Author Topic: Rock's Patented Footstomp  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Rock's Patented Footstomp
« on: March 01, 2015, 03:03:59 PM »
There are two types of Rock's Patented Footstomp. First type is a 5 fort 5 D Non-Unique Strike maneuver, and the second type is a 0 fort 5 D Unique Multi Strike maneuver. If I want to put this card into my The Rock deck, do I have to choose which type to add to my deck, or can I pack both types since they have different stat?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Rock's Patented Footstomp
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »
Not because they have different stats, but because one is Unique.  So you can pack 3 of the non-Unique original version OR 1 Unique Throwback version.  Just not both.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:12:30 PM »
Not because they have different stats, but because one is Unique.  So you can pack 3 of the non-Unique original version OR 1 Unique Throwback version.  Just not both.

CREED

Thanks for the clarification!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 03:01:24 PM »
In the case of Throwbacks in general, though, you can have up to 3 of any one card title. So you could pack 2 Kick and 1 Kick TB, but not 3 Kick and 3 Kick TB.

If the Throwback is Unique and the original isn't, or vice versa, you can pack either 1 of the Unique or up to 3 of the original, as Creed demonstrated.

If the Throwback is a Set-up and the original isn't, or vice versa, you can pack up to 3 of the non-Set-up and as many copies of the Set-up as you'd like. You can pack 3 original Japanese Arm Drags along with as many copies as you like of Japanese Arm Drag TB, which is a Set-up.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »
Thanks! I was thinking about asking whether I can pack the original and TB in my deck and whether I would count them as the same or different card, since TB cards have very different card text than the original. This clears up my confusion.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:33:58 PM by Rockaholic »

Offline The Hitman

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »
So I cannot pack 6 Kicks then, with 3 of the Multi version and 3 original? I see.

For the rules regarding mixing Classics and Revolution cards together, can I use, say, 3 of the Spears and 3 Revolution Spears in my Goldberg deck?

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 05:01:56 AM »
For the rules regarding mixing Classics and Revolution cards together, can I use, say, 3 of the Spears and 3 Revolution Spears in my Goldberg deck?

Yes. 

For Revolution cards, Revolution is always the first word in the title.  So when you talk about Spear vs. Revolution Spear, it's like comparing Who Booked This Match? to Revolution Shock The World.  They're completely different cards.  You may pack 3 of each if you wish.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.