Author Topic: [SPOILERS] WWE TLC PPV  (Read 2723 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
[SPOILERS] WWE TLC PPV
« on: December 13, 2015, 05:09:46 PM »
So how do you make a show with a bunch of rematches more interesting?  Add 'plundah'!  #dustyrhodes  Search your Arsenal for those cards and stick them in your Backlash, it's time for TLC!  Considering how last year's show had some pleasant surprisingly good matches like Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt, here's hoping everyone steps up and shines.  (Except for The New Day, they're already carrying the WWE, haha)

(Props to my buddy The Jay Ralston for hopping a plane from L.A. to Boston today, going from PWG's All-Star Weekend across the country to catch TLC and keep his PPV streak alive!)

Ugh, major WWE Network issues, but I'm able to get the Kickoff show on their Youtube channel, and switch it on just in time for.. well, another one of those obnoxious stupid bait-and-switch podcast commercials for HBK on Stone Cold's show.  Sure, that's great, but STOP &*@#$ pretending there's a match involved, ugh.

But then it's just in time for Sasha Banks!  Massive ovation for the hometown girl in Boston! Uh-oh, they're going to ... sing? Yeesh, this may just kill the hometown favor. It sounds like they're hoping to get Team BAD as the female New Day. Amusingly, Tamina keeps reading the book for her lines, but Sasha knew all of hers already, haha. Becky's out and they try to push her Celtic background for the Boston Celtics, that's a bit of a reach (as opposed to, say, being FROM the town in question heh).

Kickoff Show Match
  Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

They hit the ground running and use some fantastic reversals and escapes to start out, which is really sad because the crowd is fading fast despite some excellent wrestling. It doesn't help that the d'bags on commentary are trying to sound hip and in the loop by talking about UFC, sports teams, etc... as opposed to, you know, THE MATCH. Things take a turn after Naomi's interference, and Sasha hits the double knees to a solid pop!  ....so they go to commercial.  ~headdesk~
(Commercial is a long one for WWE Network, poorly timed and in questionable taste with the major network issues at the moment.)
Coming back, they trade moves until the Bank Statement hits!  Becky is able to stand up, as Sasha doesn't have it fully locked, but the Boss forces her back down and locks it in properly.  Lynch struggles for a bit, then stands up into an electric chair, but Sasha reverses to a victory roll, which Lynch reverses right back!  Another roll up attempt only gets 2, and Sasha's dumped facefirst into a turnbuckle.  Both girls battle for a bit, but the Lass Kicker hits a lariat to win the exchange.  She follows up with a leg drop, kicking Sasha back down to set up a second one, but Banks escapes it.
After some pinfall attempts, Becky hits a great suplex but her target lands too close to the ropes, and kicks away a follow up attempt, only to have Becky hit the Dis-Arm-Her!  Sasha tries to roll out of it, but gets it locked back in! Tamina distracts the referee so Naomi can deliver a kick to break the hold, and Sasha hits the Bank Statement in the center of the ring, with Lynch forced to tap out.

WINNER: "The Boss" Sasha Banks

Very good, fast-paced match and the crowd got into it more at the end, thankfully.  Good way to start the show, let's hope the Boston fans stay involved (and the WWE gives them reasons to be, heh).

After some panel predictions and promos, we go to the Hall of the League of Nations: Sheamus with his title, ADR with his title, BNB with his crown, and Rusev with his Lana.  Who's the real winner here?  Amusing bit as they predict victory in each of their matches (except Barrett who doesn't have one, but they gloss over that, heh).

AND THE SHOW STARTS!  First match is... WHAT?!  They're starting with THAT?!

Tag Team Title Ladder Match
  The New Day© vs. The Usos vs. The Lucha Dragons

New Day are entertaining, as always, suggesting they are the next Wheaties box cover. The Luchas are out next.  Theoretically, hard to tell, since the NET...WORK SUCKS! NET...WORK SUCKS!  haha  Usos out last doing their spiel, and ugh, this is going to suck the life out of this in a real hurry if they can't get their network issues together, sighs.

