Author Topic: RUMBLE RESULTS - The 8th Annual ONLINE RAW DEAL Royal Rumble  (Read 11043 times)

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
RUMBLE RESULTS - The 8th Annual ONLINE RAW DEAL Royal Rumble
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »
It's ALMOST time for the 8th ANNUAL TCO ROYAL RUMBLE!!!!!!! Make your selections and cross your fingers, you too might add your name this year to the TCO ROYAL RUMBLE HALL OF FAME.

TCO ROYAL RUMBLE HALL OF FAME

2007 Online Royal Rumble Winner:
BATISTA (BENDER)

2008 Online Royal Rumble Winner:
THE BRITISH BULLDOG (thedemonkiller)

2009 Online Royal Rumble Winner:
RANDY ORTON (Randy_Trash)

2010 Online MEGA Royal Rumble Winner:
LEX LUGER (Phenominal1)

2011 Online Royal Rumble Winner:
BIG SHOW (DogTheUnemployed)

2011 Online Royal Rumble Revenge Winner:
RANDY ORTON (Anthony Lurty)

2012 Online Royal Rumble Winner:
DANIEL BRYAN (Turd Ferguson)

2013 Online Royal Rumble Winner:
RYBACK (Mitch!)

YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW OR DO ANYTHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS!!!! YOU the players just have to pick some wrestler names AND DO NOTHING BUT SIT BACK, while I play out the 8th Annual TCO ROYAL RUMBLE! Since you won't be controlling things this is where reading the Royal Rumble match posting becomes very exciting and fun.

Here is the link to the last Royal Rumble held on TCO back at the start of 2013:
http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,12637.0.html

The winner of the TCO ROYAL RUMBLE will receive a Royal Rumble Hulk Hogan throwback set, ultra rares included will be I Live for my Hulkamaniacs and Hulkin' Up.

HOW TO SELECT YOUR WRESTLERS
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING carefully, as it will explain the EASY wrestler selection process that you MUST ADHERE TO.
YOU MAY SPEND UP TO 12 POINTS. You MUST select 1-3 wrestlers. After you have selected your wrestlers, if you have any points left you may spend the remainder of your points on power-ups (power-ups are listed below the wrestler list).
AS SOON AS 30 WRESTLERS HAVE BEEN SELECTED BY ANY NUMBER OF PLAYERS I will begin the TCO 2014 ROYAL RUMBLE! Any other players that end up trying to join in will unfortunately be cut off. DO NOT SELECT WRESTLERS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SELECTED BY SOMEONE ELSE AND DO NOT SELECT A 31ST WRESTLER! It is your job to look over and correct your choices if need be, otherwise I will, and you probably won't like it.

BRIEF GAME MECHANICS OVERVIEW (you don't need to know this, but if you do then you are liable to make better educated selections, the link below leads to full Rumble mechanics)
http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,967.0.html
Wrestlers will be posted with 2 numbers, #/#. The first # is their hand size (HS), and the second # is their superstar value (SV).
- The higher the HS the more damage a wrestler can take before having to make a save roll (failed save rolls result in elimination).
- A wrestler with HS4 or less removes 1 hit from themself at the end of each round and their save rating is 5+ if they would save at 6+ (HS2 or less saves at 4+ if they would save at 6+).
- A HS5 wrestler can reroll all their dice once each round. This ability cannot be used to reroll an attack roll VS. a HS6-7 wrestler.
- If a wrestlers HS is 8+, then they are a tank or are a very skilled athlete. These wrestlers have a small chance to avoid making a save roll altogether (they get to make a BBB roll before their save roll). HS8 wrestlers get to roll 4d6, HS9+ wrestlers get to roll 3d6. If any 6s are rolled then the wrestler does not have to make a save roll! BBB rolls CANNOT be rerolled. A wrestler does not make a BBB roll if they are attacked by wrestler(s) with a combined HS equal or greater than that of their own (though the wrestler being attacked can damage themself to make a BBB roll, please read full Rumble mechanics).
- HS11+ wrestlers may take extra hits when being attacked (this is bad, the higher the HS the easier it is to take extra hits).
- The higher a wrestlers SV is determines how easy it is for them to hit other wrestlers and avoid being hit by other wrestlers. The higher the better!
- Recoveries can happen during the ROYAL RUMBLE. Wresters with a lower SV have a better chance at recovering. RECOVERY ROLLS can only be rerolled by HS5 wrestlers. Reroll counters may be given to wrestlers during the course of the Royal Rumble through recoveries. Reroll counters act like a normal HS5 reroll ability, when used they are gone.
- HS0-1 wrestlers begin with 2 reroll counters. HS3, 6, and 9 wrestlers begin with 1 reroll counter.

