Author Topic: Tradeopolza  (Read 3174 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Tradeopolza
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:52:34 PM »
In just minutes the NFL has been reshaped.
Jimmy Graham to the Seahawks for Max Unger.
Bradford to the Oregon Eagles for Nick Foles.
Haloti to the Lions.

With Revis & Browner possibly leaving town. I'd expect Patriots to make a move for Cromartie.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline halo_t

• +14/-16
    • View Profile
Re: Tradeopolza
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 03:19:44 PM »
Add to that the McCoy to Bills and it just is crazy. I dont know what's going on in Philly. Certainly has been an interesting and entertaining afternoon.

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 03:26:07 PM »
I felt bad for Shefty. Poor man couldn't keep up on NFL Insiders. He'd finish a sentence only to jump to next blockbuster trade.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline halo_t

• +14/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »
Im still convinced that man made a crossroads deal to know all NFL news before anyone else. It would be almost impossible to have that many scoops without Crowley's help.

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 05:58:09 PM »
Damn it Revis to the Jets :/

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 11:15:17 AM »
This has been a crazy FA period, with all kinds of movement.  Bless GM Chip Kelly for keeping it interesting.

The AFC East is going to be a lot like the AFC North was last year.  Slugfest.  Any one of those teams could make the playoffs if the world breaks right for them, and they'll all have inflated records due to playing against perennial sad sacks Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Washington.
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 11:53:49 AM »
 Chip Kelly has lost his stark raving mind :o

Basically he's dealt off McCoy, Foles, Maclin and Cole (and I guess D-Jax last year counts in his purge)

And brought in Alonso, Bradford (though I expect him to go to Tennessee in some trade for Mariota), and now Ryan Matthews......least most college guys just come in and flame out....he's gonna go out in atomic bomb!!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Online BigPimpin

• +275/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »
You have to also include Byron Maxwell and Walter Thurmond (Oregon alum!) in that mix, too, jetitisoning Cary Williams in the process.

He's significantly improved the defense (assuming Alonso is the same player he was in 2013), but at best the offense has gone sideways and at worst backwards. 
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 12:16:59 PM »
Colts landing Andre & Gore imo would make them an easy #1 AFC team.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 12:30:25 PM »
You have to also include Byron Maxwell and Walter Thurmond (Oregon alum!) in that mix, too, jetitisoning Cary Williams in the process.

He's significantly improved the defense (assuming Alonso is the same player he was in 2013), but at best the offense has gone sideways and at worst backwards.

The big thing Chip made clear this offseason is that he believes in sports science with all his heart. If he's right, and he's better equipped to keep players healthy than the rest of the league, we're going to be a shockingly good team. If he's wrong, and injury prone players continue to be injury prone, we're going to be a shockingly bad team.

He did have a surprisingly candid interview today (nearly 15 years of Andy Reid/Joe Banner, plus the loquacious stylings of Paul Holmgren and Sam Hinkie, leaves me thinking a jaunty hello in passing to a reporter is shockingly candid, but that's neither here nor there): http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Chip-power-shift-was-Luries-idea.html

Big news here is Chip seemingly squashing the thought of trading Bradford and moving up for Mariota.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 06:14:57 AM »
Murray is heading to Philly with intent to sign. Also Patriots have emerged as a serious contender to get Adrian Peterson.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 07:42:10 AM »
Murray is heading to Philly with intent to sign. Also Patriots have emerged as a serious contender to get Adrian Peterson.

You mean "desperation to get his 'worth' " ......me thinks, Murray is a back known to be injury prone who got 500+ touches last year, there's a reason NO ONE is breaking the bank for him....as Cowboys fan I'd rather spend the money on Peterson knowing I will get 1-2 REALLY good years out of a proven guy who needs a change of scenery as opposed to the guy who will likely break down before the 4 years he wants to sign for will expire....and with few exceptions (Charles and AP come to mind)....running backs are VERY disposable in the NFL now
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 08:31:58 AM »
Running back is a devalued position now sadly. NFL is so pass heavy these days. Eagles do end up with Murray I'd fire Kelly immediately. McCoy is a better runner and pass catcher. Also Murray won't make 16 games with the Eagles. Their line is not even close to Dallas.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online BigPimpin

