Author Topic: Virtual 7 Hopes N Dreams  (Read 57418 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual 7 Hopes N Dreams
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2015, 01:24:01 PM »
Sorry, no.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »
What image sources work for cards? Anything other than digital? I'd like to see the parameters of what you will use if you're willing to share that information. I'm really green when dealing with computer images and love learning this stuff.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2015, 02:09:00 PM »
We're getting off topic here. PM'ed you, Piper.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 08, 2015, 11:48:51 AM »
Just to update everyone.. we've made a decision.  While Fandango was 'hot property' for a minute, he's fallen off the radar completely.  Even a recent attempt to bring him back was met with no response, so since we haven't started playtesting on him yet, we're pulling him in favor of another Superstar waiting in the wings.

He's been sitting patiently in development, but with the NXT theme of the set and his recent activity there, we're putting him into Virtual 7 instead.  Former NXT Tag Team champion, the replacement Superstar will be:

Sin Cara

----------

For those wanting a refreshed list, here it is:

3MB
A.J. Lee
Bray Wyatt
Brodus Clay
Cesaro
Dean Ambrose
Damien Sandow
Erick Rowan
Luke Harper
Paige
Prime Time Players
Roman Reigns
Ryback
Sami Zayn
Sin Cara
Seth Rollins
Team Hell No
Titus O'Neil
The Beast Incarnate (Brock Lesnar remake)
The Shield
The Rated R Superstar TB (Edge Legend remake)
The Rhodes Brothers
The Usos
The Viper (Randy Orton remake)
The Wyatt Family

CREED
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:50:22 AM by CreedP »

Offline tutoman

• +12/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 08, 2015, 12:21:19 PM »
Somehow, Sin Cara been a replacement is quite fitting.

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2015, 07:09:03 PM »
That sounds like a fair trade to me!!!
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline The Hitman

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2015, 09:36:11 PM »
I don't want to create a new thread so I am putting it here and I hope Creed or someone else will respond.  Thanks.

What I want from Virtual 7

- Reprints of the Superstar face cards with new pictures.  Specifically I'd like to see Goldberg, all the SS from Premier to first Survivor Series.  Why do I list Goldberg?  Because he's the guy I want to see the most.

- Errata on some of the virtual cards that have not been errata'd. For example, the Backstage Area for Rattle Snake has the following text: "...and ignore the "Strike" text on your Lou Thesz Press." 

Lou Thesz Press's text reads, "If played from your hand, may reverse a maneuver played after the card titled Irish Whip. End your opponent's turn. You may draw 1 card."  There's no Strike anywhere on the text.

For future sets I want to see:

- MORE GOLDBERG CARDS!!!  As a Goldberg mark I'd like to see more support for him, since Comic Images didn't release any more foils for him after the set he's in.  The Lone Wolf is nice, but since I want to play with his original face card I'd like more cards with his logo instead of Lone Wolf's.  Maybe a Backstage card that'd allow him to play with all the maneuver cards with "Spear" and "Jackhammer" on it regardless of SS logo.  I'd also like to see a midmatch Maneuver/Reversal with Spear in the title.  Lastly, how about more non-Unique maneuvers with Spear and Jackhammer for him to search?  ;-)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2015, 09:55:37 PM »
1) That's a legal issue.  We're making new cards, copying old Comic Images cards could really get us in trouble, sorry.

2) The text in question applies to the Throwback in Survivor Series 3.  If you're using the original version, there's no 'strike' text as you point out, so there's no change.

3) We do have a couple Goldberg cards in the support section of Virtual 7.  However, you can understand why we aren't devoting entire sections of cards just for one person, multiply that by every superstar in the game, we'd never get anything done!  :)  That said, I'll tip our hand that Revolution Goldberg is slated for Virtual Revolution 5, so you can quench your thirst a bit more when that comes along.... heh.

CREED

Offline The Hitman

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2015, 11:14:29 PM »
Thanks for replying to my post Creed.  I got out of Raw Deal before SS3 so I have no idea that Lou Thesz Press added new lines.  

As for SS reprints that's fine.  I brought this up because I saw how some SS got their face card reprinted, like The Largest Athlete in Sports Entertainment and I thought you can do the same for others.

The reason why I'd like more Goldberg cards is because I was going through those virtual cards today and I noticed a fair number of cards for Big Poppa Pump and I think Goldberg's situation is similar to his, so if he can have more cards why not Goldberg?  I'll be looking forward to his Revolution cards.  Thanks Creed.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:57:38 PM by The Hitman »

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2015, 11:56:07 PM »

As for SS reprints that's fine.  I brought this up because I saw how some SS got their face card reprinted, like The Largest Athlete in Sports Entertainment and I thought you can do the same for others.

