Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Victoria  (Read 401 times)

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
Superstar Spotlight: Victoria
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:01:01 PM »
Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in Victoria.

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

Victoria
Starting Hand Size: 6     Superstar Value: 1
Diva Superstar Ability: Once during each of your turns you may shuffle your hand into your Arsenal and draw the same number of cards. Your cards titled Battling the Voices are -6F and cannot be reversed.
DO, SS3

Managed by Stevie Richards
Pre-match Manager
The maximum number of Pre-match cards you may have in your Ring area is reduced by 1.
When this card is in your Ring area, you may put this card into your Ringside pile to reverse any non-unique maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, during your turn you may discard 4 cards and then put this card into your Ring area. When the card titled Stevie Interferes is in your Ring area, discard 1 card instead.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
DO, SS3

The Voices Are Getting Louder!
Pre-match Event
This card and Managed by Stevie Richards do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
Your Battling the Voices cards are Multi, and during your turn, ACE: you may remove 1 of those cards in your Ring from the game to put a Victoria-specific action from your Ringside into your hand.  When that card is Backed by Torrie and Candice, you may put that card into your Ring instead.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V1

I Ain’t the Lady to Mess With
Mid-match Reversal: Action
Reverse any non-unique Action card and end your opponent’s turn. Search your Arsenal for 1 Superstar-specific card, reveal it to him, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 3     D: 0     Fan Favorite logo
GAB

Spider Web Moonsault
High Risk / Action
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played card.
As an action, this card is -5D, put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal and then either draw 2 cards or put the card titled Managed by Stevie Richards from your Ringside pile into your Ring area and discard 1 card.
F: 0     D: 5

Victoria's Secret
Grapple
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver.
Cannot be reversed from your opponent's Backlash deck.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, during your turn you may put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 5     D: 10     SV: 1     Unique
ARM

Widow's Peak
Trademark Finisher
Can only be played when you reversed a card to end your opponent's last turn and this is the first card played of your turn.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, once during each of your turns you may remove your Backlash deck from the game and then put this card into your hand.
F: 20     D: 20     SV: 2     Unique     Raw logo
DO, SS3

Stevie Interferes
Reversal: Special: Run-in
Reverse any non-unique card and end your opponent's turn. When the card titled Managed by Stevie Richards is not in your Ring area, discard 1 card.
F: 15     D: 5     Unique     Raw logo
DO, SS3

Backed by Torrie & Candice
Action
Put 1 Unique card from your Ringside pile into your hand.
When this card is in your Ring area, once during each of your turns you may put 1 card from your hand under this card and then put 1 card from your Ringside pile on the bottom of your Arsenal. You may play the cards under this card as if they were in your hand. If this card is moved from your Ring area, put the cards under this card into your Ringside pile.
F: 0     D: 0     Cheater logo
GAB

This Is Not Enough
Action
Can only be played when you have fewer cards in your hand than your opponent.
Draw cards until you have the same number of cards in your hand as him.
Your next card played this turn is -#F, where # is equal to his Fortitude Rating.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
VEN, SS3

All the Things She Said...
Action
Shuffle 1 card from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal, draw 1 card, put 1 card from your Ringside pile into your hand, remove 1 card in your opponent's Ringside pile from the game, and he discards 1 card.
F: 1     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
DO, SS3

Yes, I've Lost My Mind
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, reveal your hand to your opponent and discard all non-Maneuver cards. Your maneuvers can only be reversed from your opponent's Arsenal for the rest of the turn.
As a reversal, when overturned, reverse any non-Trademark-Finisher maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 8     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
DO
   ---OR---
Yes, I've Lost My Mind - Throwback
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, your maneuvers can only be reversed from your opponent's Arsenal for the rest of the turn.
As a reversal, when overturned, reverse any non-Trademark-Finisher maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 8     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
SS3

...Running Through My Head
Action + Action
Cannot be reversed when All the Things She Said... is in your Ring.
You may discard up to 3 cards from hand, put the same number of cards from your Ringside into your hand, and shuffle up to the same number of cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal; you may discard 1 additional card for each Backed by Torrie & Candice in your Ring.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique     Multi     Cheater
V7

VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +240/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Victoria
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:13:08 PM »
1. Victoria is a decent middle of the road superstar, she can red wall really well in some situation being a diva and using McMahon-ism + her ability to see the cards she is going to draw is REALLY nice.
2.The Voices are getting louder made most of her nearly unplayable actions playable and also got to finish the saying from her titan-tron(finally!) no more incomplete sayings.
3. I built her with Diva moves and mono-sub for the repeatable diva lock recovery.
4. She can hold her own against about anyone, she may not be the best Diva out there but she can put up a hell of a fight. I built her in VC but she may compete well in NXT as well due to her ability to see more cards consistently.
5. She is a solid deck that can be very hard to put away if she gets going and bad hands are just about never a problem for her.
6. Virtual made it so playing her manager doesn't cripple the rest of her pre as greatly as it used to. Yes i've lost my mind isn't all that useful as an action due to Old School Brawl being around now, landing Stevie Interferes can be slightly harder to do now due to all the unique cards virtual has brought, but hitting it still makes managed by Stevie very useful
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Offline rated SRH

• +35/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Victoria
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:31:34 AM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

1. I find her to be most valuable in VC. Mainly due to there is slightly less uniques there. She can better utilize Stevie.

2. I Ain’t the Lady to Mess With
Mid-match Reversal: Action
Reverse any non-unique Action card and end your opponent’s turn. Search your Arsenal for 1 Superstar-specific card, reveal it to him, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 3     D: 0     Fan Favorite logo
GAB

If she's BASH allows her to tag some early action cards while fetching key specifics. Probably my favorite card of hers.

3. I've not had a chance to ever build her. I've recently just got a complete set. I'll likely be running her in the near future.

4. I'd prefer her to be in VC for my reason mentioned in my first post. VAA has a high chance to make Stevie useless.

5. I really like her & think she can hold her own verse just about anyone.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal