Author Topic: Raw Deal 2014 World Championship is 1 Week Away!  (Read 5830 times)

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
Raw Deal 2014 World Championship is 1 Week Away!
« on: August 07, 2014, 10:08:10 AM »
As we prepare for the World Championships, there are a couple of important announcements that bears repeating.

A.) Typed decklists are REQUIRED and MANDATORY for the World Championships.  There are reasons for this and there are no exceptions.  This is not a frugal exercise, ask the people who made the cut in 2013, there will be deck checks. Onesie-twosie changes made in pen the night before are acceptable. 

B.) I will be running a majority of the tournaments onsite, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.  If I look frayed, exasperated, and tired, it's because I will be.  Bringing prize support cross country and running tournaments for 3 days for no compensation will wear on anybody. Your patience is appreciated, as I will do my best to call everything right down the middle while blowing a whistle as loudly as I can.

C.) The Raw Deal World Championships is serious business, please treat it as such.  It is also a place where fellow Raw Deal Players from across the country/globe will be traveling to play Raw Deal.  Be respectful and be treat your fellow players how you would like to be treated.  I won't tolerate any berating or shenanigans of any kind.

D.) Above all, remember Raw Deal is also a game. Have fun!

Can't wait to see you all in one short week.

-Drew
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline kandyman

• 2006 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +4/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Deal 2014 World Championship is 1 Week Away!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »
Better be prepared. I know I am.

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:53:28 AM »
Oh crap worlds is next week..... "Runs to build deck".
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

A spectacle so GRAND, it can only be called The Supershow.
Super Set 4 the Knockdown is live on KS!
Join Us! Support Us!https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-the-knockdown-by-srg-universe

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »
I am simultaneously still cursing my inability to play in almost all the tourneys, and relieved I will not be embarrassing myself at Worlds. Can't wait to meet/see everyone, nonetheless :D
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline StraightEdge0722

• +10/-7
  • The Lucha Libre of the Raw Deal No Remorse Corps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 05:11:50 PM »
I know I can't wait for the weekend to start. It's going to be good times. I'm almost ready and hoping to meet some cool peeps.
No Regrets, No Respect, No Remorse -Raw Deal's No Remorse Corps.

Offline KD8ESU

• +18/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 07:18:48 PM »
As we prepare for the World Championships, there are a couple of important announcements that bears repeating.

A.) Typed decklists are REQUIRED and MANDATORY for the World Championships.  There are reasons for this and there are no exceptions.  This is not a frugal exercise, ask the people who made the cut in 2013, there will be deck checks. Onesie-twosie changes made in pen the night before are acceptable. 

B.) I will be running a majority of the tournaments onsite, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.  If I look frayed, exasperated, and tired, it's because I will be.  Bringing prize support cross country and running tournaments for 3 days for no compensation will wear on anybody. Your patience is appreciated, as I will do my best to call everything right down the middle while blowing a whistle as loudly as I can.

C.) The Raw Deal World Championships is serious business, please treat it as such.  It is also a place where fellow Raw Deal Players from across the country/globe will be traveling to play Raw Deal.  Be respectful and be treat your fellow players how you would like to be treated.  I won't tolerate any berating or shenanigans of any kind.

-Drew

I figure this would be the best place to ask, did you need me to bring my stuff up for a better live-stream of the Finals?  I am rubbing my hand on it as I type it so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to get it loaded up in my car (except the smell they'll have, blame the gym bag).
But, yea, I'm going to be there; not participating at Worlds (blame the lack of Revolution on my end), but I'll be at GenCon, expecially at the Thursday and Friday VC tournaments.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 10:26:53 PM »

-Drew

I figure this would be the best place to ask, did you need me to bring my stuff up for a better live-stream of the Finals?  I am rubbing my hand on it as I type it so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to get it loaded up in my car (except the smell they'll have, blame the gym bag).
But, yea, I'm going to be there; not participating at Worlds (blame the lack of Revolution on my end), but I'll be at GenCon, expecially at the Thursday and Friday VC tournaments.

How will the live stream be handled?  On Google Hangout again?  Or at least with something that allows a second feed to be involved...
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 10:44:30 PM »

1) if you want, I can probably lend you a revo deck (or someone else possibly even), if that's the only thing holding you back from worlds. It doesn't have to be great, you'll just have to lean on your all access and classic decks to make the cut.

