Author Topic: Read this  (Read 762 times)

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
Read this
« on: July 01, 2016, 04:23:10 PM »
http://www.workofwrestling.com/wowblog/wemustchange

I saw this come up on my Facebook feed.  Needless to say, the fact that I'm even putting it here should say something.

It you're a fan, please read.  After that, we should discuss here as well.
hXi

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
Re: Read this
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 05:15:50 PM »
Great article.

A fine line in what he writes, though. There's truth to one side as equal as there is to the other. Many of these people he rants about are the equivalent to the "Monday Morning Quarterback" tag.

What is sad to see is the same in what happens in the music business. Once your favorite local act or indie label band gets famous, you don't like them anymore because they "sold out" and you're just too cool for that. And because you did follow them in the "minors", you feel you know better about what's best for that person than the rest of the population. Maybe you did, but you don't anymore, but you can't acknowledge that.  ;)

There are a lot of folks, right here on this forum, that do this very thing. Said wrestler they loved on the indie scene makes it big, but they don't like them anymore because their working for the big boys now.

And yet, you continue to follow and/or watch.

And I also love all those dirt sheets articles that use the headline grabber; "Backstage News", as if they were there and were told all this supposedly classified information. I've been backstage countless times to many major wrestling events ... Never saw a man, woman or child standing around taking notes or interviewing someone for dirt sheet immortality. But then again, how would I know who they were any ways. I'm not back there to investigate.

Jesus, I could go on ... but,

Yeah, I'm done ranting.  ;D

I really did enjoy that read. Thanks for sharing.

VC
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:25:58 PM by VelaCards »
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:49:25 PM »
It's not just a wrestling thing....it's everywhere.....just read facebook half the time....politics (which is the worst BTW)...hell even TV Shows....I defy you to find a Dr Who discussion....or an Arrow....even Flash....anything on TV and dive through the comments and see the idiotic rage that fills the commentary (OK....some of them are right about Ollicity...but whatever :p ) .... we're a DVR society with the attention span of a flea and the tolerance of a six year old who's parents won't scold them for fear of scarring them throughout their adulthood....

You pay a ticket....yes you can cheer/boo....but there's always a line....and the modern day loves to dance across it on a daily basis.....just wait till Roman gets back and the wave of steroids chants he's gonna hear.....and that goddamed WHAT chant needed to die about 15 years ago too....I can almost tolerate the "you can't wrestle" chant, because it's almost not a personal attack on the person....but the line between civility and just general respect for each other got tossed out the window long long ago....and I don't think it's coming back anytime soon....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »
It's a general decline in civilization, we'll notice it even more in a couple years.  Idiocracy isn't waiting 500 years to happen, I give it a century at most, heh.

And now I understand why Skynet wipes out all the humans, haha.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 03:06:58 PM »

And now I understand why Skynet wipes out all the humans, haha.

CREED

This! So much this.  :D

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)