Author Topic: Night of Champions Predictions  (Read 1551 times)

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Night of Champions Predictions
« on: September 19, 2015, 06:45:03 AM »
So here's the matches that are to be featured at NoC (or on the PreShow) tomorrow:

Neville and The Lucha Dragons vs. The Cosmic Wasteland
Seth Rollins vs. Sting
Seth Rollins vs. John Cena
Ryback vs. Kevin Owens
Nikki Bella vs. Charlotte
Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Mystery Partner vs. The Wyatt Family
Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev
The New Day vs. The Dudley Boyz

I thought it might be fun to share my predictions and others can share their's.

Neville and The Lucha Dragons beat The Cosmic Wasteland:
 It's the pre-show, the faces win to get the crowd excited for the rest of the show.

Rusev beats Dolph Ziggler
 And hopefully it's the end of this dumb feud, or else we all lose.

The New Day beat The Dudley Boyz
 Either through DQ (because the Dudleyz put someone through a table), or shenanigans. Dudleyz -will- pick up the belts again, just not tomorrow.

The Wyatt Family beat Roman, Dean, and The Mystery Wrestler
 Braun will continue to be built as a strong threat, so the Wyatts are going over unless that mystery partner is someone who needs a strong debut (but I worry it'll just be Randy or Cesaro).

Charlotte beats Nikki Bella
 Because now she really deserves it after the screwjob, and Nikki has been proven not to be able to hold her own.

Kevin Owens beats Ryback
 This one is probably wrong, but I can hope!

Seth Rollins beats John Cena
 He gets to win this one, because...

Sting beats Seth Rollins
 His number is up for the big title. Maybe Sheamus cashes in on Sting, maybe not. But Sting gets a W, Seth possibly gets in a feud with HHH over it, everybody wins.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-32
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
Re: Night of Champions Predictions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 07:42:26 AM »
Neville and The Lucha Dragons Defeat The Cosmic Wasteland
- Like you said, Pre-show

Kevin Owens Defeats Ryback
- Its about that time Kevin Owens starts dominating a feud and gets the win and actually GETS a belt for it. Fight Owens Fight!

Dolph Ziggler Defeats Rusev
- Distraction caused by Summer Rae. Bad News: This feud is not ending anytime soon

The New Day Defeat The Dudley Boyz
- Another distraction and get the win but the crowd will get put over because someone will go through a table and The Dudleyz will be the ones celebrating. Most entertaining match of the night

Charlotte Defeats Nikki Bella
- I called this one from the beginning, Nikki would get the DQ win so she would keep the record but Charlotte will still get the belt in the end. She deserves it

The Wyatt Family defeat Ambrose, Reigns and their mystery parter
- Ambrose and Reigns got the win at Summerslam, just time to trade off and Braun needs to be put over some more.
BOLD PREDICTION: The mystery partner will be the next NXT moving up. My top guess is Baron Corbin, but it could be Finn Balor

John Cena Defeats Seth Rollins
- John Cena with the belt keeps him at the top, gives credibility to the US belt again and i believe this is the night they move Rollins down a few notches, The John Cena open challenge's were great segments and led to great matches

Sting Defeats Seth Rollins
- Seth is tired, the match will be terrible as Sting can't wrestle anymore. Seth will be upset and start walking up the ramp as Sting holds the belt high...for a few seconds

FELLA!!!!

Sheamus's music hits as The authority looks on from the Ramp and Seth's face is stunned. Sheamus runs into the ring and hands in the Case. Sting and Sheamus brawl a few and Sting gets an upper hand with corner shots, goes for the splash and hits turnbuckle. Que Brogue Kick and we have a new Champion lead the Authority

HHH stands with his hands on Seths shoulder smiling

Quote of the day: "Always have a plan B"

Raw will go forward with Seth thinking he's gonna get the belt back somehow and the Authority officially turn on him
2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion!

2018 Supershow World Champion!

2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 08:08:19 AM »
Neville and The Lucha Dragons vs. The Cosmic Wasteland
Don't have much to say about this one because I think the only thing that will come out of this is maybe the tag team from the winning team gets a little momentum and possible shot at titles. Neville continues to stay in these mid-card feuds, but think he should be considered for either US or IC champ match. Stardust seems to be in limbo since Goldusts injury...not sure if this will help him get out of it or not.

Seth Rollins vs. Sting
I think they give Sting this as a small reward for jobbing to HHH at Wrestlemania, but as every one seems to be predicting, Sheamus will cash in...what a way to put him over even more as a top heel by having him cash in on one of the top faces. Not gonna lie, love how Sheamus has embraced this heel role and I think he is doing just about as good as Rollins and Owens as a heel. The other element that favors him cashing in, he's on a big losing streak right now, and most MIB winners go on losing streaks before cashing in. The only thing that makes me doubt the cash in, is the timing of the match...this isn't the main event...nor the co-main event, which seems weird for a World Championship match.