Coming back to people flying everywhere, as Big E plays King of the Hill in the ring with a ladder, while Xavier extols Kofi's ladder experience on commentary.  Kofi and one of the Dragons duplicate Shelton's famous 'springboard jump onto the ladder' bit, nicely done!  Action spills out of the ring, and the Luchas hit stereo moonsaults off the turnbuckles onto New Day, then Usos pitch a ladder onto them, but it is caught, so they dive over the top onto the whole mess!

Xavier breaks from commentary for some trombone related shenanigans, then gets back on the headset, haha. They have a very unusual spot with an upside-down ladder in the corner, with Kalisto diving from the turnbuckle over the top onto Big E! Sin Cara folds the ladder and follows it down in a splash, then dives out onto the Usos with a Senton! Kalisto tries to hold down E with a ladder while climbing, but duh, he just bench presses the ladder up... even Sin Cara's weight isn't enough!  Very amusing use of his strength, haha.

Obviously, this is going WAY too fast for me to keep up, but it's fast-paced and very creative, definitely earning the THIS IS AWESOME chants.  Network hiccups ruin the pace, unfortunately.  Coming back, the Usos work over Kofi in the corner, getting him in Tree of Woe position.  One hands the other a stepladder, so the first can hit a butt splash in the corner, very cool bit! Luchas come back in and fight with Usos, hitting their usual double team spots with ladders added in.

Xavier plugs WWE 16, and says his team is waiting outside of the ring letting their stamina build back up, haha! Wow, Woods has a huge future in this business, he's easily be one of the better WWE commentators I've heard in years! They do some hijinks with a ladder laying from the second rope through the centrally-placed big ladder, then Kalisto goes to the top and hits SALIDA DEL SOL OVER THE TOP AND THROUGH THE HORIZONTAL LADDER!  OH... MY...GAWD!!  THAt WAS INSANE!!!

Sin Cara hits a post script swanton on Uso for good measure, but holy crap that was incredible.  Network lags and comes back with New Day coming back into the match... nope, fake out as more lags hit.  Geez, this is absurd, this was one of the matches I expected to highlight the show and I can't get more than a few minutes to run without issues.  I have no idea what's happening now, sighs.  Idiots.

HAHA  After the skip, Xavier flips the $&%^ out when Cole calls it wrong, and says Sin Cara is climbing the ladder when it's Kalisto, that's awesome. He then remembers the match is No DQ, runs and grabs the trombone and throws it at the Lucha Dragon, buying enough time for Kofi to get back up and make the save... and... skip.... and... oh, I guess they won.

WINNERS: The New Day

F*** you, WWE, stop plugging your Network and FIX IT FIRST.  sighs  Oh yeah, the match, they highlight the Salida Del Sol off the ladder, and apparently that lead to the finish of Kofi getting the belts.  Probably a great match if watched all at once, haha.  I might give it another look later this week, see the unedited version, lawl.

HAHA Someone just had to make this image!

Plug for NXT Takeover: London, which bothers me immensely... because it's not Wednesday yet, dammit, haha.  :)  They start the recap for the next match, which honestly gives me time to throw my pizza in the oven.

Rusev vs. Ryback

Apparently they had this match on the last 2 Raws, so my enthusiasm wanes even more.  I heard the bell ring and Rusev's music play, then catch the replay to see Lana faked another injury for a distraction, her man got the win via Accolade, and took his time letting go after Ryback passed out.

WINNER: Rusev

Recap, Stone Cold podcast plug, then Ambrose and Reigns chat backstage... and the feed starts messing up again.  Ugh.  Plug for the U.S. Title match, time to get my pizza in the over, lol.

United States Title Chairs Match
  Alberto Del Rio© vs. Jack Swagger

Sorry, no coverage here.  I wasn't interested when these guys fought for the World Title at Wrestlemania a couple years ago, and chairs didn't make it more interesting.  Finish comes when ADR hits his new double stomp finisher onto a pile of chairs.