Here they are, all 60 possible TCO ROYAL RUMBLE entrants. Remember you are allowed to spend UP TO 12 POINTS and you must select 1-3 wrestlers.
Some wrestlers may have the ability to increase their HS. This is only for the purpose of making a BBB roll and/or for preventing another wrestler from making a BBB roll. The wrestlers printed HS (along with it's effect) is unchanged. However a printed HS8 uses 3 dice to make a BBB roll instead of 4 if the HS8 is altered to a higher number.

1PT
selected -Alex Riley 6/1
-Camacho 8/1
selected -Curt Hawkins 7/1
-Fernando 3/1
-Yoshi Tatsu 7/1
selected -Zack Ryder 5/0 (may reroll his attacks vs HS6-7 wrestlers)

2PTS
-Brodus Clay 13/2
-Darren Young 7/2
-Diego 2/2
-Fandango 6/2
selected -Goldust 5/1 (may reroll his attacks vs HS6-7 wrestlers)
-Jey Uso 7/2
-Jimmy Uso 7/2
-Justin Gabriel 4/2
selected -Tensai 12/2
-Titus O'Neil 9/2
-Tyson Kidd 5/2
-Xavier Woods 6/2

3PTS
selected -Antonio Cesaro 5/3
selected -Bad News Barrett 8/3 (SV=5 vs Orton or 6 vs Cena)
-Big E Langston 11/3
-Cody Rhodes 6/3
-Curtis Axel 4/3
-Damien Sandow 9/3
-David Otunga 6/3
selected -Jack Swagger 8/3
-Kofi Kingston 7/2 (always gets to make a BBB roll using 3 dice regardless of opposing HS)
-R-Truth 7/3
-Santino Marella 6/3 (if Santino rolls three+ 5s when attacking by himself then Santino's attack roll is considered to be three+ 6s, does not start with a reroll counter)

4PTS
-Alberto Del Rio 5/4
-Christian 6/4
-Dolph Ziggler 6/4 (when Dolph's RECOVERY ROLL sum is negative he gains 2 reroll counters, does not start with a reroll counter)
-The Miz 7/4
selected -Ryback 10/4
-Sin Cara 5/3 (may reroll his attacks vs HS6-7 wrestlers)
-William Regal 6/3 (SV=5 when being attacked)

4PTS - SURPRISE ENTRANT 9 entrants left
You may spend 4PTS to get a surprise entrant. YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS ONCE!!! You will get 1 random surprise entrant from a pool of 10 surprise superstars. The pool consists of four 1-3pt superstars and six 4-7pt superstars. You will not know who you have selected until that superstar enters the Rumble! You may allocate power-ups to your surprise entrant.
5PTS
selected -Batista 9/5 (SV=6 vs Cena or 7 vs Undertaker)
selected -CM Punk 9/4 (attacks against Punk cannot be rerolled)
selected -Jake "the Snake" Roberts 7/4 (always hits on 5+ when attacking by himself)
selected -Mark Henry 8/4 (HS=15 when being attacked)
selected -Rey Mysterio 8/4 (HS may =10 when being attacked)
-The Great Khali 8/4 (HS may =20 when being attacked, cannot place hits on himself via the BBB rule)

