Everything Else > ...the revolution will not be verified.

Change for the better

(1/6) > >>

Queensryche:
The European Court of Justice rules that a person's sexual orientation is a valid reason for seeking asylum in the European Union.

"A person’s sexual orientation is a characteristic so fundamental to his identity that he should not be forced to renounce it" - THANK YOU ECJ. Clearly you guys get it

Illinois Legislators approve gay marriage. The governor has said he will sign the bill.

Hawaii is also going to approve gay marriage. That'll bring the total number of states that have entered the 21st Century to 16.

Who says the media never reports good news?

The Softcore Legend:
Not afraid to rock the boat with a bold statement are you?  I like that, an I agree with you. :)

Queensryche:

--- Quote from: The Softcore Legend on November 13, 2013, 04:50:45 AM ---Not afraid to rock the boat with a bold statement are you?  I like that, an I agree with you. :)

--- End quote ---

Nope, not afraid at all.

Keep in mind the state I live in is one of those that hasn't entered the 21st century. The eastern and western portions of PA would be for gay marriage, but almost everyone in the middle is to the right of Attila The Hun, so it'll be a while I think.

piperspitt:
Your time will come. If you're in that much of a hurry just get married in another state and have your reception at home.  That's what my wife and I did when we couldn't get married in California. Rather than bash people that didn't agree with our opinion, we just found a way to make it work.  Very few people care about who somebody wants to be with, people tend to over simplify people's differing opinions and many times with false reasoning.

ins9145:

--- Quote from: Queensryche on November 13, 2013, 07:16:59 AM ---The eastern and western portions of PA would be for gay marriage, but almost everyone in the middle is to the right of Attila The Hun, so it'll be a while I think.

--- End quote ---
I do not want to start an argument here, but I feel that I need to say something.  I do not believe in same sex marriage, but here in Illinois it is now the law.  I respect that the people that who wanted this, and I respect that they want to enjoy the same privileges as everyone.  I respect the fact that their sexual orientation is their belief, all I ask is that my beliefs get respected as well.  I am l not Attila for believing this way, my belief is as much a part of me as their belief is a part of them.  It seems to me that more and more people are saying if you do not follow the beliefs of today, you are not entitled to speak your mind.  Forgive me but the Constitution says we all have the right to speak our minds, and to believe as we choose.  So, my point is that I respect your belief that this is a good thing, all I ask is that you respect mine as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version