Author Topic: One more GenCon Announcement  (Read 2114 times)

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
One more GenCon Announcement
« on: August 05, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »
Alas, there's one more thing to announce...

2014 PRIZE CARDS will make their debut at GenCon.

Prizes will include 4 new prize cards for Classic and the first ever Virtual Revolution prize cards.  In addition, there are advance copies with awesome alternate artwork (thanks, TimJR!) for The Shield and The Wyatt Family, along with a few of their support cards.

And finally, a promo card for Virtual 7: The NXT Generation will be available.

These cards will follow the usual 'legal when you get them', with one very major exception.

PRIZE CARDS ARE NOT LEGAL FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Sorry, but we don't want to put the non-playtesters at the distinct disadvantage of preparing without familiarity of the cards we've been testing for the last few months.  Seems only fair.

Details to follow... from those who post them from GenCon. :)  This should be the most fun since we surprised everyone with the DX Promo in 2006, heh.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline TheGreatWhiteDope

• +30/-24
  • Raw Deal Bullet Club
    • View Profile
    • World Wrestling Insanity
Re: One more GenCon Announcement
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »

Details to follow... from those who post them from GenCon. :)  This should be the most fun since we surprised everyone with the DX Promo in 2006, heh.

1) The Shield and Wyatts..WOOOOOOO!

2) I remember the DX give away. I think it was my first Gencon ever. I believe Brian and Jon (tripleh1mpt) were at the booth. We were talking about something and I think Jon and I got on the subject of TCO and then some indy wrestling. He said "if you can tell me who I am you get this promo." and I said "Uhhhhhhhh....Creed?" then guessed Antigoth. Brian gave me a look of "what the hell" that I could possibly ever assume that Jon was him.

First time meeting the TCO crew. Was a good time.

/storytime
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

Offline majinsuperdustin

• +2/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
You have officially forced me to make an all access deck and revo deck for worlds. You said Wyatts and Shield and I said yes!
HBKHalfBlackKid

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »
Just wait until we reveal what some more of the prizes are!  Big things happening this year.
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline StraightEdge0722

• +10/-7
  • The Lucha Libre of the Raw Deal No Remorse Corps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »
I'm already psyched for this adding more surprises makes it that much better
No Regrets, No Respect, No Remorse -Raw Deal's No Remorse Corps.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 09:27:47 AM »
Because I can't not hype this more...

A BIG THANK YOU to Tony Vela AKA Velacards for his efforts in getting me the aforementioned 2014 prize support. A big portion of this year's World Championship (and the last several World Championships) have been prize supported MAINLY by Tony. I'm sure he would hate it if his PM box was flooded with either Raw Deal Card ORDERS or THANKS.  So please do so, I'm sure he would hate to hear how much you want to thank him AND/OR purchase from his Raw Deal store.

Having said that, I have a generous amount of the prize support flying in with me to Indy on Thursday afternoon for this year's Worlds.  Stay tuned for announcements on more prize support, news,  pictures of the tournament winners, and more as we play down to our 2014 Raw Deal World Champion in less than 1 week...

I'm getting hyped!
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 11:00:19 AM »
Heck, at this point I Don't Get Hyped, I Stay Hyped!*

* - Mojo Rawley absolutely not confirmed for V7.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends