Author Topic: Discussion Thread: 8th Annual TCO Royal Rumble (SPOILERS!!!)  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Discussion Thread: 8th Annual TCO Royal Rumble (SPOILERS!!!)
« on: January 24, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »
Making this a separate thread to avoid spoiling the Rumble results, and then I'll merge it with the Rumble thread sometime tomorrow.

The slot machine had a good spin, but Preferential Treatment let us down at #21 instead of #28 or 29. If Warrior had come into an emptier ring, he really could have taken it.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion Thread: 8th Annual TCO Royal Rumble (SPOILERS!!!)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »
I found myself a disappointed 'viewer' (no disrespect on the game, mind you)... Daniel Bryan is out for like 4 minutes, but we get more Rock & Cena than is necessary!   :D  I can already hear the crowd chanting like the end of Summerslam, haha.

Good job, kudos to the person who smartly got Cena.. he does, after all, always win.  :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Suicidal_Sephiroth

• +30/-30
  • The Following Sephy is Rated R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »
The Champ....is...Here!!! Got some lucky rolls, just reading the spoilers towards the end got my blood pumping too. Got a pretty early number too, all that hustling seemed to help. Was a great read. Do feel kinda bad for Creed though, not many of the wyatt's stayed in there very long. Surprised that Bryan was tossed out so quickly. But as it's said, Cena wins no big shocker there. Although it has made me listen to his theme for a good portion of the day.
If you're interested in watching some rpg's or action games feel free to follow my twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/sephiroth_strife

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-32
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 05:49:49 PM »
Batista did work. Would deff say that if I came in later in the Rumble it would have been mine. Good job Seph! Till next event
2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion!

2018 Supershow World Champion!

2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

Offline njbrock22

• +10/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »
so for like the 3rd time in a row for me... 2 of my guys enter in the first 5... and are out once Cena hits the ring *sigh*... would have thought Barrett COULD win considering how late he came in... but a certain Giant coming in at the end didn't help that.. oh well 2nd time having one of the final 4 for me... one day... one day...

N.J.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 10:02:34 PM »
Don't blame me Rollins went after Cena

Queensryche

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:27:50 PM »
This Rumble, my intent was to do something bold rather than try and win it. Hence why I immediately went after The Ric Flair Special and loaded power-ups onto CM Punk. I consider myself satisfied, especially considering the fact that I tied a record in doing so.

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:57:44 PM »
One of these days...

I couldn't find the first three Rumbles on here, but I looked back through every Rumble and Rumble-type event I could find, and I've finished runner-up 3 times, and 3rd-last, 4th-last, 5th-last, and 6-last once each. At this point, I'm thinking I'll need to find a way to get all 30 characters if I ever want to win.  :P
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 10:17:07 AM »
Oh well, I just kind of grabbed the Rock on a lark since most of who I wanted was already taken lol. I do always enjoy doing these though.
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.