Author Topic: 2016 Errata Information  (Read 8713 times)

Offline xtremesfaction

• +0/-8
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Errata Information
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 06:33:27 PM »
I'm not sure ..but ... I dont read the lita bacstage ... gain RMS logo in the list ?
 And out of this time ... I think that the stipulation  " old school wresting match " is over powered ...more that  the stipulation " inferno match tb "  many overturm kill .. combo decks .. or at less eliminate his RMS logo .. is more .. playable

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 07:11:39 PM »
No RMS for Lita, but Feminine Wiles can't blank it because she's female, so that just leaves RTC and CM Punk, which is a very small amount of bad matchups.

Old School Wrestling Match TB is the same as it's been all along, we actually made it EASIER to play against because a card that blocks your ability to play maneuvers won't work with OSWM out.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 07:32:12 PM »
(pssstttt, if you're gonna play "no move Christy" just add pokes and shakes and you'll be fine....not to mention you'll recover three of the six next turn  :laugh: )
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »
Old School Wrestling Match TB is intentionally strong. It's also intentionally easy to play around: play yellow cards. Blue wave is not something that we're trying to enable anytime soon.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 07:38:42 PM »
Considering the biggest blue-wave era of Raw Deal, Divas Overload, nearly killed the game... yes, we'll avoid that extensively.  :)  It's still viable, as high level players will tell you, it's just not as obvious as it was 10 years ago.

And that's a good thing!

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what is the change of heart with Stephanie's cards being non unique again?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 09:03:27 PM »
A previous problem isn't a problem, and the change made a new problem, so putting it back was the right move.  :)

CREED

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Ryder-Lynch-Mahal
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 09:13:25 PM »
When will the new ERRATA file be up and available for printing?
Will like to update my list ASAP.
And would like the ERRATA file to be in just one PDF file.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 09:20:50 PM »
It's usually too large to put in one file, and with over 100 cards, this year won't be an exception.

Also, we normally post it, give a week or two for review (or in case we missed something, or someone points out a new issue from errata), then publish it and announce the legality.

But first, we talk about it, so everyone's aware.  :)

CREED

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Ryder-Lynch-Mahal
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 09:41:26 PM »
It's usually too large to put in one file, and with over 100 cards, this year won't be an exception.

Also, we normally post it, give a week or two for review (or in case we missed something, or someone points out a new issue from errata), then publish it and announce the legality.

But first, we talk about it, so everyone's aware.  :)

CREED

Maybe not one PDF file,
but a few Errata file.  ;D ;D ;D

Yup, will wait for it then. :D

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 09:49:27 PM »
I stand corrected, we got last year's into one file:  Download Information

We'll see how it goes, but yes, there's always one file just for the changes.

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2016, 07:48:29 AM »
We're adding in two last-minute suggestions, fixing a card that wasn't quite good enough (and pictures aren't readily available for new cards), and fixing a bit of idiocy I had in design.

Backed by Road Warrior Animal     (Heidenreich logo)
Pre-match Event
Your Heidenreich-specific Pre-match cards do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
Your Heidenreich-specific maneuvers are Trademark Finishers instead.  Your cards with 'punch' in the title are +2D.  Your Kidney Punch cards are considered Superstar-specific, replace 'is in your Ringside' with 'is in your cards removed from the game or Ringside' in the text, and you may remove 2 less cards from the game when moving Kidney Punch from your Ringside.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo

Talk Loud - Hit Harder     (Ken Kennedy logo)
Backstage Card
When you are Ken Kennedy, your Ability is blank, and when you successfully play an action card and the next card played that turn is a maneuver, it can only be reversed by D: 0 reversal cards.
When you are not, your non-Superstar-specific actions are -3F, your maneuvers are +1D, and during your turn you may hide this card and shuffle up to # cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal, where # is the number of Pre-match cards in your Ring.
Unique     RMS logo

We should 'go live' with these changes in a few days, and I'll probably have it done some time this weekend.  For an effective date, in honor of Kane, how about May 19th?  :)

CREED
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:30:58 AM by CreedP »

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 07:56:15 AM »
Quick question on Backed by Road Warrior animal, let's say I have 1 kidney punch on Ringside, I remove 2 cards from my Ringside out of game for kidney punch's effect. My question is can I remove that kidney punch from the game as part of the 2 cards,  and then retrieve it back again since I can now retrieve it from the rfg pile.

Thanks.

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 08:12:15 AM »

Kidney Punch
Strike: Volley: 7
When this card is in your Ringside pile, during your turn you may remove 4 cards in your Ringside pile from the game and then put this card into your hand.
SV: 1
F: 4   D: 8

Will the modifications of text to the bolded part cause any conflicts to the card? Since removing cards from game from the RFG pile seems like a weird wording.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 08:25:18 AM »
Quick question on Backed by Road Warrior animal, let's say I have 1 kidney punch on Ringside, I remove 2 cards from my Ringside out of game for kidney punch's effect. My question is can I remove that kidney punch from the game as part of the 2 cards,  and then retrieve it back again since I can now retrieve it from the rfg pile.

