Author Topic: <R> Powerful Resistance  (Read 562 times)

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
<R> Powerful Resistance
« on: March 11, 2017, 01:22:58 PM »
Revolution Powerful Resistance
Pre-match: Event
Requirement: Revolution WWE's Powerhouses is in your Ring.
Your Pre-match Capacity is +1.
When your opponent plays a non-Superstar-specific maneuver and you have lower Fortitude, put this card into your Ringside: overturn cards equal to that maneuver's printed Damage, and it is reversed; when you are a Powerhouse: put up to 1 of the cards overturned for this effect on the bottom of your Arsenal.
Unique

When the Powerhouse player uses this ACE, does the other player's move go to Ringside or Ring?
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: <R> Powerful Resistance
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:33:06 PM »
I don't see anything on the card suggesting it doesn't go to Ringside, so unless it's not completely reversed by the ACE, or has a replacement effect of its own, the reversed card would go to Ringside.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 07:14:48 PM »
Dilbert is correct. The card that Powerful Resistance reverses goes to Ringside, just like as if you'd reversed it with, say, Legendary Management or Shawn Michaels, Guest Ringside Announcer.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline DebuRaito

• +17/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 03:08:56 PM »
The image for this card differ from the text given on top, the image indicate that Powerful Resistance blank the maneuver, but didn't have the text that says "reverse". Is there any form of errata given to it?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »
Yes, you can see the updated card text from the 2017 Revisions in the set list for Virtual Revolution 5.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Coming Dec. 25

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 09:29:38 AM »
so to clarify since i ruled it according to the previous text, does it work more like Managed By Jimmy, or Oversell?

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 09:55:08 AM »
so to clarify since i ruled it according to the previous text, does it work more like Managed By Jimmy, or Oversell?

More like oversell.  Blank text, take the damage, end the turn (bottom 1 of the damage taken if you're a Powerhouse).
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 10:27:13 AM »
Yeah, but the lack of the 'played after successful' seemed confusing. At least we know that the maneuver played before Ole or Oversell is successful so it stays in ring, but not this.

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 10:36:45 AM »
If it doesn't say "reverse," it doesn't reverse, but it is still a response to the played card. As you only get one response to a played card (usually), if that response is an effect that doesn't reverse, the card is successful.

(It's worth bearing in mind that Revolution card templating differs from Classic card templating, in that Revo cards try to cut extraneous words wherever possible, to a greater degree than Classic cards. The absence of specific terminology you might have otherwise seen on a Classic card doesn't necessarily mean the card works differently; it just means that the card was worded differently to save space.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:33:08 AM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.