Author Topic: Royal Rumble Results (Spoilers, obv.)  (Read 7410 times)

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Royal Rumble Results (Spoilers, obv.)
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:57:24 PM »
NAO win the tag titles.
Bray Wyatt beats down DBry.
Brock murders Big Show in a match that was seriously pointless
Orton retains after interference from the Wyatt Family.

And the kick in the pants we all sadly expected: Dave Batista wins the Royal Rumble.

And we thought we had it bad when the Mania main event was Rock vs Cena.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline dilbert505

• Global Moderator
  • +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Rumble Results (Spoilers, obv.)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
NAO win the tag titles in a match that was seriously pointless
Bray Wyatt beats down DBry in a match that was actually pretty awesome
Brock murders Big Show in a match that was seriously pointless
Orton retains after interference from the Wyatt Family in a match that was seriously pointless

And the kick in the pants we all sadly expected: Dave Batista wins the Royal Rumble in a match that was seriously pointless

And we thought we had it bad when the Mania main event was Rock vs Cena.

FTFY, Tim.

Seriously, that... no. I could not be happier with the Pittsburgh crowd, because if nothing else, they did right by the fans by crapping all over everything but the Bray/Bry match. WWE, stahp.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 09:08:36 PM »
Was there really a "This is awful" chant during the Cena/ Orton match? 
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
I actually skipped out on watching the Orton/Cena match. The crowd started booing the Rumble violently once #30 came out and it wasn't Daniel Bryan. And they continued to boo and chant until it became Roman v. Batista, and the crowd rallied behind Roman because they desperately wanted something new, something interesting.

And then Dave won with a back body drop and the boos took over again.

Offline swankythegreat

• +9/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 09:19:27 PM »
The crowd did a fair amount of justice during the whole show.  I liked the "We want Divas" chant during the title match, even though the match wasn't that bad (people are just sick of Cena/Orton).

The fact that D-Bry wasn't even in the Rumble makes me think WWE's writers are just a bunch of monkeys with typewriters.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 09:25:45 PM »
It means that when Daniel makes little jokes like 'And some people say I shouldn't be the face of this company' after the entire crowd goes nuts for him, he's addressing a very real resistance in the creative team that he can't be 'the guy'.

EDIT: DBry's Tweet sums it up pretty good, actually.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:27:57 PM by TimJR »

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-32
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »
My notes from the night.

I called the shield starting the break up/ Roman is for real and his push is in the NEAR future

WWE is regretting bringing back Batista now they see how bad of shape the guy really is. The guy needs his cardio back up and to find a pair of Wrestling BOOTS

Welcome home sheamus, called that also, but as Batista needs to also, Hit the tredmill and get that cardio back up

Daniel Bryan Vs. Bray was by far one of the best matches I've seen in a long time

Lordsofpain.net Sometimes knows what their talking about, including the inside scoop on Cena Vs Wyatt before tonight even happened.

I don't really know where they will go with Lesnar, I was hoping so bad for a Undertaker "Gong"

Fully pissed off how they eliminated CM Punk.

Overall, WWE needs something new, FAST, they are becoming way to predictable
2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion!

2018 Supershow World Champion!

2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 09:40:13 PM »
Was there really a "This is awful" chant during the Cena/ Orton match?  

Yep. The crowd was one of the best parts of the PPV.

They took WWE predictable to a new level tonight.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:53:50 PM by Antigoth »

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 09:43:52 PM »
Well with Dbry getting kicked out of the rumble at least the odds of him taking on the Streak at Mania look a little better

Personally I'm ambivalent about Batista winning; winning the rumble puts him on the fast track to the title picture and for those who are sick of Orton/Cena, booing him does seem hypocritical because if the WWE is going to choose someone to break that duopoly, it'll be him
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline SoxFan89

• +2/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 09:47:30 PM »
honestly I was fairly dissapointed. only saving grace was the Bryan match and the fact I only paid $10 to watch it
"AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!"

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
My notes from the night.