6PTS
-3MB (Drew McIntyre 6/2, Heath Slater 7/2, Jinder Mahal 8/2) (this counts as selecting 3 wrestlers)
selected -Big Show 7/5 (HS=10 when being attacked)
selected -Brock Lesnar 7/6 (SV=7 vs HHH or Hogan or Undertaker or 8 vs Rock)
selected -Randy Orton 9/5 (always hits on 5+ when attacking by himself)

7PTS
selected -John Cena 6/6 (HUSTLE: HS and SV=12 while Cena has 6 hits on himself, LOYALTY: does not start with a reroll counter, RESPECT: SV=7-8 vs SV7-8 while Cena has 0-5 hits on himself)
8PTS
selected -The Rock 6/8
9PTS
selected -THE SHIELD (Dean Ambrose 7/3, Roman Reigns 8/3, Seth Rollins 6/3) (this counts as selecting 3 wrestlers)
10PTS
selected -THE AUTHORITY (Billy Gunn 5/2, Kane 7/5 (HS=8 or 9 when being attacked), Road Dogg 8/2) (this counts as selecting 3 wrestlers)
12PTS
selected -THE WYATT FAMILY (Bray Wyatt 10/3, Daniel Bryan 5/4 (YES:may reroll his attacks vs HS7 wrestlers, NO:cannot reroll his RECOVERY ROLL), Erick Rowan 11/2, Luke Harper 10/2) (Wyatt Family members can automatically Double Team with other adjacent Family members, no declaration roll is made and non-Family members cannot be a part of this Double Team) (Wyatt Family members cannot be given THE RIC FLAIR SPECIAL) (this counts as selecting 4 wrestlers)

POWER-UPS
If you have any points left use them now! You can buy each power-up as many times as you want, points allowing. When you buy a power-up you MUST immediately allocate it onto one of your wrestlers.

X POINTS: X+1 REROLL COUNTERS
Acts like normal reroll counters. X points spent gives the wrestler X+1 reroll counters. When buying this power-up, one or more points must be spent.

selected 0 POINTS: THE RIC FLAIR SPECIAL
As soon as a wrestler is allocated this, this power-up cannot be bought/allocated again by any player! A wrestler cannot have this and PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT or LUCKIEST OF THE DRAW.
This wrestler gains 4 reroll counters and will enter the Royal Rumble randomly in spot #1-5!

1 POINT: CORNERMAN
This wrestler may remove themself as a target from an Empty the Ring attack before the attack roll is made. This cannot be done if the attacker has RING GENERAL.

2 POINTS: RUMBLER
Do not underestimate your chances of being eliminated automatically. Anything CAN and WILL happen in the Royal Rumble! There are an average of 6 auto elimination rolls per Rumble.
When this wrestler is automatically eliminated, one of these power-ups MAY BE immediately removed from this wrestler. If removed, this wrestler is no longer being eliminated and is immediately moved to the end of the ring and is declared DOWN BUT NOT OUT.

2 POINTS: TEAM PLAYER (this power-up is allocated to all of your wrestlers)
NEW Your wrestlers can automatically Double Team with your other adjacent wrestlers. No declaration roll is made. NEW
Whenever your wrestler selects a wrestler owned by another player to join in a Double Team, the Double Team attempt succeeds on a roll of 3+. This roll will always be 3+, it will never be 4+ or 2+.

3 POINTS: READY TO RUMBLE
When this wrestler is eliminated (not automatically), one of these power-ups MAY BE immediately removed from this wrestler. If removed, this wrestler is no longer being eliminated and is immediately moved to the start or the end of the ring and is declared DOWN BUT NOT OUT. This wrestler immediately rolls 1D6 (this roll cannot be rerolled). If 5-6 is rolled then this wrestler gains a READY TO RUMBLE power-up!

3 POINTS: RING GENERAL
Whenever this wrestler tries to Empty the Ring, the Empty the Ring attempt succeeds on a roll of 2+ instead of 3+.

