Author Topic: NFL Week Two!  (Read 1226 times)

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
NFL Week Two!
« on: September 18, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »
It's amazing how fast this time of year flies by (I swear its the world taunting me that my birthday comes in December :p ).....though I bet last night felt like a million years passed to Chiefs fans....boy that was rough, you had it all in the palm of your hand, but couldn't keep your hands on the ball (5 turnovers including that brutal Charles fumble, I don't blame the Chiefs for getting JC the ball, you get your best guy a chance with the ball in the best way you can to make a play....but maybe some kind of pass into space would have been wiser, Andy Reid has never been a great adjustment coach, but least he knows how to use his talent better than that fool Kubiak does (to me a bad coach makes his players try to fit his system instead of making his system fit his players).....Denver might be the luckiest 2-0 team in the league come Monday Night....but time to take a look at the weekend ahead! (Yes I hate Thursday Night games and my picks tend to suck in those games, I'm already 0-2 in them actually) the games of the week to look forward to!

New England at Buffalo:
Winner here gets a big head start on the rest of the AFC East (2-0 and an in-division win), both teams looked pretty impressive last week, but I'm thinking Buffalo's success was more all about the match-up with Indy and beating up on a softer team and making the Colts play their game....the Patriots will have no issues in matching that, especially with Blount returning to the line-up, the one thing I'd be concerned with for the Patriots is DeAngelo Williams ran WILD on them last week and that goes right into the Bills bread, butter (and any other frakking snack Rex feels like feeding them today), but it's still hard to go against Tom Brady when the other guy is still starting game 2 and has never seen a Belichek defense like he will SUnday

Tennessee at Cleveland:
Once a week we look for a train wreck....and oh boy does THIS have the makings of it....yes the Titans rolled last week, but are they really good enough to do it two weeks in a row? Oh wait, it's the Johnny Backup-lead Browns with no running game and probably Dwayne Bowe moping about his sore hammie....so yeah, the Titans will be 2-0 and probably score a thousand points....but I'm still hoping for a train wreck!

St. Louis at Washington:
This has all the makings of a CLASSIC letdown game for the Rams...big win at home over division rival, crazy ending....and awful team on the road playing against them....but if the Rams want to talk playoffs, then they better win this kinda game too....not to mention their front four has a MASSIVE edge over the mess that the Redskins call an offensive line, and just not a good team all around....I always fall into the trap of these letdown games....but hell I can't pick the Redskins here....I just can't......

Dallas at Phily:
Most of the time in the NFL it's now who you play, but WHEN you play them.....given the Eagles didn't look all world against the Falcons (in fact Julio gave them fits all night last Monday) but the Cowboys being out Dez Bryant totally changes how their offense is going to run for the next 4-6 weeks, Beasley is a nice slot receiver and Witten is a good possesion TE, Williams is nice deep threat, but none of these guys or the alleged "next man up" (I hate that term, if the next guy up was that good he wouldn't be the damn next guy), but Phily is just too healthy and at home....and Dallas is running "offense by committee" which could get ugly in trading points with the Warp Speed Offense.....

Seattle at Green Bay:
I know it's early in the year but this is kinda a MUST game for the Seahwaks....the Kam Chancellor chatter is getting louder, people are questioning (again) the game ending play by the Hawks, and the defense is looking a big more mortal....and now they have to go to Lambeau to play a team that owes them a thrashing or two from the last few seasons, Seattle should be able to ground and pound and dumb the game down, but I just don't like them on the road and against this Packer team that honestly owes Seattle one.....

Jets at Colts:
I'm curious to see how the Colts bounce back after getting beaten around by the Bills last week and playing a similar type team in the Jets, the Jets may have a bit of a better offense too, but I think last week's wakeup call serves them well and we get the A game from the Colts and both teams end up as 1-1......
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline niiiiick

• +12/-7
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Week Two!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 02:43:45 PM »
Can't wait to see Mariotas follow up performance. Every one says once other teams adjust against him, he'll suck but I don't believe that. He is intelligent plus goes against one of the best defensive minds in the history of football everyday in practice. He'll be just fine.

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 02:46:29 PM »
Can't wait to see Mariotas follow up performance. Every one says once other teams adjust against him, he'll suck but I don't believe that. He is intelligent plus goes against one of the best defensive minds in the history of football everyday in practice. He'll be just fine.

Playing Cleveland this week helps too :D
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline niiiiick

• +12/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »

Playing Cleveland this week helps too :D

Lol, right? Especially with Manziel, the defense will probably look better than it is again