Author Topic: New SS Guides  (Read 3696 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
New SS Guides
« on: March 21, 2014, 07:11:55 PM »
As mentioned in the card text thread, I'm working on new Superstar guides.  These won't be just the names of the cards each Superstar card pack, but the full card text for each one, as well as what set(s) they were contained in.  This includes all the Virtual sets, as well as full lists for Superstars like DX, 2MPT, New Age Outlaws, and so on.

First thing I realized is that this would be a logistical nightmare in alphabetical order, including Virtual... when a new Virtual set is released, there'd be so much shuffling, it wouldn't be worth keeping this updated, so I'll be going in chronological order.  However, it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to have a guide post, with a link to each Superstar's location, and THAT could be kept in alphabetical order... so if ACH ever comes to Raw Deal, we add him with the next set, put his link at the top of the index post, and it's easy peasey to look up.

Now, these will be MASSIVE posts, especially given the scope of Premiere superstars to include promos, teams & stables they were included in, so it's possible we'll only have 2-3 Superstars in some posts, making the lists extremely long.  So I'm thinking about how to organize it, whether a separate post by 'year' (2001 - Fully Loaded, Backlash, SS1, IAATG... 2002, Mania, Summerslam, Ruthless... etc) or just have one big massive post with pages to wade through.

Also, there was some mention in the other topic about including 'other cards', things that are relevant.  We're not going to include Irish Whip for anyone who's specifics reference it.  :)  But I could see 1-2 key cards for that Superstar being added.  I don't think we need all the actions for William Regal, or all the Legend cards listed each time, but perhaps key cards suggested by you guys could be put in.

So let me know what you think... in a tl;dr version, basically do we want 1 huge topic or split them up by years?  And do we want certain other cards listed, too?

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Coming Dec. 25

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline elceh

• +31/-9
  • Live the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
Re: New SS Guides
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 08:53:18 PM »
I like your idea about posting them in chronological order, starting with Premiere.  I think it might be easier that way.
- Team NBD
- http://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal
- In <R>evolution, we like to FIGHT!

Online dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 09:29:34 PM »
I'm definitely in favor of the key cards, as I'd mentioned before, at least for those people who heavily revolve around one or two things.

Beyond that, I vote for whatever you feel would make your life easier. You're doing this to help us, so the least we can do is help you by not demanding that you go to unnecessary effort.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 05:10:59 AM »
maybe we can start by updating what we already have? I think just adding a subsection for each superstar that lists their virtual specifics would be a good low hanging fruit to aim for
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 07:48:01 AM »
For me, it would be MORE work to do some, go back and integrate Virtual, etc.  I'm just doing it all at once.

I might mention that the sets will also be organized in my usual format.. Superstar Card, Backstage Cards, Pre-match (in play order), Mid-match, Moves, Revs, Actions - all by Fortitude, then Damage, then Alphabetically.  It should make it easier to read through IMO.  (And as mentioned, each card will have an identifier to show what set(s) it came from)

Also, I'm using my own formatting style - none of this 8 lines of text to say that it's a Throwback, RMS, show logo, Multi, Unique, etc.  It all goes in one line at the end, and if a card is a Throwback, both versions are listed.  (Or in rare cases, all 3... for example, Tori + Help's On the Way + Help TB from V3).

I'll start posting probably when I finish with the Classic superstars, I'm wrapping up Summerslam and about to start into remakes, which will speed things up a ton.  :D

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »
For me, it would be MORE work to do some, go back and integrate Virtual, etc.  I'm just doing it all at once.

I take it you're pulling it off lackley?
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 10:56:17 PM »
Not at all.  Pulling from the original cardlists, and from Virtual posts here on TCO.

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 09:47:08 PM »
I've thought about it, Daeva was kind enough to be a sounding board, but I feel the best way to have threads that aren't huge, but also keep people from needing to scroll to a 2nd page, is to group the Superstars by year.  2000 is just Premiere, of course, but 2001 has Fully Loaded, Backlash, SS1, and IAATG; 2002 will have Mania, Summerslam, and Ruthless... etc.

