Author Topic: Virtual 7 Hopes N Dreams  (Read 57420 times)

Offline GamerZombie

• +8/-9
  • Road to Victory to draw a card!
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual 7 Hopes N Dreams
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2015, 04:46:52 PM »
Speaking of releases. I know you always say the set is out "when it's done" and I believe it was mentioned a while back about it being out in the summer/ gencon area, but I was wondering if we could have a small update on how things are moving along and if that was still the ballpark time frame. Also thanks again for keeping this great game alive and for the creative team's contributions thus far.
-Collin Simon- (Guy with the Raw Deal sign at MiB 15')
--The Guardtower Raw Deal League Organizer--
---The Guardtower, Columbus Ohio

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2015, 07:31:25 PM »
This is a good example of why we don't give release dates anymore.   :D

Still way too soon to tell, we'll see how testing goes.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline unknown_soldier78

• +39/-62
  • Mamajawma.com (I could watch CHL 100x still laugh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 16, 2015, 04:23:16 AM »
Daeva - Dream Killer

I prefer "Hope Ender" myself... so I'm going to put that in my forum title.

Not bad. I would have gone with "Devourer of Joy," personally, but not bad.

That fits he also " Hinderer of Hopes" then he lights that sum of a biotch on fire then proceeds to powerbomb your dreams through it.

Offline majinsuperdustin

• +2/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2015, 02:25:12 PM »
Can anyone remind me of what the new mechanic in virtual 7 is and what it does?
HBKHalfBlackKid

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
Promo X: Look at top X cards of your deck and put 1 into your hand, put the rest (not discard) into ringside.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2015, 01:09:44 PM »
Please include in Virtual 7 a Mae Young superstar specific Bronco Buster card. Call it The Dust Buster.

I am not joking. I want this card. Please.
Yes, I wrote this. (see iwasmade4lovinyou)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588642.html

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 14, 2015, 01:57:12 PM »
We'd joked about it in the past, but never saw any pictures of it, sadly.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 14, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »
 Somehow I think in this case a pic of Lawler looking all nauseous would be a perfect substitute pic for this card ;D
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 14, 2015, 02:33:24 PM »
I'll do an screen grab from a dvd. Hopefully I can come up with something good.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 14, 2015, 04:38:14 PM »
Unlikely it will be anything we can use.  No offense, of course, but there is a 100% fail rate for DVD grab images meeting card quality over the last 7 years, so obviously it's nothing against you.   ;)

CREED

Offline rated SRH

• +40/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2015, 06:07:44 PM »
Just out of curiosity. Is or was there any plans to introduce Legends to the Revo format?
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2015, 06:32:13 PM »
Indeed, we have 4 lined up for Virtual Revo 5, but getting V7 complete is the first priority.  VR5 will come after that.

CREED

Offline rated SRH

• +40/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2015, 07:11:51 PM »
That's awesome! I was reviewing the Revo Superstar list and just happened to notice that.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 17, 2015, 11:41:51 AM »
Unlikely it will be anything we can use.  No offense, of course, but there is a 100% fail rate for DVD grab images meeting card quality over the last 7 years, so obviously it's nothing against you.   ;)

CREED

I get that. But it is a very well known thing Mae did and there is no card to represent it. All other current created superstars are very complete. Just seems like a big hole to me. I'll post the link below because I can. It's what's best for business.

http://s455.photobucket.com/user/ItPutsThePhotoInTheBucket/library/?view=recent&page=1#/user/ItPutsThePhotoInTheBucket/library/?view=recent&page=1&_suid=142419801212409426707781440489

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 17, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
Motion blur, watermarks, terrible resolution... Nice try, but they suffer from the same issues almost all screengrabs suffer from.

On the topic of V7... I'm now quite amused that the Raw Deal curse has now potentially un-struck for the Prime Time Players.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline stucket

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 17, 2015, 04:39:19 PM »
They are the first, aren't they?

Offline The Hitman

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 01, 2015, 10:54:56 AM »
I am no longer watching the current WWE, so my hope for the new set is the inclusion of more legends and/or tag teams from the 80s.  British Bulldogs, Killer Bees, Pan Am Express, Hercules, King Kong Bundy, etc.  These are all wrestlers that I'd love to see made. 