4 POINTS: PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT
A wrestler cannot have this and LUCKIEST OF THE DRAW or THE RIC FLAIR SPECIAL.
This wrestler will enter the Royal Rumble randomly in spot #20-30! If more than 11 wrestlers have this power-up, then #20 is lowered by 1 for each wrestler in excess of 11. If LUCKIEST OF THE DRAW is chosen, spot #30 becomes unavailable for this power-up.

4 POINTS: RUMBLE ROYALTY
When this wrestler is eliminated in ANYWAY, one of these power-ups MAY BE immediately removed from this wrestler. If removed, this wrestler is no longer being eliminated and is immediately moved to the start or the end of the ring or to any hole within the ring and MAY then be declared DOWN BUT NOT OUT.

selected 5 POINTS: LUCKIEST OF THE DRAW
As soon as a wrestler is allocated this, this power-up cannot be bought/allocated again by any player! A wrestler cannot have this and PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT or THE RIC FLAIR SPECIAL.
This wrestler will enter the Royal Rumble in spot 30! This wrestler cannot be given any other power-ups except for CORNERMAN, TEAM PLAYER and/or RING GENERAL.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:37:51 PM by Neil Swint »
Yes, I wrote this. (see iwasmade4lovinyou)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588642.html

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
Re: The 8th Annual ONLINE RAW DEAL Royal Rumble
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:28:46 PM »
I'm finally going to win one of these.  I won one of the very few non Rumble events, and don't get to see my name in the lights yet.  But with the power of David Otunga, this year, will be my year.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 12:21:16 AM »
If I win (and that's a HUGE "if"), I will donate my prize to a lower spot.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-32
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 06:22:29 AM »
FINALLY going to give one of these a shot. This years rumble title is coming home to Long Island!
2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion!

2018 Supershow World Champion!

2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »
Dream on, People's Team.  Do you really think you've got a better center of gravity than the Lucha Llama?    The Rumble is mine! 
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:13:51 AM »
I'm finally going to win one of these.  I won one of the very few non Rumble events, and don't get to see my name in the lights yet.  But with the power of David Otunga, this year, will be my year.

Hey, at least you won a non-Rumble event. I'm still smarting from having ended up second in three (maybe four? I kind of lost count after a while) of these things, and never having won.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 06:12:14 PM »
*signals to Dilbert to team up and join him, together we can rule the Emp...Rumble, forever.*

Offline Philippine Milkfish

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:03:38 PM »
Sign me up. Been itching to join one of these since last year!
"Gashongs men! Tgish!"

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 12:00:37 AM »
Time to try for back to back wins :)
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 04:48:17 PM »
Here's hoping I can get in on this one, my January work schedule is terrible though
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 05:00:33 PM »

Dilbert, we have our first target ^^

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 07:06:16 PM »

Dilbert, we have our first target ^^

*nods*

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
Just posted the list of power-ups now so players can mull over them before the Rumble thread literally  explodes. Added a new 5 point power up this year!

The wrestler list WILL be posted 9-11 AM on January 20th (my time). Good luck.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »
Note to self:  3MB may not be the best pick this year.  Although Jinder pulled the upset from hell eliminating Taker last year

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +320/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »
Could you clarify a few things for me, Neil?

Reroll tokens: only reroll your own rolls, or just your own attacks, or attacks against you?

Ready to Rumble and Rope-a-Dope say that they MAY BE used, in all caps like that. Does this mean that they randomly won't work or that you'll choose not to use them to nullify an epic upset? I can't think of a situation where I wouldn't want to use an elimination canceler.
"You're no fun." -Creed
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 03:15:16 PM »
Could you clarify a few things for me, Neil?

Reroll tokens: only reroll your own rolls, or just your own attacks, or attacks against you?

Ready to Rumble and Rope-a-Dope say that they MAY BE used, in all caps like that. Does this mean that they randomly won't work or that you'll choose not to use them to nullify an epic upset? I can't think of a situation where I wouldn't want to use an elimination canceler.

A wrestler can use 1 reroll to reroll all the dice they just rolled (doesn't matter what the roll is for). This can't be done when making any kind of attack against a wrestler that has a HS of 6-7. Only HS 5 wrestlers can reroll their RECOVERY ROLL.

MAY BE as in if you are auto eliminated and have ROPE-A-DOPE and RUMBLE ROYALTY, your wrestler will use their ROPE-A-DOPE to save themself. It's always in the wrestlers best interest for what is used.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:22:26 PM by Neil Swint »

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +320/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 05:25:32 PM »
Thank you, Neil.

I have a personal request, and if it's too much trouble, don't hesitate to say no. You typically note when recovery powerups are used, but not when rerolls are. This makes it incredibly difficult to gauge the effectiveness of buying reroll tokens and The Ric Flair Special. Would it be too much trouble to note in the log when reroll tokens are used?
"You're no fun." -Creed

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 02:30:05 PM »
I have thought about that in the past. Rerolls are pretty plentiful in the Rumble, and they can be gained when making a RECOVERY. But taking note of when everyone is used is simply too much work to do and it would also terribly impede playing out the Rumble itself.

Rerolls are a solid cheap power-up and they are used all the time in the Rumble. You can reroll your attack, your empty the ring attempt, your double team attempt and your save roll (and your RECOVERY if your wrestlers has HS5). Pretty good. But 100 rerolls will not stop you from being auto eliminated. If you want to do a heavy reroll strat, I strongly suggest giving auto elimination protection to safeguard the points you spend on rerolls. But you could also go heavy rerolls (no Ric Flair Special) and place that wrestler near the end of the rumble with one of the big 4-5 point power-ups and hope for no auto elimination.

Really, its the Royal Rumble and anything will happen. The only thing I am 75% sure of is dilbert505 will be one of the final four.

I am getting pumped for this. Also the SURPRISE ENTRANT pool this year is gonna be kinda small. But it is going to be very feast or famine. You will get a wrestler worth 0-2, or a wrestler worth a grip.

Lastly, because I don't want to leave it to chance, JAKE "THE SNAKE" ROBERTS will be a normal selectable wrestler. SOMEBODY PICK JAKE!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:32:13 PM by Neil Swint »

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 10:05:08 PM »
As long as Dilbert sticks to our plan, one of us has to win this. 

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »
The last note about this Rumble.

You can still only pick 1-3 wrestlers like normal. But this year however you can choose The Wyatt Family. You get Bray, Erick, Luke and Bryan. Yes, 4 wrestlers instead of 3. But this group is worth 11 points and they cost 12, all your points. Bray, Erick and Luke are HS tanks. If WWE breaks Bryan away from The Wyatt's before the Rumble I will still be keeping this 4 wrestler group together.

Something to mull over as you pre-plan your Rumble strats.

Not sure if that alters Rein's and dilbert's plan of collusion. #collusion.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 12:31:31 PM »
Soooo theoretically if I choose the Wyatts and Dilbert picks 3 other guys, we have 7 guys which greatly increases our odds :p 

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »
Soooo theoretically if I choose the Wyatts and Dilbert picks 3 other guys, we have 7 guys which greatly increases our odds :p 

I was thinking along the same lines, but in reverse. I suppose I could take the other side of that equation, since then I'd get powerups, which the Wyatt Family wouldn't get.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »
If they're there you can go for them.  I've already got a certain individual picked out to carry us to victory, I wont spoil it but I will say...WE, THE PEOPLE.

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »
If they're there you can go for them.  I've already got a certain individual picked out to carry us to victory, I wont spoil it but I will say...WE, THE PEOPLE.

Interesting. See... I started thinking... that it might... be smart... to pick someone... who has success... out of proportion with his... charisma. Adding some jobbers... to protect him... might be the... winning strategy.

(I have a great idea for a themed team. I just have to get there first.)

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +320/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »
Interesting. See... I started thinking... that it might... be smart... to pick someone... who has success... out of proportion with his... charisma. Adding some jobbers... to protect him... might be the... winning strategy.

You're picking Ken Shamrock?
"You're no fun." -Creed