I called the shield starting the break up/ Roman is for real and his push is in the NEAR future

WWE is regretting bringing back Batista now they see how bad of shape the guy really is. The guy needs his cardio back up and to find a pair of Wrestling BOOTS

Welcome home sheamus, called that also, but as Batista needs to also, Hit the tredmill and get that cardio back up

Daniel Bryan Vs. Bray was by far one of the best matches I've seen in a long time

Lordsofpain.net Sometimes knows what their talking about, including the inside scoop on Cena Vs Wyatt before tonight even happened.

I don't really know where they will go with Lesnar, I was hoping so bad for a Undertaker "Gong"

Fully pissed off how they eliminated CM Punk.

Cena vs Wyatt has been out there for awhile now. The sad thing is all the top WM matches have been floating out there for a few weeks and it looks like they are all going to plan. Something seriously wrong with WWE when all the matches for the biggest show of the year are out there in January. Not to mention it all seems like garbage.

Just like I predicted the fans will crap all over the Rumble. Having Bryan in it would have only made it worse which is why he wasn't. The fans gave a giant eff you to the WWE tonight. I would love to see Triple H and Vince backstage tonight when the entire crowd took a gigantic smelly crap over the next three months of their predictable programming. If they don't call an audible and have Bryan win the belt at EC then I have lost all faith in this company. Tonight is a new low for the WWE. The fans are begging for one thing and your dumb enough to not give it to them month after month after month. Yet they continue to fight back. Good for the fans. This was the most pathetic PPV I've ever seen and for all the wrong reasons.

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 09:56:11 PM »
Side note - does anyone remember when a PPV would have 7-9 matches including the rumble?

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 10:04:44 PM »
Oh, and one quick note that I thought was super awesome: Cesaro and Punk totally did the Kings of Wrestling helicopter crash during the Rumble. I marked out a little.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »
Exactly, if Bryans out there and doesn't win, that place goes even more nuts and turns on them

Offline Rebort

• +13/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 11:37:23 PM »
Exactly, if Bryans out there and doesn't win, that place goes even more nuts and turns on them

^

I'm more upset we had JBL, Corporate Kane, El Torito, Kevin Nash (again) and the Great Khali. It's like no one wanted to be apart of the RR. Put a couple legends or something in there to appease the crowd/audience if you're not going to have Bryan.

Is it possible Bry can be involved with Taker at WM? Arguably a much, much, MUCH, MUCH bigger match than the title. Could you imagine that crowd? Imagine his place if he won? Super-stardom. Yes, I have read/heard the Sheamus 2.5 rumors, but, I have to imagine that they have bigger plans for him if he didn't win tonight. If not, then I jump on-board.

This is just like his SS moment when Randy cashed in. Or when HHH vacated the title. Or when Big Show knock out punched both Orton and D-Bry. Or Shawn cost Bryan the title. I'm mad, you're mad, we're all mad here. But the Bryan train keeps going. If anything this helps his momentum. Everyone is so pissed that they will back Bryan more because the company doesn't know that they're doing. (They do).

Also, there is a serious lack of Superman Punch in Raw Deal.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 11:45:47 PM »
I'll go ahead and mention something that nobody else has brought up, but I guarantee someone else here has at least had the thought.  I didn't watch the Rumble as I was working but I have one big big issue that truly bugs me.  Where was Jake The Snake Roberts at?  Don't tell me you couldn't find a spot for him when El freaking Torito and an Uso was in (no offense, but tag guys should almost never be in the Rumble).  And more importantly, I feel bad for the message that it could have sent that will never be heard now.  We all know about Jakes demons and how far he has come, and granted he did have his Raw moment. 

But what better reward for someone who has come back from such lows and done so damn well in his private life than a Rumble spot where it could have been a shining light to other past legends to get their acts together, as well have been a great personal story to sell to the fans. 

