Author Topic: "12 Rounds" and "I Have 'Til FIVE!"  (Read 820 times)

Offline PABLOOD

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
"12 Rounds" and "I Have 'Til FIVE!"
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:24:13 AM »

The question is, these cards go directly to the ring, regardless of fortitude???

12 Rounds
Mid-match Action: Movie
During your turn when this card is in your Backlash, you may put it in your Ring.
Once before each player's Draw Segment, put up to 1 card from your Ringside under this card.
ACE: During your turn when you have 12 cards under this card, put up to 3 cards from your Ringside into your hand, put all cards under this card on the bottom of your Arsenal, shuffle up to 12 cards removed from the game and up to 12 cards in your Ringside into your Arsenal, and then remove this card from the game.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo

I Have 'Til FIVE!
Mid-match Action
When your Submission, Hold, or card with "maintain" in the title or text is reversed, and you have not played a card with 'panic' in the title this turn, put this card from your Backlash into your Ring and overturn 5 cards; the maneuver is successful, it is not reversed, and your opponent's non-F: 0 reversals to that card are +5F; after damage is applied, end your turn.  When your maneuver has "apply" in the title, put up to 5 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

Online dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: "12 Rounds" and "I Have 'Til FIVE!"
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:25:46 AM »
Yes. "Put" effects do not require you to meet the play requirements of the card, so for 12 Rounds and I Have til Five, the fortitude value is essentially there for thematic purposes only. When they are in your ring, they do fill a mid-match slot unless you've done something else to modify that (and 12 Rounds can't be modified, either), but they can just be popped into your Ring immediately, in the one case, and as soon as you fulfill the requirements, in the other.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:27:47 AM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 09:47:06 AM »
Correct.  Fortitude is only checked when playing a card.  We could have made them F: 0 and they would work the same, but it seemed more thematic to use the number for Fortitude (especially for Movie cards, since we sort of kept the old numbering system)

Original Movie Promo cards: F:0 - F:6
Origins/GenCon Promos: F:7 - F:8
The Condemned: F:9
See No Evil: F:10
The Marine: F:11
12 Rounds: F:12   (perfect fit!)
Behind Enemy Lines: F:13
Ready to Rumble: F:14
They Live: F:15
Princess Bride: F:16   (worked well for Andre's 8 theme!)

(Yeah, we didn't follow this for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's cards, but it worked out better anyway, heh)

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline PABLOOD

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 06:34:43 PM »

thanks, now is clear...