Author Topic: UFC 193  (Read 911 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
UFC 193
« on: November 15, 2015, 05:14:01 AM »
So of you're trying to avoid ***** SPOILERS***** Stop reading now.

With Ronda losing last night in a shocking fasion. Who thinks she goes to WWE in the near future?  She does get an immediate rematch per White. I could easily see her going to WWE. Last night though Ronda just looked unprepared & out of sync. Holly was a 2,000 Vegas underdog last night. Missed opportunity :-/ lol.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Frostbite18

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: UFC 193
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »
I think she will stay in the UFC for awhile.   She just needs to work on different approaches in the Octagon.  Frank Mir nailed it last night when he said she had a plan A but no plan B.  She kept trying to clinch and judo throw into her arm bar but she had no answer when her Judo didn't work.

She's earned a rematch but she needs time to improve and game plan or else I see the same thing happening again.  She also needs less distractions around her.  I guess that goes with being a popular champion though.

Offline KD8ESU

• +16/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »
I think she will stay in the UFC for awhile.   She just needs to work on different approaches in the Octagon.  Frank Mir nailed it last night when he said she had a plan A but no plan B.  She kept trying to clinch and judo throw into her arm bar but she had no answer when her Judo didn't work.

The funny part is that in all of my Martial Arts classes when the topic of facing her comes up, I kept telling people that if they can counter the Judo Throw -> Armbar, she'd have her back to you and be an easy target since she's never needed another trick.  She always really was a one-trick pony; not that her one trick was bad, I've seen World Champion Karate fighters use a grand total of 5 moves in their ENTIRE CAREER.

All it took was someone to figure her out and plan for that move, and Rhonda was bound to loose.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.

Offline rocky_iwata

• +11/-20
  • Danny Dichioooooooooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 11:18:31 AM »
Rousey had never been tested by fighters with legit striking skills yet til last night where she got one that is also bigger and has a longer reach in Holm. Holm also executed her gameplan very well as well as Rousey couldn't ground her at all in round 1 plus a bunch of punches in return.

Plus Rousey refused to do a glove touch yet again. Talk about eating a humble pie.

Haters, a lot of them, should be very happy.
That guy with a long lastname.....

TFC! (CLAP CLAP CLAP!)

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 11:48:10 AM »
Not that it happened on purpose....but it was probably a good time for Rhonda to lose....one or two more Tyson-style matches and people would have gotten bored with her....now the rematch will be BIG money regardless of who wins...

...plus the memes about this have been FABULOUS!!!!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 03:51:08 PM »
She played right into Holly's game. Ronda had zero business trying to trade strikes. Hopefully Ronda can heal up from this & learn from her mistakes. I fully believe Ronda would win the rematch.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Shelan

• +0/-4
  • And That's the Bottom Line...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 05:10:46 AM »
One of the best KO ever!
"Imagine speaking with your oldest, wisest, most optimal future self. What you're doing is tapping deep into your subconscious. Let your choices be guided by the person you hope to become." — Brianna Wiest