Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase  (Read 1874 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
« on: April 16, 2017, 08:02:28 AM »
Standing in today for Drew.
Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
Starting Hand Size: 6     Superstar Value: 3
Legend Superstar Ability: Once during any turn you may remove 1 card in your Ring area from the game and then your next card played that turn is -3F times the Damage of the removed card.
Once during each of your turns you may remove 1 card in your Ring area from the game and then your opponent removes 1 Reversal card in his Ring area from the game with Damage equal to or greater than your removed card's Damage.
NWO

Money! Money! Money! Money! Money!
Backstage Card
Once during each of your turns, you may remove a Unique card in your hand from the game to shuffle one other card that has been removed from the game that is not a non-hybrid reversal into your Arsenal and draw 1 card.
Unique     RMS logo
V1

Backed by Virgil
Pre-match Event
Your first played Strike, Grapple, and Submission maneuver of the game all can only be reversed from your opponent’s Arsenal.
During your turn you may put this card into your Ringside pile and then remove any number of cards in your Ringside pile from the game and then put the same number of your cards removed from the game on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
GAB

The Million Dollar Man Always Gets His Way
Pre-match Event
You may choose 1 non-Superstar-specific Universally Unique card in your opponent's Ring, he puts it in his Backlash (ignore the Permanent trait on the chosen card), and you may immediately play a card with the same title regardless of card type.
When you do not choose, he reveals his Backlash and you may choose 1 non-Unique non-Superstar-specific non-reversal card and he discards the chosen card; when you are Money Inc, you may choose 1 non-Superstar-specific non-RMS reversal card instead, and he instead removes the chosen card from the game.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     WWF Classic logo
V4

The Million Dollar Title Belt
Pre-match Object
At the end of the Pre-match phase, you may search your Arsenal for 1 Foil card, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
Your Superstar Value is +3
Once during each of your turns you may remove 1 card in your hand from the game and then look at your opponent's hand.
F: 0     D: 0     Universally Unique     Permanent
NWO

DiBiase's Patented Fist Drop
High Risk
When you are Money Inc, this card is -10F.
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver.
Remove up to 2 cards in your Ringside from the game, and then remove up to twice that number of cards in your opponent's Ringside from the game.
F: 20     D: 10      SV: 2     Unique     WWF Classic logo
V4

The Million Dollar Dream
Trademark Finisher
When successfully played, you may put 1 card from your opponent's Ring area into his Ringside pile.
When your next card played this turn is the card titled Maintain Hold, you may ignore the "Can only be played after..." text.
F: 33     D: 20     SV: 2     Unique

Everybody's Got a Price
Action + Action
Your opponent chooses a number from 1 to 10 and overturns that many cards.
Search your Arsenal for non-hybrid Maneuver cards equal to the difference between the chosen number and 10, reveal them to him, put them into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 6     D: 0     Unique     Multi
NWO

Everybody's Gonna Pay
Action
Cannot be reversed when the card titled Everybody's Got a Price is in your Ring area.
Your opponent discards cards equal to the number of your cards removed from the game.
F: 9     D: 0     Unique
NWO

It's All About the Money
Action
When you are Money Inc, this card is F: 0 and can only be reversed by Rare or Unique cards.
Draw up to 3 cards.
ACE:  During your turn you may remove 2 cards in your Backlash from the game and then put 1 Mid-match card removed from the game into your Backlash.
F: 20     D: 0     Unique     WWF Classic logo
V4
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:40:23 AM by CreedP »
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:44:00 AM »
He's pretty damn good! Has many paths to success.

Backed by Virgil
Pre-match Event
Your first played Strike, Grapple, and Submission maneuver of the game all can only be reversed from your opponent’s Arsenal.
During your turn you may put this card into your Ringside pile and then remove any number of cards in your Ringside pile from the game and then put the same number of your cards removed from the game on the bottom of your Arsenal.
GAB

You need fortitude? Look no further than right here. This is eventually giving you the fortitude you need.

I like running him It's Hard Being This Original. He can easily bypass the restriction. He also can throw down Break It Out x3 as well.

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual?

As long as he has Virgil he will be a legit threat np matter the format.

I like him. He's in a good place. Fully expect to see him in August.
AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

He's got some new toys in virtual. Still a very fun and a top deck to play in this game.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:51:21 AM »

Very viable, great ability that gives so much access, should never have an issue throwing moves

Well, how about his own superstar ability, partner it with the B2B belt, and your opponent is basically cornered into throwing unique reversals only. They are going to run out sooner rather than later.

Never played him competitively, none of my ideas with him were original...in classic, getting 3 shoot counters were always fun, and in VC, See the above answer. The decks seemed to work fine in side games

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

Only built him in VC, NXT, and Classic, and he is Very good in all formats

See above, still a great ability...yeah you'll get a reach/grasp, but that's only one time, other than that he has so much access to so many things, should be a good deck always.

