Author Topic: That Awkward Moment When You Build Your Deck...  (Read 1093 times)

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
That Awkward Moment When You Build Your Deck...
« on: August 10, 2014, 12:56:28 PM »
So, even though I'm mostly going to miss Raw Deal events this coming week at Gencon, I still decided to sit down today to take my decks that I'd been working on and playtesting in Lackey, and build them physically so I'd have them to at least possibly play even if only in side games Thursday Night.

And everything's going well, I'm doing the (probably ill-advised) thing where you go 'wait, what? No, that card doesn't need to be in here, and I don't have any X!'

Then I hit my Revo deck, and I discover that one of the important Pre-Match cards for it... I don't even own. And I could've sworn I did! But it is nowhere to be found.

Please tell me I'm not the only person to have done this.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
Re: That Awkward Moment When You Build Your Deck...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »
All the time bro, all the time.

Hell, two of the three decks that got me Top 4 last year in Worlds were that same way.  Stupid Revo cards I couldn't find.
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 01:19:12 PM »
Never really been a problem... something about ensuring that I have a playset of all the cards. It's just the problem of locating the card within everything.

Online CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 01:22:12 PM »
This is the EXACT reason I have a borderline-OCD way or sorting and organizing my cards in the boxes so I know EXACTLY where it all is...I need a hold...it's there....chain card.....pre-match....its a painful effort (and I have to re-do it once a year as half the cards end up on the kitchen table....especially this year)....but its sooo worth the peace of mind of KNOWING its there when I'm making a deck :)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
Outside of my own building I had a couple of other people building out of my collection.

They promised to help sort the cards, and put stuff back in order.

I have several 2000 card boxes that has their deck remnants and stuff they pulled to build with sitting in there.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 02:18:26 PM »
This is the EXACT reason I have a borderline-OCD way or sorting and organizing my cards in the boxes so I know EXACTLY where it all is...I need a hold...it's there....chain card.....pre-match....its a painful effort (and I have to re-do it once a year as half the cards end up on the kitchen table....especially this year)....but its sooo worth the peace of mind of KNOWING its there when I'm making a deck :)

This.

I'll set aside decks to be taken apart, and when I do, everything gets filed back in place, sleeves go back in the drawer, etc.  Takes time, but it's worth it when it's time to build a deck.  :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 03:09:07 PM »
I just leave every deck built so I only have to sort when I update. I don't even want to know how much I've spent on sleeves and deck boxes. Virtual Raw Deal isn't so free for me :/
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"