I'm nearly done, as today was an incredibly productive day, taking me from halfway through Divas to nearly finished with No Way Out.  (Damn, almost got all of Afterburn in one day, haha)  When I finish Classic tomorrow, I've going to use the errata list to update any cards that need it, and tomorrow night I'll likely start posting.

To save sanity, we'll have one single thread for reporting any errors (much like with Lackey error reporting).  Also, I've un-sticky'd the old threads, but they won't be deleted, we'll keep them around in appreciation and for legacy purposes.  :)

We'll figure out afterward what (if any) cards we'll want to add in for reference, but unlikely we should add 'All X can pack these' cards, as that ends up covering way too much. 

That's about it for now, I should start posting these tomorrow night.  :)

CREED

Offline Toxic

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 08:18:31 AM »
I've thought about it, Daeva was kind enough to be a sounding board, but I feel the best way to have threads that aren't huge, but also keep people from needing to scroll to a 2nd page, is to group the Superstars by year.  2000 is just Premiere, of course, but 2001 has Fully Loaded, Backlash, SS1, and IAATG; 2002 will have Mania, Summerslam, and Ruthless... etc.

I'm nearly done, as today was an incredibly productive day, taking me from halfway through Divas to nearly finished with No Way Out.  (Damn, almost got all of Afterburn in one day, haha)  When I finish Classic tomorrow, I've going to use the errata list to update any cards that need it, and tomorrow night I'll likely start posting.

To save sanity, we'll have one single thread for reporting any errors (much like with Lackey error reporting).  Also, I've un-sticky'd the old threads, but they won't be deleted, we'll keep them around in appreciation and for legacy purposes.  :)

We'll figure out afterward what (if any) cards we'll want to add in for reference, but unlikely we should add 'All X can pack these' cards, as that ends up covering way too much. 

That's about it for now, I should start posting these tomorrow night.  :)

CREED

Speaking of Afterburn, do you have a legal card list of that format?
Chile TCO Commisioner!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 08:38:25 AM »
Wrong topic.

However, it is Lethal Library (Vince McMahon) forward, all prize cards legal, and any card with a Throwback.

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »
One last question... Revo 1-3 would go in a single topic, they're low-space anyway.  But should we just put all the Revo stuff into one topic, since there aren't that many Superstars, and the sets aren't that large (compared to, say, Premiere guys getting cards through GAB and Virtual, heh)

EDIT:  There, got the first one done while home on lunch, I'll post the rest of the printed sets after work tonight.

CREED
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:31:26 PM by CreedP »

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 05:07:29 PM »
I think it may help if you list the sets in order somewhere, along with what the abbreviation stand for. Some new players may not be familiar with the short hand terminology.
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

A spectacle so GRAND, it can only be called The Supershow.
Super Set 4 the Knockdown is live on KS!
Join Us! Support Us!https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-the-knockdown-by-srg-universe

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 06:55:41 PM »
I did mention there'd be an index.  ;)  But yeah, I'd planned to put the 'key' for the set abbreviations there as well.

Gotta fix a card error, then I'll start posting again.  :)

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 05:36:01 PM »
Just a short update today, the index is loaded.  Just click a link and you'll go to the post with that Superstar's cards in it.

Virtual goes a lot faster than I thought, just have to make sure I catch all the multi-logoed cards... :)  I -might- have it done tomorrow, hard to say, otherwise Virtual will go up next week some time.

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 10:31:53 PM »
Well, that's all of them.  As you get closer to current, it goes a LOT faster.. :)

I'll have the guide finished up tomorrow with all of the Virtual superstars, now all that's left is chasing bugs.  Catching minor errors, anything I missed, etc.   But that will come with time.

Anyway, it's ready to go for now, if you know what set the Superstar is from, then you're off to the races.  :)

Enjoy!

EDIT:  And now the index is up, so it's all set to be fully used!

CREED
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:51:11 PM by CreedP »