Seth Rollins vs. John Cena
WWE doesn't want to bury Rollins too much, and they let him keep his belt. Rollins moves on after his 2 matches to feud with HHH.

Ryback vs. Kevin Owens
I feel like the WWE has done a horrible job with KO since bringing him up so fast. After a fantastic feud with John Cena, they killed his momentum for a while...and now he gets it back.

Nikki Bella vs. Charlotte
WWE took AJ Lee out of the record books, so with that finally accomplished, they'll let Charlotte win. She deserves it, and it'll be great to see her with her dad in the ring as the actual champ this time.

Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Mystery Partner vs. The Wyatt Family
I've read a lot of the rumors out there including Corbin, Rowan (highly doubt since he's still hurt from what I understand), Balor, Samoa Joe, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, and even the Rock. Really don't know, but I see it as either a chance to bring up an NXT star or use someone like the Rock to help put Reigns over. I'm hoping they don't use this as yet another attempt to put Reigns over...but maybe have him turn on Ambrose??? IDK, kind of out there, but I could see it. But no matter who the Mystery Partner is, I see the Wyatt Family winning.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev
WWE will bury Ziggler again for what ever reason, this feud will finally end and Lana will return to Rusev when she comes back...note to WWE: Please, for the love of God, stop with these stupid "romance" storylines...PLEASE!!!

The New Day vs. The Dudley Boyz
Is it just me, or is the New Day one of the hottest things in the WWE? I hated it once they started it, but I feel like WWE wanted them to be face, but have embraced the heel role and have taken off since. I've come around and actually enjoy it. In the end, we will hear Woods playing Taps with The New Day winning.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:12:16 AM by niiiiick »

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 05:55:33 PM »
http://www.ccd.nyc/2015/09/the-ccd-podcast-episode-68-wwe-night-of.html?m=1

I had the privileged of joining the cast of CCD.NYC for my predictions on Night of Champions, I also over shot Kevin Owens Weight and called him one of the best of all time, which enraged the Internet.

This episode is very funny at time with the comedian Chris Guardino of Breaking Kayfabe Radio on board.
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

The SRG B-O double S, your 2 minute man, always rollin, never trollin, straight out of GrandMachines basement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-going-over-srg-universe

”Going Over” is live 2/23/20

Offline ironteeth

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 07:01:46 PM »
The Cosmic Wasteland v. Neville, Lucha Dragons (The Red Dragons)
Neville beat Stardust at Summerslam, so i would go for the Heel going over this time

Sting v. Seth Rollins
Seth would get screwed over here, or the Raw after, setting up a Feud with HHH, and finally brings us to the last feud of the Authority angle. Possible cash-in even though personally i don't like Sheamus as Champ

John Cena v. Seth Rollins
i doubt Cena is gonna lose two PPVs in a row, so, sadly Rollins to drop both belt

Ryback v. Owens
I think this will end in DQ, but hopefully not by having Miz or Big Show involved

Wyatt Family v. Shield + ?
Braun looks too dominating to lose his first pay-per-view. He probably gets the win by pinfall or submission
My guess for mystery partner is Cesaro, at least that gives him something to do

Ziggler v. Rusev
A double turn here is likely, with Summer helping Dolph with the win, which sadly means this storyline is far from over

Nikki Bella v. Charlotte
A Paige heel turn here, to set-up a team PCB feud

New Day v. Dudleyz
Fun match, and this i gotta agree with every one on here. New Day is too over with the crowd right now
Join the <R>evolution!

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 04:45:45 AM »
I predict a mirror-image of Wrestlemania for the main event: Both guys are "down and out", here comes Sheamus, cashes in which makes it a triple-threat, hits Seth with the kick, Sting grabs Sheamus and Death Drops him, pinning him and winning the title. Seth complains on Raw that he was never pinned and should still be champion.
I'm the wind, baby.

Online CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 06:21:59 AM »
I predict a mirror-image of Wrestlemania for the main event: Both guys are "down and out", here comes Sheamus, cashes in which makes it a triple-threat, hits Seth with the kick, Sting grabs Sheamus and Death Drops him, pinning him and winning the title. Seth complains on Raw that he was never pinned and should still be champion.

This is the best "save face" situation for all involved...well except Sheamus....well.... screw Sheamus!!! Sting gets his reign and completes his resume, Rollins gets a rematch and gets more mad at the Authority and moves things back along after the next PP
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!