Author Topic: Greetings new to the forum  (Read 850 times)

Offline gentlevader

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Greetings new to the forum
« on: August 10, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »
Hello all,

Been a huge wrestling fan all my life and played Raw Deal with my buddies when it first came out.  Kept a few cards since, mainly my Kurt Angle deck.

Well I just went home on a vacation and a buddy contacted me.  He ended up giving me a super large collection and I'm having a blast going through it.  I did come across some things I have never before.

1. A card that is blank on one side, and an original back.  It does have a black border but inside the border is white.

2. A card that is the same on both sides.  It's the back of the card, but just on both sides.  It's weird, lol.

Are these cards rare at all or are they pretty common?

In addition, I also found some foil versions of regular cards I have never seen before.  A couple Superkicks, a Roll out of the Ring, and an Elbow to the Face are what I have found so far.  I would love to foil out my Kurt Angle deck with these as they are pretty cool.

Thanks for looking and glad to be getting back into the game a bit.

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 07:47:55 PM »
they released 11 or 12 foil uncommons and rares in Survivor Series 1, and the entire Survivor Series 3 common/uncommon/rare set was released in foil, with one foil per pack.

and welcome
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline gentlevader

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »
they released 11 or 12 foil uncommons and rares in Survivor Series 1, and the entire Survivor Series 3 common/uncommon/rare set was released in foil, with one foil per pack.

and welcome

Perfect!  Thank you very much.

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 08:09:11 PM »
Through the life of the game, they often released other sets with non-superstar specific foil cards, like the holiday sets and things like that.  It's not too difficult to build a 100% foil deck now, but it's not going to win you anything at Gencon lol
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline gentlevader

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 03:06:29 AM »
Through the life of the game, they often released other sets with non-superstar specific foil cards, like the holiday sets and things like that.  It's not too difficult to build a 100% foil deck now, but it's not going to win you anything at Gencon lol

Just a collector.  Don't plan on ever playing again.