Author Topic: TCO's SECOND annual Lackey Open Invitational!  (Read 17707 times)

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
Re: TCO's SECOND annual Lackey Open Invitational!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 08:28:39 PM »
FOLKS this makes SIX WORLD CHAMPIONS in one single tournament! Something that hasn't been done in a long long time, if not ever!

This is turning out to be one hell of an event!

2 more days folks!
**2013 & 2016 RAW DEAL WORLD CHAMPION**

1/2 2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

09' Dark Tower Revo 4 Qualifier Champion!

4 TIME Dark Tower Champion!

7 TIME Allentown PA Champion!

2 TIME Legendary Realms Supershow Champion!

3 TIME T.C.O L.O.I Champion!

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 07:59:48 AM »
Decks still currently in Pending

Both of our fellow Chilleans

Our Friendly new Raw Deal World Champion. Love the suspense brother

And Imc2oo2

24 hours left my friends

ITS NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP FOR THIS AMAZING TOURNAMENT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

Offline imc2oo2

• +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 09:00:22 AM »
Right, I'm going to go with Piper.

be warned, I have (as of now) not read through a single virtual card, so I have quite a task on my hands.

Going through some stuff on Lackey now to try and catch up.

I have a few questions though, and believe me I have trawled through all of the different forum sections and old pages looking for answers but can't seem to find any. Can someone clarify what the CURRENT rules are (which would apply for this tournament) regarding number of pre match, mid match, how many can be played, etc.

Also curious as to how Pre Match Corners and Storylines work in terms of when they are played in the pre match. I know CI introduced them but haven't played since GAB.

Finally, I see all sorts of traits like 'Classic WWF Logo', 'WCW' etc. What is the packing restriction on these/how do they work? Do they mean anything at all? Same goes for NWO.

Thanks!

Offline imc2oo2

• +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 09:01:58 AM »
'Allegiances' also ;)

Offline felixvtchile

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 09:02:46 AM »
i want to play too, please count me

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 09:22:28 AM »
Gotcha down Felix, the Chilean Trio has returned!

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 09:23:30 AM »
imc2002- If you like I am on lackey now, if you jump online and join my room i can try to show you some stuff and answer any questions

Offline imc2oo2

• +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 10:04:48 AM »
Sorry mate, eventually got disconnected. I will try and rejoin later on tonight, but thanks for your help so far!

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
Right, I'm going to go with Piper.

be warned, I have (as of now) not read through a single virtual card, so I have quite a task on my hands.

Going through some stuff on Lackey now to try and catch up.

I have a few questions though, and believe me I have trawled through all of the different forum sections and old pages looking for answers but can't seem to find any. Can someone clarify what the CURRENT rules are (which would apply for this tournament) regarding number of pre match, mid match, how many can be played, etc.

Also curious as to how Pre Match Corners and Storylines work in terms of when they are played in the pre match. I know CI introduced them but haven't played since GAB.

Finally, I see all sorts of traits like 'Classic WWF Logo', 'WCW' etc. What is the packing restriction on these/how do they work? Do they mean anything at all? Same goes for NWO.

Thanks!

Not sure if John P answered these for you, but here goes my crack on this:

1) In this tournament, you may pack up to 12 Pre-Match cards and 12 Mid-Match cards and you have 6 "slots" in your Ring to play Pre-Match cards (this is referred to on cards as Capacity) and 6 slots to play Mid-Match cards.  Anything that says "Your Pre-Match Capacity is +X" adds X number of Pre-Match slots to your total.  Anything that says "This card does not take up a Pre-Match slot in your Ring" does not take any slots at all, and can be dropped regardless of your capacity.

2) The Pre-Match phase goes like this:

Part 0 - Backstage reveal - everyone reveals simultaneously their Superstar card and the backstage cards they've chosen to reveal.  If any of the backstage cards have actions that say "Do this" like Piper's Backstage ("Search your Arsenal for 6 cards, and put them under this card") happen now.  A good classic example is Vince's Remember who Pays Your Salary, which allows him to search for Don't Cross The Boss upon reveal of the card.  
Part 1 - Allegiance - each player may play one Pre-Match Allegiance card or pass, in Superstar Value order.  After each player plays or passes once, you move to:
Part 2 - Venue - each player may play one Pre-Match Venue or pass, in Superstar Value order.  
Part 3 - Feud - Same as Venue with Pre-Match Feuds
Part 4 - Stipulation - Same as Venue phase with Pre-Match Stipulations
Part 5 - Manager - Same as Venue phase with Pre-Match Managers
Part 6 - Everything else - During this phase, you and your opponent alternate playing 1 Pre-Match card that is not an Allegiance, Venue, Feud, Stip, or Manager, or you may pass, in Superstar Value order.  This is where you'd play Events, PPV Events, Corners, Storylines, Objects, or anything else that isn't listed above this step.  The only game-rule to note here is that when you have a Pre-Match PPV Event in your Ring, you cannot play another one.  You continue like this until both players use up their slots, both players run out of Pre-Match cards to play, or both players pass.

That's Pre in a nutshell.  

If there's a conflict between the rules above and a card, then general rule is that the card wins.  

3) WCW, nWo, NXT, Classic WWF Logo and ECW, when they appear on anything but a Superstar card, are all traits of a card.  They only have game function when something refers to them, like, for example:

I Know Who Pays My Salary!
Pre-match Allegiance: WWE
When packing this card, you cannot pack nWo, ECW, or WCW cards.
When your opponent is an nWo, WCW or ECW Superstar, your Starting Hand Size and Superstar Value are +2.
ACE: When he is not Vince McMahon, once during each of your turns you may discard 2 cards and then you are considered to have lower Fortitiude when you play your next non-Antic card this turn.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo

So when you have this card in your Backlash deck, you cannot have any cards with the nWo, WCW, or ECW trait anywhere in your Arsenal or Backlash deck.  Yes, that would include your Superstar specifics, so since Roddy Piper has 5 WCW cards, this is a bad card for him to put in his deck.

When they appear on a Superstar card, it's also a trait, but it's referred to differently.  You're referred to as a "WCW Superstar" if you have the WCW logo on your Superstar card.  So, let's take this as an example:
LANCE STORM
Starting Hand Size: 8     Superstar Value: 2
WCW/ECW Superstar Ability: When you have lower Fortitude, your non-Unique cards are -# Fortitude, where # is equal to half your opponent's Fortitude (rounded down).
Your Lance Storm-specific cards are also ECW and WCW cards, your The Darkness Before The Dawn is Unique, and your cards with 'Dawn' in the title are not Smackdown.

Lance Storm has both the WCW and ECW trait (and yes, you can have more than one trait).  So he would be called a WCW Superstar as well as an ECW Superstar.  So anything that refers to a WCW Superstar, like:

Halloween Havoc
Pre-match Pay-Per-View Event
Can only be played by a WCW Superstar.
This card does not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
Your opponent draws 3 cards, and then you put the top card of your Arsenal face-down as a non-Unique D: 3 Strike played from hand, and he may attempt to reverse it as if it was your turn; if he does not, put the card under this card.  He discards 2 cards.
When there is a card under this card and you have no Pre-match cards of D:1+ in your Ring, your Fortitude Rating is +3F.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo     WCW logo

Since Lance Storm is a WCW Superstar, he can play this card during his Pre-Match events phase.

NOW, with all that said, let's put it together in a Piper-centric example and hopefully it becomes a little clearer.

You start the game against, say, The Iron Sheik.  He's a 4 Superstar Value, you're a 5 SSV, so you lead the Pre-match Phase.  During the Backstage reveal phase, you follow your backstage card and search for 6 cards, put them under the Backstage card, and shuffle your Arsenal.

In the Allegiance Phase, you play nWo T-Shirt (TB).  nWo T-Shirt says that your nWo Pre-Match cards don't take a Pre-Match slot in your ring.  Since the card itself has the nWo trait on it, that means it doesn't take a Pre-Match slot in your Ring.  You still have 6 Pre-Match "slots" left to use in your Ring.

In the Venue phase, we have our first exception.  Roddy Piper's Backstage card allows you to play a Pre-Match Manager in the Venue phase.  So instead of playing a Venue, you'll play Managed by Eric Bischoff (TB).  It takes a slot in your Ring, so you now have 5 left.  It also reduces your opponent's starting hand by 1 and increases your hand by 2 (since you have that nWo trait card in your Ring).

In the Feud phase, you play Back to Basics.  That card happens now, so you take the maneuvers out of your deck.  And the card takes a slot in your Ring, so you're down to 4 slots.

In the Stipulation Phase, you play Old School Wrestling Match (TB).  This takes a slot in your ring, so you're down to 3 - BUT, the text of Old School Wrestling Match TB kicks in, and it adds 3 to your Capacity (aka number of slots available).  This takes you back up to 6.

In the Manager phase, you play Old School Manager, which says that the maximum number of Pre-Match in your Ring is increased by 1.  This is the same as "Your Pre-Match Capacity is +1".  So you still have a total capacity of 6 Pre-Match cards.

Now we come to the events phase.  You have played 5 of the 12 Pre-Match you pack, so you have 7 left.  You can play everything in this phase in the order you want to, and you go first.  So you play the Throwback Piper's Pit first (which you can play in a Back to Basics setting because of its text), which is a Pre-Match Event.  You now have 5 slots left.