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 01, 2015, 11:28:12 AM »
Unfortunately, there's two issues there.. One, Virtual 7 is already locked in with 25 Superstars, the list is elsewhere in this thread.  And Two, it's always VERY difficult to find usable pictures for the guys from back then.  Oh, sure, there'll be a few pics of them standing around, standing in the ring, posing, etc.  But actually doing their wrestling moves - you'd be surprised.  Even when we did the SNME set, some of those I was sure we'd have no problem with (Bossman, Nikolai Volkoff, etc) ended up being extremely difficult to make.  :(

However, we do have British Bulldog slated for an upcoming release.  His logo is already on the Hart Family faction from Virtual 5, so we kinda 'have to' make him now.  :)

CREED

Offline rated SRH

• +40/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 01, 2015, 11:46:50 AM »
Not necessarily a wish for V7. However is it possible for alternate artwork for the non virtual superstars? Since some face cards are well bland to say the least. I dont know if this would be a copyright issue or not. I enjoy the virtual face cards alot, I was just tossing that out there.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 01, 2015, 11:53:18 AM »
It's a copyright issue, yes.  That's why we panicked when we realized that the Chris Masters we made was a direct copy of the printed promo, so we made a Throwback version.

Funny, I've actually thought (after looking at Randy Orton from 10 years ago) that a "Randy Orton TB", with some equally minor or irrelevant change to his Ability, would be nice to see with his newer shaved-head look.

CREED

Offline Rockaholic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2015, 02:33:28 PM »
I must confess that I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of quality images for older Superstars which makes it hard to design their face and foil cards. One of the main reasons why I decided to start playing Raw Deal game again is because I saw the Virtual set, with many of the Superstars that got me interested in WWF back in the '80s like Macho Man and Rickey Steamboat, and I knew I just have to build decks for them. I also wanted other 80's wrestlers like Strike Force, King Kong Bundy, and Koko B. Ware, but I guess their pictures are also hard to come by. If we cannot get more 80's Superstars, then how about new face cards for Bret Hart and others that were already made?

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 01, 2015, 08:37:09 PM »
If you search the fantasy cards forums a bit, you'll find some great fantasy Superstar cards from TimJR of King Kong Bundy and Koko B. Ware.  They aren't playtested or tournament legal, but if you're looking to build a deck or two for fun, they are options.  JediMuppet even piggybacked Tim's work by making a fantasy maneuver or two for K.K.B. 

On the subject of V 7: I know that I am looking forward most to Sami Zayn with Bray being a close second, but I was curious who others were most looking forward to playing. 
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline halo_t

• +14/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2015, 08:24:00 AM »
I am very much looking forward the the Orton remake followed closely by the Brock one as well. For new superstars, Shield and Ambrose are at the top of my list.
The wife is wanting the Edge remake and Damien Sandow.

Online dilbert505

• Global Moderator
  • +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2015, 09:39:35 AM »
On the subject of V 7: I know that I am looking forward most to Sami Zayn with Bray being a close second, but I was curious who others were most looking forward to playing. 

I've been waiting for Damien Sandow and Dean Ambrose since they made their debuts. (Case in point: I have posts begging for them both on the first page of this thread.) Everyone else, I'm waiting to see their abilities, but I'll build Sandow and Ambrose regardless.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »
Unfortunately, there's two issues there.. One, Virtual 7 is already locked in with 25 Superstars, the list is elsewhere in this thread.  And Two, it's always VERY difficult to find usable pictures for the guys from back then.  Oh, sure, there'll be a few pics of them standing around, standing in the ring, posing, etc.  But actually doing their wrestling moves - you'd be surprised.  Even when we did the SNME set, some of those I was sure we'd have no problem with (Bossman, Nikolai Volkoff, etc) ended up being extremely difficult to make.  :(

However, we do have British Bulldog slated for an upcoming release.  His logo is already on the Hart Family faction from Virtual 5, so we kinda 'have to' make him now.  :)

CREED

I don't have a good computer and I have no scanner. But I do have all the WWF magazines from 1984-1995. They are filled with great high quality pictures of pretty much every superstar you can think of. I think even Battle Kat has a 3-5 page section in one issue. Don't know if scanning such periodicals would be a solution.