting it personally now.

You'll also find the Virtual FAQ, for questions on new cards.

We wouldn't put more work into making something new for the rules, though, as it just requires research and reading.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 01:01:28 AM »
Who is we?

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 01:21:44 AM »
Who is we?

The "we" you're referring to is the Raw Deal Players Committee as a whole.   It's all the members of this great community who go to great lengths to keep this community alive with their time and effort all for "the Love of the Game". 

TL;DR - The "we" more often than not is just Creed.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »
Just to clarify:

This is where the Rules Forum is located.  Click on it, you will find sections taking you to the OmniFAQ from when the game was still in print, which is still honored (nearly always, even if we don't agree with it, heh).  Also, the Virtual FAQ is located there, where a lot of simple questions, terms used like Capacity or Counter, and information about these cards can be found.

We don't have another 'resource page' as such, because all the information is already in the correct area.  I've recently relocated the documents previously hosted on my personal webspace over to the TCO hosting site, and updated the links, so the old documents found here are correctly linked (I literally just checked each one to be sure.)

If there's something else that is wanted, I'm unclear on what it is.  Perhaps making a simple, specific request (without any sort of argumentative or dramatic personal attacks, which are against the rules of this website) would clarify what is being sought.  Although perhaps it is an unclear understanding on how this forum is organized, and maybe now you'll know where to find what you're looking for.

Let us know, we don't mind assisting with what's needed.

CREED
TCO Owner