Author Topic: Eating my Humble Pie  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +20/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
Eating my Humble Pie
« on: October 15, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »
After years of adamant disdain for Virtual Raw Deal without consideration to try it out, I have printed out the entire set of Virtual 1: Break the Wall Down.
Over the last six months we have brought our Raw Deal community back together with up to fifteen people playing in our monthly events with alternate art promotional cards and store credit for prizing. I have found it to be getting stale already using the same card pool from nearly ten years ago. Following the recent spoilers of V7 leading into the set release was exciting, bringing me back to the old set releases, I decided to look over the first set of Virtual releases. Seeing how the cards are all Unique was a big motivator to using it, as well as new Superstar Sets. Prior to reading the full set a lot of us locally were so focused on the Superstar Specifics that seem to make the previous roster seem unbalanced, without considering what the whole set provides for everyone.
A friend of mine has been supportive of the releases for a while, but no one wanted to play with him and now we also have a couple of other players interested in trying the first set out as well. With this I'm eating my words of the past, looking forward to not being sour and clapping my hands for the two time WWE Tag Team Champions THE NEW DAY!
http://twitch.tv/EricRD for Raw Deal streams

Raw Deal games, videos and more.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Re: Eating my Humble Pie
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 03:19:33 PM »

And that's the power of positivity!

Very glad to hear you're enjoying things! :D
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 03:22:50 PM »
Glad to hear you guys got on the Virtual Bandwagon!!

It brought a question to mind though, will you guys be jumping into all seven virtual sets at once or doing it one set at a time for a while then slowly adding sets 2-7 as well? Just wondering because I have two hockey teammates that want to play in our next tourney and was wondering which way you guys chose to tackle the virtual encyclopedia of Raw Deal cards at your disposal now!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +20/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »
Glad to hear you guys got on the Virtual Bandwagon!!

It brought a question to mind though, will you guys be jumping into all seven virtual sets at once or doing it one set at a time for a while then slowly adding sets 2-7 as well? Just wondering because I have two hockey teammates that want to play in our next tourney and was wondering which way you guys chose to tackle the virtual encyclopedia of Raw Deal cards at your disposal now!

I want to tackle this one set at a time, giving each one a few months to set in. V2 can pretty much be included because it is just Superstar sets.
A question I have for established V-Players: How would the newer Superstars jam with the early non-SS card releases? I'm excited to play MVP and all... But I would like to use something more current.
http://twitch.tv/EricRD for Raw Deal streams

Raw Deal games, videos and more.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 05:25:40 PM »
It depends - Certain superstars are designed with access to specific cards in mind, like the NXT Superstars (and Rookies) having From NXT to WWE and NXT Breakout Star. Ones that don't depend on those cards would fare better (Shield members, for instance, or Wyatt Family guys).
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 05:31:59 PM »
Another example would be any Classic WWF-logo Superstars and/or Legends that use the cards in V4 and forward, and/or the 'Classic' maneuvers. 

It's a lot to take in, admittedly, but hopefully lots of fun too.  :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 05:32:44 PM »
It depends - Certain superstars are designed with access to specific cards in mind, like the NXT Superstars (and Rookies) having From NXT to WWE and NXT Breakout Star. Ones that don't depend on those cards would fare better (Shield members, for instance, or Wyatt Family guys).

Pretty much this....a guy like the Beast Incarnate or even Roman Reigns would be fine....but someone like Wade Barrett or even Seth Rollins really needs the non-specific cards from other sets to truly shine......

Offline The Hitman

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 04:47:31 PM »
Damn.. where do you live?  I'd love to join your group. 

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 05:00:13 PM »
Damn.. where do you live?  I'd love to join your group.

Who.....me?? We're all pretty close to each other in Roselle Park, NJ *cheap pop!!!!*

Offline ass_clown_2007

• +3/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 05:10:27 PM »
We are from Barrie Ontario Canada