2) if you're willing to film with your gear, yes please. The more professional we can make it look, the better. We can discuss logistics over Thursday and Friday.

Offline lotjx

• +3/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 05:16:03 AM »
Can we email you, our decklists? I know my first two decks re ok, I think. I made a Lita Revolution with the virtual Revolution cards, I want to see if I can use any of her cards.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 06:16:47 AM »
Can we email you, our decklists? I know my first two decks re ok, I think. I made a Lita Revolution with the virtual Revolution cards, I want to see if I can use any of her cards.

I won't be accepting emailed deck lists for Worlds due to that being a conflict of interest.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 09:21:52 AM »

I won't be accepting emailed deck lists for Worlds due to that being a conflict of interest.

Boo... lack of environmental friendliness.

Offline lotjx

• +3/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 11:17:33 AM »
Ok...I guess we will see if I am eligible or not when I get there Saturday.

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »
@lotjx

Message Budah privately and let him know that you'd like him to look over your deck in advance to see if it's legal.

What he and I both thought you were asking was if we could just email deck lists rather than printing them off.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 11:47:15 AM »
I will offer myself for legality deck checks as well, as someone who can't go to Gencon this year. 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline edgeone

• +2/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 01:40:38 PM »
I know this is probably answered somewhere..but how does one qualify for the worlds anymore?

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 01:55:02 PM »
Showing up with a ticket or 2 generics.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 01:57:45 PM »
I know this is probably answered somewhere..but how does one qualify for the worlds anymore?

One shows up with a Generic ticket on Saturday, since all the event tickets are sold out.
One brings 3 decks with them: Virtual Classic, Virtual All Axxess, Virtual Revolution.
One prepares to have a good time.

Expect 6 rounds, where you will play each deck twice. Best 4 records move onto the cut. (unless we get a redonkulous number of people and need a top 8 ). Players in the cut will play best two out of three games, with the higher ranked player choosing their preferred format first, their opponent choosing whichever format is played second, and the third format will be used if a third and deciding game is needed.

There is no time limit in the cut.

Offline edgeone

• +2/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 03:02:36 PM »
nice i cant make it this year but will keep that in mind for the future

Offline lotjx

• +3/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »
I will offer myself for legality deck checks as well, as someone who can't go to Gencon this year. 

Thanks.

Offline Shelan

• +3/-4
  • And That's the Bottom Line...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »
I wish I can come :) Maybe next year.
"Imagine speaking with your oldest, wisest, most optimal future self. What you're doing is tapping deep into your subconscious. Let your choices be guided by the person you hope to become." — Brianna Wiest

Discord: Shelan

Offline lotjx

• +3/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 04:42:46 AM »

One shows up with a Generic ticket on Saturday, since all the event tickets are sold out.
One brings 3 decks with them: Virtual Classic, Virtual All Axxess, Virtual Revolution.

Expect 6 rounds, where you will play each deck twice. Best 4 records move onto the cut. (unless we get a redonkulous number of people and need a top 8 ). Players in the cut will play best two out of three games, with the higher ranked player choosing their preferred format first, their opponent choosing whichever format is played second, and the third format will be used if a third and deciding game is needed.

What is the time limits for the rounds?

Offline Commissioner D2

• Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 05:17:24 AM »

What is the time limits for the rounds?

A VERY strict 45-minute time limit.
#NateHatesMeToo

Offline TheGreatWhiteDope

• +30/-24
  • Raw Deal Bullet Club
    • View Profile
    • World Wrestling Insanity
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 01:00:28 PM »

-Drew

How will the live stream be handled?  On Google Hangout again?  Or at least with something that allows a second feed to be involved...

Twitch.tv? I mean, the service works for these kinds of things as well, no?
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
If we're using something other than Google hangouts, we'll try and announce that before end of day Friday.

Otherwise if we're using Google hangouts on Saturday for the finals, just keep checking TCO, and like in previous years, we'll post the links so people can watch/join.

Just to head off a previous question about this - why aren't we live broadcasting the whole thing? - two reasons 1) lack of power where we're situated in the hall at Gencon. 2) Cost of acquiring internet to broadcast is phohibitive when combined with lack of power.

Offline Commissioner D2

• Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2014, 02:02:51 PM »
And even though we won't be broadcasting the entire event live, trust me, there will be plenty of goings on between TCO, Twitter, and whatnot.

I've heard there may even be a takeover by the Anonymous Raw (Deal) General Manager...
#NateHatesMeToo