Author Topic: Andre question  (Read 719 times)

Offline bridgepete

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Andre question
« on: December 12, 2015, 12:55:54 PM »
For second part of Andre ability, can I take 1 damage then use effect of i did not reverse damage card on first damage?

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +310/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Andre question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 12:59:22 PM »
All damage must be applied before you can use Andre's Ability.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline bridgepete

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 11:25:10 PM »
OK so once I overturn a reversal can I activate my ability as long as card is reversed

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »
OK so once I overturn a reversal can I activate my ability as long as card is reversed

The OmniFAQ entry for Andre may help you.

Andre The Giant
-If Andre’s opponent passes without playing any cards, Andre may use his Ability.
-Andre cannot use his ability if he ends the turn by reversing his opponent’s first card from hand, Ring area, or Ringside pile.  However, he can use his ability if he reverses his opponent’s second card from Arsenal.
-If Andre’s opponent continues his turn (Rabid Wolverine, for example) and plays a third card, Andre cannot use his ability any longer on this turn.
-If the opponent's cards, effects, or Superstar Ability cause him to end his turn, Andre's Ability will still take place.  EXAMPLE:  The Largest Athlete in Sports Entertainment or Mr. PPV.
-As Superstar Abilities are not active before the Draw Segment unless specified, if a player ends his turn by removing Obey, Andre's ability cannot be used.
-Andre can pack Faction Pre-match cards, as they are Superstar-specific and can be packed by any Superstar.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline bridgepete

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 04:03:46 AM »
Thank you Daeva that helps a lot👍🏾

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »
What would happen if Andre reverses his opponents first card (in this case a maneuver) from arsenal? Would he be able to activate his ability?

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +74/-67
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 04:10:56 PM »
What would happen if Andre reverses his opponents first card (in this case a maneuver) from arsenal? Would he be able to activate his ability?

No.

Andre “The Giant” (Superstar Card) (STARTER DECK - Great American Bash)
Starting Hand Size: 8
Superstar Value: 8
Legend Superstar Ability:
You cannot pack Pre-match cards, Mid-match cards, or High Risk maneuvers.
You may pack up to an additional 40 cards in your Arsenal.
During each of your turns, you cannot play more than 1 Set-up card.
During your opponent’s turn, when he ends his turn before playing a second card or successfully plays a second card and damage has been applied, you may put 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal, draw 1 card, he randomly discards 2 cards, and end his turn.
I'm the wind, baby.