The "SS3" style reprints for those superstars are to reflect eratta on the cards (LAiSE's example being it's only Strike Grapples, and Submissions now; we don't want him throwing <R> Fig-4's and <R> Unforgiving Ladder every turn).
If you want one to be made for Goldberg, you can easily hop on over to the Fantasy Cards section (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong there) and ask around there.
hXi

Offline The Hitman

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 08, 2015, 11:58:31 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I'll do just that. 

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2015, 05:41:39 PM »
Will you make new cards for throwback Superstars like the Ultimate Warrior and Bret Hart in future sets?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2015, 05:48:29 PM »
Depends on the Superstars, it's not as though they're providing us with new pictures, so it's tough to match it up.  That said, if we see someone needs help, we'll do what we can to give it to them.  :)

CREED

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2015, 09:58:16 PM »
Depends on the Superstars, it's not as though they're providing us with new pictures, so it's tough to match it up.  That said, if we see someone needs help, we'll do what we can to give it to them.  :)

CREED

Thanks. I still hope you can make a Strike Force tag team Superstar face card using pictures such as this in the future:

http://i.imgur.com/7wcmKN7.jpg

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2015, 10:01:38 PM »
Nice pic, heh, though it would be a -very- limited set, basically 'promo Superstar only' with maybe 1-2 support cards.

However, we're kind of done for now with the 80s/early 90s WWF stuff, we put out SO much in Saturday Night's Main Event that we've put that era on the back burner for now.  There's a lot of new talent coming up that, by the time we're ready to start making them as Superstars, will be fleshed up characters from NXT/WWE.  Also, we still have some guys from the Attitude era who've been waiting a VERY long time to get in (Val Venis, for example, who's mentioned on a card but has yet to make it in, sadly.)

So that's not a 'no', but don't hold your breath for seeing Strike Force soon, heh.

CREED

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-7
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »
Hey Creed if you need someone who is outside of the group who can test the cards for funsies give me a hollar.
Dallasstar17
Oklahoma's Resident Team X-Treme Member

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »
No problem. I understand that there's way too many superstars yet to be created for the Virtual sets, and only long-time fans like me would want to see throwback superstars like Strike Force. As long as it is in the pipeline, I don't mind waiting a (semi) long time for it.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:09:28 PM by Rockaholic »

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2015, 08:08:35 AM »
I'd actually go so far as to say it's more likely for Martel to end up in the game by himself before Strike Force.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 29, 2015, 08:42:22 PM »
Since Rhoda Rousey showed up tonight at Wrestlemania, will we ever see her superstar card in the future?

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 29, 2015, 08:49:55 PM »
I'd say she's just as likely as William Perry :D

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2015, 09:04:05 PM »
Exactly, or Pete Rose. 

Now, if she actually transitions into the WWE and wrestles matches, sure... we'd look into creating a Superstar for her.

CREED

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2015, 10:31:37 PM »
Exactly, or Pete Rose. 

Now, if she actually transitions into the WWE and wrestles matches, sure... we'd look into creating a Superstar for her.

CREED

Hopefully WWE will arrange a match for her in the future, even if it's an one-time only event.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 29, 2015, 11:12:09 PM »
That'd be interesting, but still wouldn't change things for Raw Deal purposes.  Think about it, we could be making Superstars that wrestled dozens, hundreds of matches... guys who entertained people for years.  Or we could make a celebrity who did one match, and provides a limited batch of pictures.  ;)

It's just not a good idea, not unless she pulls a Lesnar - walks away from UFC and becomes a full-time wrestler.   Otherwise, we might as well try making Superstars for Snooki, Dennis Rodman, and Jay Leno, heh.

CREED

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 30, 2015, 04:24:22 AM »
That'd be interesting, but still wouldn't change things for Raw Deal purposes.  Think about it, we could be making Superstars that wrestled dozens, hundreds of matches... guys who entertained people for years.  Or we could make a celebrity who did one match, and provides a limited batch of pictures.  ;)

It's just not a good idea, not unless she pulls a Lesnar - walks away from UFC and becomes a full-time wrestler.   Otherwise, we might as well try making Superstars for Snooki, Dennis Rodman, and Jay Leno, heh.

CREED

I understand your point, but none of the celebrities have ever dominated a physical sport like the MMA such as Rhoda Rousey. I know that it's next-to-impossible, but if her superstar card ever come out it should be amazing as her winning record. Maybe someone can make a dream card for her instead.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 30, 2015, 06:20:31 AM »
The fact you can't even spell her name correctly doesn't really help your case, either.