Nope, it's no longer there to complete the effect you started.

Also, thanks Debu, I added some words to clarify which effect is replaced.

CREED
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:32:35 AM by CreedP »

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 08:34:41 AM »
EDIT: Creed handled it, below is the original response.

A bit confused on the wording here:

The intent here is for Kidney Punch to be retrievable from RFG when you remove two cards from Ringside, right?

The current RW Animal card makes Kidney Punch read:

Kidney Punch
Strike: Volley: 7
When this card is in your cards removed from the game or Ringside pile, during your turn you may remove 4 2 cards in your cards removed from the game or Ringside pile from the game and then put this card into your hand.
SV: 1
F: 4   D: 8

I'm not sure if that means you can remove two cards from the game that have already been removed from the game to get back your KP.  Maybe instead of changing the wording, you could say on RW Animal that "you can activate Kidney Punch when it's removed from the game"?
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 11:22:02 AM »
Wow, I hadn't noticed this isn't a Lackey issue, it's a card image issue.

We're Here is missing the "non-Superstar-specific" in the card image.  That's a hefty difference!  Sorry about that, guys.

I'll put that in the Revision stack, since it's technically an update to the card images.

CREED

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 11:31:29 AM »
Not to be that guy to add more to your plate but since bringing up the text on Charlotte a while back about it missing the "The" in her text, I've found a couple more that are similar. Unfortunately, I didn't take note but will search again for you and can provide a list.

I know it's not a HUGE problem, and Idk how difficult it is to update the cards, but I figured I'll try and help as much as I can.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »
If you see something we missed, by all means mention it!  This would be the time, since fixing one card isn't a big deal, but updating everything everywhere IS, which is why we only do Revisions once a year.  :)

So as the crappy old Premiere card says, Whaddya Got?  :)

CREED

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 12:49:18 PM »
We Burn It to the Ground Tonight
Pre-match Allegiance: Raw
Cannot be packed when packing more than 1 copy of The King Interferes! or From the Mind of Eric Bischoff.
Can be played regardless of The Boogeyman's Ability.
Ignore the "You cannot play Pre-match cards" text on your Raw Pre-match cards, and your first non-Unique Raw Action of each turn cannot be reversed by hybrid or Unique reversals.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may put 2 Raw cards in your Ring under this card, and then your opponent overturns 2 cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo     Raw logo

Changed this up to prevent noted abuse with it.

So, just wondering, with any deck that packs this, is The Sex, The Gods, The Freaks, the Frauds now back up to a pack 3?
hXi

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2016, 01:12:17 PM »
I will be nice, stifle the urge to be sarcastic, and inquire if that is something more intended than asking if it says what it says...  :)

Was there another question?

CREED

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2016, 03:58:18 PM »
After 1 quick search, Latino Cheat says "Three Amigos" when it should (I assume) "The Three Amigos"...That may actually be it lol so I retract my "couple" comment  ;)

If I see anymore, I'll let you know

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2016, 04:29:22 PM »
Cool, thanks!  I got this added in.

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2016, 12:55:40 PM »
Revisions are complete!

Lackey should auto-update next time it starts, and the doc/pdf files have been uploaded.  Here's the links to the new images:

2016 Virtual Revisions, Part 1: (.doc/.pdf)
2016 Virtual Revisions, Part 2: (.doc/.pdf)
2016 Virtual Revisions, Part 3: (.doc/.pdf)

Also, much as I'd love to honor Kane, this isn't an expansion, these are card changes, so they really need to be legal now.  :)

EDIT:  I'll be updating the Virtual topics and Superstar guides over the weekend.  Please hold off until Monday, if there's still something I've missed, feel free to post.

CREED
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:07:18 PM by CreedP »

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »
I really do apologize, but we discovered one more issue that slipped through the cracks.  The short answer is on oversight in playtesting, but since we're already changing this card, we'll add it with further changes to prevent abuse and exploitation.

The Conqueror     (Beast Incarnate logo)
Backstage Card
When packing this card, you cannot pack Interviewed by Mean Gene Okerlund.
When this card is revealed, you cannot flip cards face-up.
Your Here Comes the Pain is F: 0 and can only be reversed by Unique reversals.
When you would overturn more than 1 card for your oponent's non-damage effects or discard more than 1 card for his effects, you may flip 1 card in your Ring face-down, and the number is reduced to 1.
Unique     RMS logo

The long answer, for those who care, is that we tried to make Beast strong but he wasn't quite there. Then the whole Suplex City thing started, so we added that to improve him, and he didn't need as much from Conqueror to be a strong Superstar.  Also, the flip-reduction effects had too much exploitable potential, and there's no way we could catch everything.  Finally, Turn the Tides and/or irreversible Next Big Thing into irreversible Multi suplexes is too much.

So there, that's it.  Uploads are completing, and should be done by the time you read this.  If we absolutely have to change something before Worlds, we'll issue emergency errata, but this last change will conclude the 2016 Revisions.

CREED