Author Topic: Ricochet timing breakdown  (Read 2830 times)

Online KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
Ricochet timing breakdown
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
So my brother saw the Ricochet set and used it the other day, and he brought up an interesting timing breakdown that I didn't know the answer to.

Let's assume the King plays a Flying Face Buster, does he draw BEFORE or AFTER he pulls the card from the discard pile?

Ricochet: 
After you Flip any number of craws, draw 1 card.

Flying Face Buster:
Flip 4 cards.  Then take 12 card from your discard pile and add it to your hand.[/b]
hXi

Offline Rip

• +9/-10
    • View Profile
Re: Ricochet timing breakdown
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »
From my reading and understanding you would do the card first, then his ability would kick in.

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 08:02:10 AM »
From my reading and understanding you would do the card first, then his ability would kick in.

RIP is correct, you actually have to FLIP the cards for the GIMMICK to trigger. Interestingly some players choose to pack the smaller flip cards with the Future of Flight to in the case of decking yourself quicker.
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

The SRG B-O double S, your 2 minute man, always rollin, never trollin, straight out of GrandMachines basement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-going-over-srg-universe

”Going Over” is live 2/23/20

Offline Xtreme

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »
I have another timing issue that came up tonight.
Ricochet didn't have any cards in his deck, still had several in his hand.
His opponent played Flying Body Press
Your opponent flips 1 card then you may bury 1 card in your opponents discard
Do you complete the entire card before the gimmick triggers, or does it trigger as soon as you flip.

In our case the card that got buried would be the only card to draw, and we had to decide if the gimmick triggered before it was buried or after it was there.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 11:15:34 PM »
Consistency with Flying Face Buster would tell us that you complete the flipping card's effect and then Ricochet's Gimmick triggers after the card is resolved. So after the opponent decides whether to bury or not, Ricochet draws.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 11:18:08 PM »
As a rule of thumb the gimmick always triggers last after all other effects resolve.
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

The SRG B-O double S, your 2 minute man, always rollin, never trollin, straight out of GrandMachines basement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-going-over-srg-universe

”Going Over” is live 2/23/20