Author Topic: Wrestlemania (spoilers)  (Read 453 times)

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-68
    • View Profile
Wrestlemania (spoilers)
« on: April 02, 2017, 09:18:27 PM »
**SPOILER PADDING FOR THE FRONT PAGE**

**SPOILERS AHEAD! SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT!!**

**SERIOUSLY, SPOILERS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!**

**GO NO FURTHER UNLESS YOU ARE OKAY WITH SPOILERS**

**THIS IS YOUR LAST SPOILER WARNING**

So it's the end of an era. Taker Just retired Due to injury I guess Roman was the only conceivable choice considering bray was wrapped up in a long term story and Finn was injured. Sad to see it end this way.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:23:40 PM by Daeva »
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +310/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestlemania (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 09:24:49 PM »
Sorry for the vandalism, Joker, but I had to make sure that your content was pushed beyond the front page preview.

Honestly, I saw this one coming a mile away. There's no Streak anymore (that got wasted), so now Roman has to get his push by retiring the Deadman.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 10:23:17 AM »
No I appreciate it didn't think of the preview
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:33:54 AM »
I think WWE is completely brain-dead stupid if they don't turn Roman heel, and stop trying to present him as any kind of 'good guy'.  It seems inevitable they'll push him to be the guy who beats Brock for the title (rather than KO, who is far more entertaining but was booked to appear weak).

But that's why I had to stop watching, and go back to just reading recaps.  It's too annoying to be enjoyable, for me.  *shrug*

We'll see what changes come on Raw & Smackdown though, rumors of NXT call-ups abound.

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
I think WWE is completely brain-dead stupid if they don't turn Roman heel, and stop trying to present him as any kind of 'good guy'.

HHH is trolling you.

“People can look at Roman Reigns and say, ‘The failed attempt that is Roman Reigns,’ but Roman Reigns sells tickets,” said Levesque. “Roman Reigns gets one of the loudest reactions every night, whether that reaction is a boo or whether that reaction is a cheer. The fans who say, ‘I don’t understand why they don’t turn Roman Reigns heel!’ Isn’t he already? We’re just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him.” If he does something sinister to defeat the Undertaker and then plays it off like everything is on the level, Kevin Owens-style, then sure, we can talk about how he’s actually doing heel things. If he beats people to within inches of their life a la Brock Lesnar just because it gives him joy, then yeah, he’s heeling it up. But pitting him against someone guaranteed to get cheers against him isn’t Reigns as a heel.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:34:27 AM »
He's not trolling ME, though. All of the part-timer idiocy and the disinterest in NXT's decline (due to call ups, understandable, but pushing Slobbers of Plain over MOTY workers is disgusting) caused me to cancel the network.  Sure I'm just one guy, but I'm most likely not alone.

They can 'present' whatever they want, it's up to the viewers whether they buy a ticket, keep the network, but T-shirts, etc.  The hardcore fans will tag along no matter what, but I don't think they're doing their 'maybe' fans any favors.

EDIT: Also, if you're suggesting the WWE business strategy is 'trolling', i.e. annoying their fans with their choices in entertainment programming - I return to my statement about being brain-dead stupid.

CREED
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:41:02 AM by CreedP »
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline lotjx

• +3/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 12:01:20 PM »
The hour with KO/Jericho to the Raw Women's match and the Raw Ladder match was the best hour or so in Mania in a long time. Everything else minus Taker's final exit was sorta there. AJ/Shane and Rollins/HHH went on way too long and took much needed time from other matches. I thought the Women's Smackdown was a neat match for what it was. The Battle Royal had a weird Trump America metaphor at the end. Austin/Nevill need more time and Dean winning was sorta odd, but those belts are so in the back of people's minds that I forgot KO won the US title. Goldberg/Lesnar and Roman/Taker were as good as they were going to get well maybe not the Taker match. If this was Taker's last match then this Mania will be historic if not then...its just a Mania of the 2010s that seem to lump together minus WM 30.