WINNER: Alberto Del Rio

Package for the next match, followed by a promo from the Extremists.  This should be more fun, though the pizza's almost ready, haha.

Tag Team Elimination Tables Match
  The Wyatt Family vs. Dudley Boyz, Dreamer & Rhyno

This match is shorter and less dramatic than I was expecting.  Rowan gets eliminated, but otherwise the Wyatt Family is intact at the end.  Rhyno did not Gore someone through a table, Bubba got lighter fluid on a table, but went through it before he could light it.  Very sloppy, with several small botches along the way.  I had expected better, sadly.

WINNER: Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Braum Strowman, and Luke Harper)

And here we go, surprisingly no promo for the next match, and the champion is out first.  Oh, with a microphone!  He runs down Boston, then says Dean Ambrose throwing soda and popcorn at him on Raw was meaningless, as he has soda and popcorn everyday, HAHAHA.

Intercontinental Title
  Kevin Owens© vs. Dean Ambrose

Admittedly, I'd be inclined to recap this match in more detail, but the low-heat matches after the network stream botches in the highlight match of the show has taken the wind out of my sails.  This match is rather good though, more of their great match from last month.  Random bit, Dean hit Dirty Deeds and went for the pin, but Kevin was not quiiiiite able to reach the bottom rope, so he touched it with his finger, and the ref stopped the count... crowd was NOT happy about that one.  In the end, Ambrose reverses a Pop-Up Power Bomb into a hurricanrana and locks the legs in for the 1-2-3!

WINNER AND NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION: Dean Ambrose

They're burning through the show kind of fast, as we're almost to the two-hour mark with only two matches left, and I can't see this as the kind of show to have bonus matches and such.  They fill time with yet another plug for Network shows... you know, to get me to watch the Network I'm already watching.   ::)

Divas Championship Match
  Charlotte© vs. Paige

This is an odd match, as Charlotte and Ric seemed to display some dirty heel tactics, but Paige wasn't exactly playing the face herself, so not a double turn but... I'm confused.  Pretty good match though, unsurprisingly.  as both are excellent wrestlers. Crazy spot as Paige charges in with a knee to a kneeling opponent, but Charlotte catches her and give a short DDT. Strangely, Ric seemed to be removing the second rope turnbuckle pad for some reason, only to get caught by the referee and warned off. Paige hit the Ram-Paige DDT near the ropes, so Ric put his daughter's foot on the ropes to break the count, and Paige flips out.  Oh, I get it now!  Charlotte finishes removing the turnbuckle pad and pulls Paige down into it, then rolls her up for 3.

WINNER: Charlotte

They show a segment with sponsor Kay Jewelers, where WWE fan "Coleco" (snicker) meets with Jey Uso and Naomi to get a ring, then get a "VIP Tour" before Raw... where the fan proposes to his wife in the middle of the ring, and her response?  YES! YES! YES!  Excellent  :)

Backstage, Charlotte and Ric celebrate until they come across Becky Lynch, who isn't happy about the way the title was won.  Charlotte proposes a pinky promise but Ric steals it, and they WOO! off to celebrate as Becky looks uncertain.  I'm guessing Becky will help keep Charlotte busy until they start building for Lynch/Charlotte at WM?

Video package for the whole Sheamus/Roman Reigns stuff. I can't help but flash to highly amusing 16-bit side scrolling TLC promo ending with a Big Show attack, let's hope that's not the finish here... I'm very much enjoying his absence, along with Cena, Orton, Kane, Undertaker, etc.

WWE World Title TLC Match
  Sheamus© vs. Roman Reigns

What.. the... actual... eff... a WE WANT CE-NA chant breaks out.  Screw you, Boston, you're jerks and you aren't helping.  A**holes.  Match starts out with the usual 'big man brawling at ringside' type stuff. Ah, that's better, a WE MISS ROLLINS! chant, that's a passable redemption, heh.  Highlight so far include Sheamus using the steps to hit White Noise through a table, Reigns taking a ladder shot to the face (didn't catch it quite right), and Roman's flying chair shot (Superman Chair Shot? heh).

