Author Topic: Throttled Within an Inch of Your Life  (Read 1355 times)

Offline xtremesfaction

• +0/-8
    • View Profile
Throttled Within an Inch of Your Life
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »
#178/643 Throttled Within an Inch of Your Life (IAATG) (RUMBLE PACK FOIL - Deadman Inc, The Undertaker, and Brothers of Destruction Logos)
Strike + Grapple
Cannot be reversed from your opponent's hand.
When successfully played, he overturns cards until 2 applicable Reversal cards are revealed or until he has only 1 card in his Arsenal.
¶ (Restricted Modification Symbol)
Unique
Multi
F: 0    D: 0

40/TK (F) Divine Intervention
Reversal: Special
When overturned, completely reverse any card (even if it cannot be reversed) or any card effect and end your opponent’s turn. This card is removed from the game.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, if your opponent successfully plays an Action card, you may put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal.
Unique
F: 0 D:0

when this card cause overturn and i overturn divine intervention ...this card is reversed completely ? or divine only count as 1 aplicable reversal cards?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:56:05 PM by xtremesfaction »

Offline Daddy

• 2005 Texas Shoot Out Champ
  • +32/-24
  • Who's Your Daddy?
    • View Profile
Re: Throttled Within an Inch of Your Life
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
Remember, when posting a question make sure to post the relevant text for all cards in the inquiry.

40/TK (F) Divine Intervention
Reversal: Special
When overturned, completely reverse any card (even if it cannot be reversed) or any card effect and end your opponent’s turn. This card is removed from the game.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, if your opponent successfully plays an Action card, you may put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal.
Unique
F: 0 D:0
MediaHardcore.com (Content coming soon!)

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:33:49 AM »
Divine Intervention reverses the overturn effect. Normally, after your opponent flips two applicable reversals for Throttled, the 0D is applied and then Undertaker continues his turn. If the opponent flips Divine (or Let's Wrestle Already! or You Fight Like a Woman or anything else that reverses overturn effects), then the entire effect is reversed and Undertaker's turn ends IF you found some other way to reverse the card before it landed. Throttled is still a Multi, after all.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:09:48 PM by Daeva »
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 02:49:31 PM »
Sorry I'm not sure what the edited part meant. From my understanding, divine, let's wrestle already etc reverses the overturning effect and undertaker's turn ends. The multi wouldn't matter at all since reversing an effect from a multi card is different from reversing a multi card.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 02:57:40 PM »
From my understanding let's wrestle already etc reverses the overturning effect and undertaker's turn ends

This is where the problem lies...  Your understanding...

From the OMNI

Throttled Within an Inch of Your Life
<SNIP>
-If one copy Let’s Wrestle Already or You Fight Like a Woman is overturned, it will reverse the entire overturn effect but will count as only one reversal to the Multi Maneuver; unless a second reversal was played or activated from another area, the damage will then be resolved (D:0), and since only one reversal has been applied, the turn continues.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 02:59:11 PM »
My follow-up question is since Divine uses 'Completely', which normally indicates full Multi-Stop, shouldn't it work to completely reverse the Throttled, even if overturned for the effect?
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
Divine works to stop Throttled and end the turn.  LWA if overturned by itself on 1 would stop the overturning but NOT end the turn.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king