Author Topic: L.E.D. Need playtesting and feedback  (Read 723 times)

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
L.E.D. Need playtesting and feedback
« on: April 20, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »
Power: 7
Technique: 10
Agility: 9
Strike: 5
Submission: 6
Grapple: 8

Gimmick:
When your opponent rolls Technique for their turn roll, Flip one card. If it is a Follow Up you may immediately play it as if it were a lead.
(Your opponent may stop it as normal)
If it is not a follow up, add it to your hand.

Finishers:

Light Em’ Up – Strike Finish: Strike +3  If the crowd meter is at 1 or above +4 instead

Electronic Denominator – Grapple Finish: When this card is in your hand and your opponent rolled Technique for their finish roll you may bury this card to break out

Short Circuit – Submission Finish: If stopped put this on top of the deck.
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

A spectacle so GRAND, it can only be called The Supershow.
Super Set 4 the Knockdown is live on KS!
Join Us! Support Us!https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-the-knockdown-by-srg-universe

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
Re: L.E.D. Need playtesting and feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 01:09:48 PM »
Seems pretty good so far, I've been enjoying testing him what little I can. While some of the stuff seems like they would be pretty powerful I find they aren't really more powerful then the other people I have and are only really really powerful in very situational instances.
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.

Offline Vick

• +17/-10
    • View Profile
Re: L.E.D. Need playtesting and feedback
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 08:20:52 PM »
So far, this is pretty strong of an ability and those Finish cards are powerful for sure, especially the Submission one.
Way too easy to play his Finish cards repeatedly, and also being able to play those flipped Follow Up cards makes it near impossible for his opponent to stop them.

Basically it's a barrage of Follow Ups that are played when they're not even in your hand. I would recommend changing it from Follow Up to Leads only because they're almost guaranteed to go through.

The Submission Finish where you put it back on top of your deck if it's Stopped is too strong as it is. Maybe add a modifier like they have to "bury exactly 5 cards in your hand to place this card on top of your deck if opponent plays a Stop."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:53:22 AM by Vick »