Reigns hits a contrived Samoan Drop off the apron to a ladder running from the announce table to the apron, and that sets up the 'big climb',with Sheamus's comeback stopped by a Superman Punch, until the Celtic Warrior just yanks the ladder down to stop his challenger. But a Superman Punch at the top of the ladder send Sheamus through an oddly placed table.  Reigns is going up, he's going to do it! 

League of Nations arrives, as ADR and Rusev attack Roman.  Del Rio helps Sheamus to his feet, as Rusev tries to lock in an Accolade on the floor to make him watch, but he breaks out and hits the Superman Punch to each of the interlopers.  Sheamus is able to deliver a Brogue Kick, though, and he slowly climbs back up the ladder to take the title, staring right at Roman in disbelief before he... takes the title?  That was a weird way to do it.

WINNER: Sheamus

That was a massive downer ending.  Roman inhumanly fights off two guys, while his so-called 'family' hides in the back like cowards, and then Reigns just watches as Sheamus wins.  Post-match, ADR and Rusev  hoist Sheamus, but Reigns spears them all, then grabs a chair and beats everyone down.  So what?  You're a sore loser, you have sh**ty friends, and you're a bigger "B+ Player" than Bryan could ever be.

The Authority and a sea of zebras arrive and yell at Reigns to put down the chair, which is as effective as expected.  HHH takes off his tie, which looks dumber hanging half off his neck, and gets the referees to take Sheamus out of the ring.  Trips checks on him, then asks what's the matter with Roman... a fair question.  Reigns snaps and gives HHH a Superman Punch, then beats him with a chair.  Sure, that's what you should do when you suck, attack your boss, lawl.

Vince, please.  Roman is not Stone Cold, HHH is not you.  This same ol' crap isn't working, he just looks like he's throwing a temper tantrum because he's not good enough to be a champion.  Seriously, where the hell is his 'brother'?  Where are his cousins?  Where are Ryback, or Swagger, or anyone else who had beef with the League?  This is why evil wins, because good is dumb.

Oh, and Roman power bombs HHH into the Spanish Announce Table, which does NOT break.  Ow.  So he jumps off the other table and elbow drops Trips through the table.  They make a big show of helping him back up as Reigns leaves, but he doubles back and spears HHH at ringside, then roars.  Sure, whatever.  The announcers are pointing out how dumb this is, how at the very least he should be fired... I guess the THANK YOU ROMAN chant means it's getting some kind of crowd response, so... I don't know.  Roman poses in the entryway, and gets a Cena-like mixed response.

Overall: Total 'meh' PPV, and idiocy for not fixing the Network feed before the best match of the show. Some good spots but mostly just a mess.  Watch the opening match then wait until Wednesday for NXT Takeover instead, haha.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 09:00:07 PM by CreedP »
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] WWE TLC PPV
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »
Yeah I was ready to turn the PPV in the pre-show for basically taking out the whole pre-show match for a damned commercial

WWE has become TNA now, the PPV's start out REALLY good...and get worse as we crawl towards the Main Event..... I don't think I'm watching the World Title match.... happy birthday to me.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 06:36:18 PM »
Eh, I think that was a dumb move to use that match to lead off with, they should have done something else fast-paced, and thrown the ladder Tag Team match in around the start of the second hour.  Eh, we'll see.

I think Owens/Ambrose is the only other mid-card match I'm really looking forward to, we'll see how it goes.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 06:37:50 PM »
Can just shut it off now, that was it for the night. Just like last year, I think ziggler v harper opened and it was awesome...then all down hill from there

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 06:57:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Salida del Sol off the ladder is spot of the night. Wow! Just... wow.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 07:53:49 PM »
Fell asleep and woke up to Ambrose as champ, shows how much I thought of the 8 man tag match, no way they'd put 4 guys from back in the day over the #2 stable (New Day is #1 w/the amount of hype around them right now)..how was that match?? Kinda happy that Ambrose won. I thought he was a good US champ and thought he deserved this, plus KO is now freed up for more (?)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 07:56:26 PM by niiiiick »