• +275/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »

You mean "desperation to get his 'worth' " ......me thinks, Murray is a back known to be injury prone who got 500+ touches last year, there's a reason NO ONE is breaking the bank for him....as Cowboys fan I'd rather spend the money on Peterson knowing I will get 1-2 REALLY good years out of a proven guy who needs a change of scenery as opposed to the guy who will likely break down before the 4 years he wants to sign for will expire....and with few exceptions (Charles and AP come to mind)....running backs are VERY disposable in the NFL now

Well I guess we'll find out how disposable Murray is now.  Philly better hope he's not disposable at 5 years / $42 million / $21 million guaranteed.

I don't think there's a defensible plan in which one dumps LeSean McCoy in West New York and replaces him with 2015 DeMarco Murray.  I could be proven wrong, but I'm betting Murray lasts 6 or 7 games this year thanks to his workload.

Offline dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 11:55:11 AM »
Well I guess we'll find out how disposable Murray is now.  Philly better hope he's not disposable at 5 years / $42 million / $21 million guaranteed.

I don't think there's a defensible plan in which one dumps LeSean McCoy in West New York and replaces him with 2015 DeMarco Murray.  I could be proven wrong, but I'm betting Murray lasts 6 or 7 games this year thanks to his workload.

Thing is, we're not dumping McCoy and replacing him with DeMarco Murray. We're replacing McCoy with Kiko Alonso and DeMarco Murray, which is a lot closer to a reasonable trade.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 12:13:02 PM »
There's still that LARGE hole at the Quarterback position. Also don't forget Jeremy Maclin is gone as well.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online BigPimpin

• +275/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 02:55:18 PM »

Thing is, we're not dumping McCoy and replacing him with DeMarco Murray. We're replacing McCoy with Kiko Alonso and DeMarco Murray, which is a lot closer to a reasonable trade.

You're right on that, though I'm waiting on the cap hits for the Murray deal to show up to do the true apples/oranges test.  Still, with 21 million guaranteed, I imagine that the deal is at least a real 2 year deal, if not a 3 year deal.  If this sports science thing doesn't work out for Chip Kelly and Murray breaks down after ridiculous workload last year, this contract has major albatross potential.  At least with Bradford, they can wash their hands of him after 2015 if he tears his ACL a 3rd time and/or just sucks.  With Alonso, even if he is a backup-level player now, he's getting paid backup-level rookie money, so risk-reward was in his favor.  (also of note: I defended the McCoy/Alonso swap for Philly, mostly because they dumped a high cap hit at a replacable position). 

I find the level of risk associated with that DeMarco contract unpalatable, even if the whole thing is frontloaded for 2 years.  Too much guaranteed money to an injury-prone back coming off a year of record usage.

And now Kelly's put Evan Mathis on the trade block.  I guess he's hoping for Logan Mankins-level trade there.

Offline rated SRH

• +26/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 03:46:14 PM »
Fantasy wise anyone else disappointed with some of the former studs, that landed in BAD situations. Looking at you Orange Julius.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline MediumSexy

• +102/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 10:39:12 AM »
Edit for clarification: The Eagles cut Tebow from the team just before the roster cut deadline, deciding to look elsewhere for a 3rd string quarterback. Looks like they chose Stephen Morris from the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Ok, since there's so much talk about Chip Kelly and the changes to the Eagles in this thread, I figured it'd be okay to revive it and post my thoughts on the recent 3rd QB spot here.

Pre-Season stats:
http://www.nfl.com/player/stephenmorris/2550376/profile
vs
http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/profile

Aside from Morris being much cheaper than Tebow, I assume.
I know Tebow took way more snaps in the Preseason than Stephen Morris did, so with me not being a fan of College Football, can anyone give me their thoughts on Stephen Morris, side from Morris most likely being much cheaper than Tebow?

(And yes, I know that he's a 3rd string quarterback and at this point it really doesn't matter, but if the offense can't protect Bradford it becomes more relevant.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:36:53 PM by MediumSexy »
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming early 2018!)

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile