Author Topic: TLC Predictions Thread  (Read 703 times)

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
TLC Predictions Thread
« on: December 13, 2015, 02:39:37 PM »
Well, nobody else jumped on this, so I guess I might as well. Who's everyone got in tonight's PPV?

Le card:
TLC Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title
Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens

Ladder Match Triple Threat for the WWE Tag Team Titles
The Usos vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. The New Day

WWE Divas Title Match
Paige vs. Charlotte with Ric Flair

Chairs Match for the WWE United States Title
Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio

Tag Team Tables Elimination Match
Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan vs. Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno and The Dudley Boyz

Ryback vs. Rusev

-----------

My take:

TLC Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title
Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus - Can I just vote for a meteor to hit the ring and take them both out? Reigns winning the title this soon after Survivor Series makes no damn sense, so I have to give the edge to Mr. Lucky Charms in the Bank.

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens - And here we have the WWE World Heavyweight Title match we would have had in the alternate universe where there is a just and loving God. I want both men to come out of this looking like absolute monsters, but with Sheamus retaining the big belt, your winner should be Dean Ambrose... but by disqualification, so that Owens retains his belt and his heat.

Ladder Match Triple Threat for the WWE Tag Team Titles
The Usos vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. The New Day - Can this one just be a battle of the crowd reactions? US-O vs. LU-CHA vs. NEW... DAY ROCKS? This is, no doubt in my mind, going to be the second best match on the card. I have to give the edge to The New Day here, both because they're one of the most enjoyable stables I've seen in years and because they are drawing by far the best crowd reactions.

WWE Divas Title Match
Paige vs. Charlotte with Ric Flair

Well, if you're going to have a bathroom break... do it with Flair. Charlotte wins, bladders drain, Nature Boy drops an elbow on his coat.

Chairs Match for the WWE United States Title
Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... They want us to think this is an actual match. That's cute. Here is your winner... AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... DEL RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! [/Ricardo]

Tag Team Tables Elimination Match
Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan vs. Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno and The Dudley Boyz

Please, again, let's go to the alternate "Just and loving God" universe, and give the Wyatts a desperately needed win. PLEASE. The Wyatt Family. Survivors: Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan

Ryback vs. Rusev

This is a thing? *flips coin* Ryback.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Re: TLC Predictions Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 02:59:08 PM »
My predictions are the same as Big E's.

"There will be matches. People will watch. People will complain."

There is literally no match I'm excited to see on this card, so it's a toss-up whether I'll even tune in.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: TLC Predictions Thread
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 03:46:32 PM »
I'll be doing coverage for the show, actually kind of looking forward to it... because if we're going to get another 'filler' PPV with rematches and such, might as well as furniture to the mix to make it more enjoyable!   :D  But let me toss out my pre-show thoughts first...

Sasha Banks d. Becky Lynch: Just added for kick-off show, they finally got my memo I see.  Build up Sasha in the background so they have the next feud ready for Charlotte, cuz I hear Sasha vs. Charlotte might be a good match or something... :)  Plus, fans are ALREADY chanting 'We want Sasha' during Divas title matches, so....

Rusev d. Ryback: If I was booking it, the League of Nations would show strength by having a win here, possibly by shenanigans from other members.  However, not being certain how long they plan to string this out, it's the aforementioned cointoss. So Rusev is fine either way.

Wyatts d. Extremists: Wyatts basically HAVE to win this, or they are so far from being a threat after being easily dispatched last month by 2 old dudes, they're utterly pointless.  Should be an entertaining match, though.

Divas Title - Charlotte d. Paige:  Paige is very aimless right now, seems like it would be a major step backwards for her to win.  Charlotte needs to stay strong and head into Wrestlemania to face Sasha IMO.

Tag Titles Ladder Match - New Day d. Usos & Luchas:  They're insanely hot, and neither of these teams has posed a serious threat.  Sure, they could try to move the titles to a face team, probably the Lucha Dragons to make them seem more credible, but the more title challengers in a WWE match, the better the odds the champions retain, heh.

US Title Chairs Match - ADR d. Swagger.  Jack Swagger...LOL  "Yeah, the guy chilling on Superstars for months is suddenly a legit contender."

IC Title Match - Owens d. Ambrose... Maybe.  Wait. Um. Well, I'd HOPE Kevin Owens so he can build up more momentum for something bigger, but Ambrose winning is probably fine as well.  Should be a great match for having no additional stipulations.
(EDIT: Just read Dilbert's predictions, I like his idea a lot, Ambrose gets the W but not the belt, the old 'win the battle but lose the war' thing.)

WWE World Title TLC Match - Sheamus d. Reigns.  Please, WWE, Please overbook the hell out of this match.  Two of my least favorite WWE guys right now, laying around 'selling' sounds like an awful main event.  Have the League interfere, put Reigns through a table, Ambrose and the Usos come out to even things up, carnage everywhere, etc.  Both Reigns and Sheamus are lukewarm, and a slow-paced match won't help that in the slightest.  Make it very over the top, keep it busy, tell the story of Reigns struggling but missing out by a hair due to outside interference, so he can win it at the Rumble or something.

CREED
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:08:43 PM by CreedP »
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard