Author Topic: Chaos and Pandemonium at Ringside  (Read 801 times)

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Chaos and Pandemonium at Ringside
« on: July 21, 2015, 04:28:25 PM »
As I think I was playing this somewhat wrong last year, I want to put this out there now:

Chaos and Pandemonium at Ringside!
Maneuver: Special
When you are a WCW Superstar, this card is Multi.
When played, choose up to 5 cards in your hand, shuffle them into your Arsenal and draw the same number of cards +1.  Your opponent shuffles # random cards from his hand into his Arsenal and draws up to # cards, where # is the number you chose; for each card he draws, this card is +1D and when successfully played, he removes 1 random card in his Ringside from the game.
F: 13     D: 4     SV: 2     Unique     WCW logo

When played, I get to shuffle up to 5 cards in my hand into my deck then draw the same +1. Does the rest of the text only happens when it is successful?
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos and Pandemonium at Ringside
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 05:01:14 PM »
I play it as everything except the remove from discard pile goes into effect before your opponent can play a reversal. Figured this was a card that messes with your opponent and the reversal they can or can't play. But being new to virtual, I* may be reading it wrong
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:13:17 PM by niiiiick »

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos and Pandemonium at Ringside
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 05:36:59 PM »
niiiiiiick is playing it correctly. The shuffle and draw is part and parcel of the damage boost, so it must happen when the card is attempted.

The only thing that happens when the card is successful is the random removal from Ringside.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.