After The Sheik gets an event (IRAN #1!), you play Getting Some Old School Payback, which is a Pre-Match Storyline.  4 Slots left.

Sheik plays an event (Vince McMahon, GRA TB).  You play World Wrestling Federation World Heavyweight Title TB, (which you can play in a Back to Basics setting because of its text), a Pre-Match Object.  You have 3 slots left.

And it continues in this way.  For your last 3 slots, you'll play Old School Raw, Bagpipe Introductions, and pass instead of playing one more.  Sheik plays some Pre as well (he'll likely have about 10 to play too), and all the while when he plays a Pre, you tell him to "pass".  Once he's done playing Pre Match cards, he'll also Pass.  Once both you and he pass consecutively, you're done with the playing of Pre-Match cards - draw your hands and resolve as necessary.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have here if you'd prefer, but hopefully this helps.
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »
Sorry Brian, I can't vote YES! enough on this amazing post because "I can't repeat a karma action without waiting 2 hours."
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 01:40:12 PM »
How does survivor series work in a lackey format? Can you declare you have the survivor series version of a card?
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

A spectacle so grand, it can only be called The Supershow.

Welcome to the LFF.
Join Us! Support Us! Pledge Now #letsroll
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/a-spectacle-so-grand-it-can-only-be-called-the-sup

Offline DebuRaito

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »
How does survivor series work in a lackey format? Can you declare you have the survivor series version of a card?

Latching on to this qns, how would a printed foil card for million dollar belt works?
How would a printed text of a card works against The Raw Deal Revolution if there are cards printed in different editions with different amount of text? (E.g. Spit at Opponent)

Offline KD8ESU

• +16/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 02:15:46 PM »
We most often assume the most recent print run.
Example:  if I use That Won't Make The Cut, I couldn't discard Manager Interferes since the most recent print run of it was in SS3.

That usually help Raw Deal Revolution since SS3 runs normally had more text.

The only exception is Million Dollar Title Belt: as long as a foil version was made, we allow it.

We're very lax on Lackey, it's normally not serious business on there.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »

This one of those things you have to fudge online.  Since there's no way to pack SS versions of things in Lackey, we just assume/announce before the game starts that all applicable cards (or those certain cards only) are SS for applicable items.

Latching on to this qns, how would a printed foil card for million dollar belt works?
How would a printed text of a card works against The Raw Deal Revolution if there are cards printed in different editions with different amount of text? (E.g. Spit at Opponent)

Foil cards are foil cards.  This one doesn't change. If it's not FOIL in real life, it doesn't work.  None of the Virtual cards are foil.

As for cards with differing amounts of text, we always go back to the MRP (Most Recent Printing) rule that we always have with Raw Deal.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline DebuRaito

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2015, 10:46:41 PM »
But for raw deal revolution:

The Raw Deal Revolution
-The card checks for four lines of printed card text only; text ‘added’ by other cards does not apply, nor does Most Recent Printing, errata, etc. Only thephysical lines of text on the card are relevant.
-Playing a hybrid card will not alter Revolution’s ability to reverse, as it checks for the printed lines of text.
-Flavor text, traits, card titles, and card type descriptions do not count towards the total number of lines, only the card text box is counted.

It's a little bit of a drawback if we are using mrp...

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +310/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2015, 01:14:47 AM »
All cards on Lackey are assumed to be MRP. It's part of the online environment.

#DealWithIt
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline DebuRaito

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2015, 01:31:21 AM »
All cards on Lackey are assumed to be MRP. It's part of the online environment.

#DealWithIt

Ok. I'm cool. Haha!

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2015, 07:51:46 AM »

Offline MediumSexy

• +102/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2015, 08:21:12 AM »
I'll be building my deck tonight. lol
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming early 2018!)

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2015, 08:42:55 AM »
The creator of this event needs to look up the word annual.  :P
#NATEHATESME

Welcome to the LFF.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/a-spectacle-so-grand-it-can-only-be-called-the-sup

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2015, 08:50:49 AM »
I hate you steve i hope i get you round 1!

Less then 10 MINUTES remaining before sign ups are CLOSED

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2015, 09:08:16 AM »

First round match ups being calculated now and should be up in a little while

In the mean time lets get everyones superstars revealed!

Offline niiiiick

• +13/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2015, 09:26:20 AM »
Are we submitting decks lists? I may to someone no matter what just to make sure it's legal since I'm still relearning lol

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2015, 09:38:15 AM »
Deck lists aren't required but we are following the honor stystem. Like a normal tournament do not change your deck before ur games

Nick you can send it to me if you like

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »
I would love to put you in the losers bracket.
#NATEHATESME

Welcome to the LFF.