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 11:46:54 PM »
I don't get why people like Daniel Bryan so much. He was extremely boring to me, he was quite athletic, but no charisma at all. He reminded me of a white Shelton Benjamin.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 11:49:54 PM »
I'll go ahead and mention something that nobody else has brought up, but I guarantee someone else here has at least had the thought.  I didn't watch the Rumble as I was working but I have one big big issue that truly bugs me.  Where was Jake The Snake Roberts at?  Don't tell me you couldn't find a spot for him when El freaking Torito and an Uso was in (no offense, but tag guys should almost never be in the Rumble).  And more importantly, I feel bad for the message that it could have sent that will never be heard now.  We all know about Jakes demons and how far he has come, and granted he did have his Raw moment. 

But what better reward for someone who has come back from such lows and done so damn well in his private life than a Rumble spot where it could have been a shining light to other past legends to get their acts together, as well have been a great personal story to sell to the fans. 

I thought it was going to be him to make the save when it was Punk and the Sheild or even after Shemus came out. Never happened. Sad. The surprise enterents this year were disappointing.

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 11:52:13 PM »

^

I'm more upset we had JBL, Corporate Kane, El Torito, Kevin Nash (again) and the Great Khali. It's like no one wanted to be apart of the RR. Put a couple legends or something in there to appease the crowd/audience if you're not going to have Bryan.

Is it possible Bry can be involved with Taker at WM? Arguably a much, much, MUCH, MUCH bigger match than the title. Could you imagine that crowd? Imagine his place if he won? Super-stardom. Yes, I have read/heard the Sheamus 2.5 rumors, but, I have to imagine that they have bigger plans for him if he didn't win tonight. If not, then I jump on-board.

This is just like his SS moment when Randy cashed in. Or when HHH vacated the title. Or when Big Show knock out punched both Orton and D-Bry. Or Shawn cost Bryan the title. I'm mad, you're mad, we're all mad here. But the Bryan train keeps going. If anything this helps his momentum. Everyone is so pissed that they will back Bryan more because the company doesn't know that they're doing. (They do).

Bad news. Shemus vs Bryan is "a lock" for WM. Unless they call an audible after tonight.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 11:56:30 PM »
I don't get why people like Daniel Bryan so much. He was extremely boring to me, he was quite athletic, but no charisma at all. He reminded me of a white Shelton Benjamin.

To me he's the new Foley.  The crowd absolutely adores the hell out of the guy, he has a great personality and is friendly all around but doesn't get managements respect the way he should.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 12:00:00 AM »
Sorry to double post, but also, at least make the #30 entrant Wade Barrett to announce the bad news of Bryan not being in the Rumble.  It's literally like some genius thought hey, the fans love Mysterio surely they won't boo him if we send him out to make them happy.  I saw a comment on a thread on another news site that said TNA is the puppy that pees in the house because he doesn't know any better, and the WWE is the grown up dog who drops a deuce on the carpet just to prove his dominance over you.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 12:03:02 AM »
Didn't you say elsewhere that you haven't watched WWE in years?  I'm hoping you aren't just trying to troll everyone here, but...  if you watched years ago, when they didn't let him talk or do anything, I can see why.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 12:05:22 AM »
If he's talking about Bryan when he was being mentored and all, I could agree with that viewpoint in general.  He wasn't anything amazing early WWE days.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 12:12:18 AM »
If you're going to put 'filler' in there, at least put interesting filler!  :D

Nope.  Bryan/Sheamus.  As WWE continues to give us everything we AREN'T interested in seeing again...

But ultimately there has to be a payoff.  And I've watched for so long, as they fumble again and again and again and $#%$#%# again, DERPITY DERP CENA ALWAYS WINS, and the same 5 guys hold the titles for years at a time... there's no faith anymore.

No reason to believe they'll listen to crowd after crowd telling them what they want to see.  Hell, at this point, Vince might as well decide to put ballerinas in the ring because HE thinks it's 'good for business'. 

Or, you know, a football league... -snicker-

Seriously, they've failed at XFL, WBL, running for Congress... work on giving people one thing they DO want before trying to branch out into other areas....

Whoa whoa whoa, there, pal!  That kind of awesome is almost impossible to contain in a single card!   :D

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 12:13:05 AM »

Go on YouTube and watch some of his promos from the last three months. You'll see a very, very different Daniel Bryan than you did in NXT.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.