AND

Another see above answer about the interaction with the B2B belt. Not sure about his other virtual support since I didn't use it much, but so far virtual has been good to him

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 09:45:57 AM »
The Million Dollar Corporation     (Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, IRS, Bam Bam Bigelow, Sid, Nikolai Volkoff logos)
Pre-match Faction
You can pack this card regardless of Superstar.
You are now a Million Dollar Corporation Member.
When you have 10 or more cards removed from the game, your maneuvers without 'reverse' in the text are -2F and +1D, and your non-Superstar-specific actions are -2F.
When your logo is printed on this card, your maneuvers are -2F and +1D for every non-Heat Backlash card removed from the game.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

This is the little baby that turns M$M into a monster... assuming Brahma Bull isn't sitting in the opposite ring. I ran M$M at the last Gencon Worlds tourney I could play in. I threw all manner of annoying unique maneuvers at 0F. Chaos and Pandemonium, Classic Claw, etc. Oh, and I'd recycle them back into my deck and throw them multiple times. He was a beeeast.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:29:37 AM »
The Million Dollar Corporation     (Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, IRS, Bam Bam Bigelow, Sid, Nikolai Volkoff logos)
Pre-match Faction
When you have 10 or more cards removed from the game, your maneuvers without 'reverse' in the text are -2F and +1D, and your non-Superstar-specific actions are -2F.
When your logo is printed on this card, your maneuvers are -2F and +1D for every non-Heat Backlash card removed from the game.

This is the little baby that turns M$M into a monster... assuming Brahma Bull isn't sitting in the opposite ring. I ran M$M at the last Gencon Worlds tourney I could play in. I threw all manner of annoying unique maneuvers at 0F. Chaos and Pandemonium, Classic Claw, etc. Oh, and I'd recycle them back into my deck and throw them multiple times. He was a beeeast.

Weren't you the one who was throwing like 8D <R> Transition Hold each turn?

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 10:48:39 AM »
 :laugh:

Yep.

Offline fadeaway

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 05:34:42 PM »
Pre-match Faction

Weren't you the one who was throwing like 8D <R> Transition Hold each turn?

May I know where to find <r> transition hold text?
Was searching vr1-5 but can't seem to find it.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 05:48:19 PM »
Revolution Transition Hold
Hold: Core
Can only be reversed by Revolution The Second Solution.
When your next card played this turn is a non-Unique Follow-up, it cannot be reversed from hand or Backlash.
F: 0     D: 2     Unique     neck

Can only be reversed by a card most folks don't pack in Virtual All Axxess :D

Offline Aniodia

• +0/-3
  • Resident Hippie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 06:39:38 PM »
Back in the good ol' days (before Revolution came out), I threw together Teddy Big Bucks. I've never really had any truly blowout games, either on the giving or the receiving end of things, and I'm OK with that.

Backed by Virgil
Pre-match Event
GAB

Virgil just does so much for getting the beginning fortitude to stick, and oftentimes people just don't want to use Restricted Use on one of my basic maneuvers, so it's fairly simple to ramp fortitude early on.

Honestly, I've gone a different direction than most and have played Dynamic DiBiase. Between Virgil allowing my early maneuvers to stick and Find Out How to Fight from Finlay allowing me to change any Dynamic maneuver's type, I've gotten a ton of use out of Virgil, as well as some weird combos. Stuff like Maintain Hold on a Dynamic Back Breaker, for instance. Being able to drop a That's Broken, then remove it for your ability and essentially tutor out any card you need is also pretty clutch.

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR
/Non-Virtual
Right now, I still have Ted built for the GAB metagame, as I haven't really had the chance to sit down and play too much with the virtual stuff. I'm sure that once I get the chance, and the local guys start moving towards some of the later virtual sets (as I remember saying they've really only started using Virtual 1, to get a feel for how the new stuff plays compared to the classic cards), I'll print out the newer stuff for Ted and see where that goes.

As one of the later classic superstars, I realized that I wouldn't be able to get as much out of him as, say, The Rock or Stone Cold when it comes to building around superstar specifics. I'm glad he was a Legend, though, as that allowed a few cards to help shore up some of the weaknesses his smaller card pool left him. The fact that the Virtual sets gave me Money, Inc and the Million Dollar Corporation faction is just gravy. At this point, even with two binders chock full of superstars, I find it hard to move away from Ted.

AND

Again, the fact there's been some support with both the tag team and faction cards is neat, though I haven't really much had the chance to play with any of them. Definitely look forward to it, though.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 01:53:15 AM »
What "B2B Belt" combo am I missing here with Million Dollar Man?
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 03:05:04 AM »
The TB world heavyweight belt
That+ Vergil pretty much guarantees you get fortitude to start
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 06:44:58 AM »
What "B2B Belt" combo am I missing here with Million Dollar Man?

He will try to stay at 0F. Use his ability to throw moves protected by the belt and Virgil.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CRASHER

• +85/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 06:46:52 AM »
How is he playing backed by Virgil with b2b out?
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 08:32:50 AM »
How is he playing backed by Virgil with b2b out?

Yeah, this.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 08:40:48 AM »
According to the Contract Table.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 08:41:58 AM »
According to the Contract Table.

Yeah, I thought of that but it's a little flimsy for my tastes.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline CRASHER

• +85/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 08:50:39 AM »
Seems kinda overkill since with b2b that title belt would do the same, the problem is at a 3 SSV he's not a lock for it, either way it seems like a fragile kinda build....

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 09:09:14 AM »
Seems kinda overkill since with b2b that title belt would do the same, the problem is at a 3 SSV he's not a lock for it, either way it seems like a fragile kinda build....

Not to mention that Contract Table is 3 Fortitude anyway.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline CRASHER

• +85/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 09:11:36 AM »
No DQ match says hi  :laugh:

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 09:14:46 AM »
Doesn't Freddie Blassie put it into your ring? That would bypass it being played. Assuming he doesn't Get His Way it away.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 09:18:19 AM »
Doesn't Freddie Blassie put it into your ring? That would bypass it being played. Assuming he doesn't Get His Way it away.

You can play the belt whenever, that's not the issue. The issue is getting the maneuver protection without having Back to Basics out.

And yeah, there's No DQ match of course but meh.
I'm the wind, baby.