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 08:11:26 PM »
I have never said this before: Thank God for JBL's commentary. I was begging for someone to raise the point that Ric Flair is the Dirtiest Player in the Game, so why is anyone surprised by the end result of this?
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 08:18:09 PM »
the amount of rage I still have over Owens losing....I finally snapped and went to a Starrcade when I heard Tater Tots....I....just.. .. can't :p

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »
Pfft, Owens can lose, it's no big deal.  The 'finger touch' bit was dumb, but that's just bad positioning.  But people said Kevin was buried when he lost to Cena twice, and that's not the case... he'll be fine.

CREED

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 08:29:36 PM »
the amount of rage I still have over Owens losing....I finally snapped and went to a Starrcade when I heard Tater Tots....I....just.. .. can't :p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FROM YOUR FRIENDS AT WWE!

In all honesty, it looks like just every other show WWE has, with the only thing "shaking things up" is gimmick match:
New Day Rocks, We Want Sasha, Owen/Ambrose owns, everything and everyone else has no fire in the belly.  Otherwise known as "Why the hell do people still watch the Main Roster?"

So now it's an issue of trying to get my friends who are trying to go to RAW in Columbus next month (I'd rather be at work; actually, be at the next HoG show, but Work vs. RAW is not even a contest) to not be ******* and being "Fire Kevin Dunn" signs.
hXi

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 09:02:54 PM »
So, what's the angle here? A Stone Cold-Daniel bryan mix to get him over? They really wanna make him look STRONG

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »
A comment I really liked on a site I check for results:

Michael Cole: "Reigns has been pushed far enough."
Cole just described the thoughts of the entire IWC.

HAHAHA

CREED

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 09:09:02 PM »
Pfft, Owens can lose, it's no big deal.  The 'finger touch' bit was dumb, but that's just bad positioning.  But people said Kevin was buried when he lost to Cena twice, and that's not the case... he'll be fine.

CREED

I actually loved the finger touch....that's CLASSIC "dick heel" Owens at his BEST

Having to see my GF celebrate her guy beat my guy for title that was finally getting it's respect brought back....on my birthday....yeaahhh h, I didn't need that today :p

A suspension of Reigns and giving him some time away to let the fans kinda miss him might be the best thing for him right now to be honest

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 08:40:23 AM »
Possibly my favorite moment (sans the Salida del Sol, because seriously) was in the 8 man tag, where Tommy Dreamer hit Braun in the nuts with a cheesegrater, but the announcers said NOTHING about it. Whoops, not PG...
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 11:57:14 AM »
Possibly my favorite moment (sans the Salida del Sol, because seriously) was in the 8 man tag, where Tommy Dreamer hit Braun in the nuts with a cheesegrater, but the announcers said NOTHING about it. Whoops, not PG...

I can imagine telling Braun about how he'd better sell that or he won't need to.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 12:45:38 PM »
Oh, someone needs to tell him how to sell, he was the low point of the show.  Let's just say he'll be a Featured Artist on the next Botchamania...

CREED

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 04:45:28 PM »
Strowman is a bearded version of The Great Khali. Horrendous in the ring.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »
I don't think he's THAT bad, but I have slightly more interest in seeing Sheamus in the ring than Khali.

Also, without spoiling it, somehow they managed to use Raw to make the PPV seem even crappier.  Kind of dick move, IMO.

CREED

Offline rocky_iwata

• +11/-20
  • Danny Dichioooooooooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 03:10:56 PM »
Congrats to Roman Reigns for finally earning it, from one of the toughest crowd in America nonetheless.
That guy with a long lastname.....

TFC! (CLAP CLAP CLAP!)

Offline rated SRH

• +40/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 04:44:52 PM »
I don't think he's THAT bad, but I have slightly more interest in seeing Sheamus in the ring than Khali.

Also, without spoiling it, somehow they managed to use Raw to make the PPV seem even crappier.  Kind of dick move, IMO.

CREED

That's a Dubya C Dubya move.
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal