Poll

Why did you start playing Raw Deal?

Because it's a WWE Product, and I'm a fan of the WWE.
19 (19.4%)
Because it's a wrestling game, and I'm a fan of Wrestling.
32 (32.7%)
Because of how the game played.
15 (15.3%)
Because of the prizes that were available.
2 (2%)
Because friends played, and I wanted to play with them.
24 (24.5%)
Other (Please post below)
6 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: September 24, 2013, 01:59:41 PM

Author Topic: Why did you start playing Raw Deal?  (Read 18191 times)

Offline Xaverus

• +1/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Why did you start playing Raw Deal?
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »
Heroclix and VS slowed down at our shop and "Team Paladin" asked for Raw Deal and we got hooked to the point of no return.  My first was YFH and it was the first time I could smash people in a game.  I must have spent $300 on SS2 looking for a Last Ride before I found one on eBay...

Offline mWo

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 01:52:41 AM »
Mates loved WWF and dragged me into it. Now I'm the only one who still plays.
mWo 4 Life

Offline TIV0413

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 09:41:08 AM »
I was a huge WWF fan and raw deal was the main game played at my card shop. Played it once and got hooked.

Offline Ace Rimmer

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 08:34:27 PM »
I was a huge WWF fan and raw deal was the main game played at my card shop. Played it once and got hooked.

You and me both, brother.
"34124-No officer with false teeth should attempt oral sex in zero gravity." -Kryten (RED DWARF)
BRAWNDO: Win at forum posting!

Offline rawdeal21

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »
Last 2 weeks of high school, cutting class, art teacher was playing with other kids, I seen a Tazz deck (favorite wrestler at the time) instantly hooked in...  Had 11 local friends playing and now we are 3... great 11 yrs of playing so far

Offline Broly

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 08:13:07 AM »
Played DBZ and Magic in 2002ish at a card shop when I was 10 or so noticed some people playing it and I was a huge WWF fan so naturally picked up raw deal as well

Offline stucket

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 06:00:22 AM »
Loved the game when i was a young boy. got a cactus jack starter deck after watching my neighbours play.

Offline Whitescorpion

• I don't read emails and spam Antigoth repeatedly.
  • +1/-34
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 12:58:05 PM »
My friend wanted to play Magic: the Gathering, but we were mocking the geekiness of MTG and decided to play Raw Deal first. We obviously eventually played Magic though ... ;D

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 05:40:58 PM »
My friend Albert first got in to the game. Being a huge Hunter mark at the time, I ended up getting the HHH/Jericho tin and it all kind of took off from there with me buying my first Fully Loaded box with that tin and I was hooked.

I've dabbled in other card games but between CAH, poker and Raw Deal, my fondest memories have always been with Raw Deal. 
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline Matt

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 02:26:59 AM »
When me and my ex schoolmates were 16. We use to try out wwe moves on each other in school. This is in 2000. One day, after school we went to hang around at the hall.. we walked into a hobby shop and thats when we discovered the greatest gift to mankind.... RAW DEAL... :laugh:

Offline rocky_iwata

• +11/-20
  • Danny Dichioooooooooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 11:17:17 AM »
I found Stone Cold deck on a store shelf and I snap bought it when there were literally no Raw Deal player at all at my home country. I started to find players around Fully Loaded release and it got a lot better after that.

When I permanently moved to Canada, I basically stopped playing MTG for Raw Deal full time.
That guy with a long lastname.....

TFC! (CLAP CLAP CLAP!)

Offline Daddy

• 2005 Texas Shoot Out Champ
  • +32/-24
  • Who's Your Daddy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »
Any chance we can reopen these polls for those of us who may not have had a chance to vote previously?
MediaHardcore.com (Content coming soon!)

Offline teamzissou

• +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 06:30:30 PM »
I was playing other card games and saw the Hogan starter on the shelf. I thought to my self, "If I ever get into that game I'll only buy that starter and make a solid Hogan deck." Everyone stopped playing the DBZ card game I loved and my best card friend started playing Raw. Just so I had a game to play with him I did get that Hogan starter and was fixed on only playing him. It only went down (I mean up) hill from there. Best card game I've ever played, and I've almost played all of them at some point. I actually had an A-train deck at one point! That's how great this game is!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »
I actually had an A-train deck at one point! That's how great this game is!

Hey, man, don't diss Train. He got me to top 4 in Canada before I played horrifically and jobbed to SuicidalSephiroth.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline teamzissou

• +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2014, 10:30:42 PM »
Train isn't bad at all it's just that, in my group, he was one of those weird wrestlers no one really liked or cared for. He was more of a fun joke for us, like one of our players who had Goldust. The guy couldn't play a game with him without being creepy as hell.

Offline Parkmania

• +17/-20
  • Thank you Penguins!
    • View Profile
    • www.ccgscards.com
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2014, 07:28:37 AM »
Was running around Origins as I was getting geared up to start my store, saw it and being a huge wrestling fan, thought it would be a natural choice. Later found out that beergod, PEsh01, and FuryoftheStormKW, who were locals, were all big deals in the game already.
www.ccgscards.com

CCGs Cards Comics and Games - Home of the '07 Origins Revo Champ,
'07 GenCon All Axxess Champ,
'07 Stargate TCG WORLD CHAMP,
'07 GenCon WoW Lazy Peon Champ,
'07 WoW GenCon Gadgetzan Challenge Runner-Up...
and Raw Deal's official Beer God.

KEEP WATCHING FOR MORE!

Offline Jdawg2112

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2014, 03:27:58 PM »
Huge wrestle fan and stumbled into some people playing Raw Deal at a Denver convention.

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 01:22:18 PM »
Was fed up with Magic,and fell into it.
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Offline Suicidal_Sephiroth

• +30/-30
  • The Following Sephy is Rated R
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 03:06:38 PM »
I actually had an A-train deck at one point! That's how great this game is!

Hey, man, don't diss Train. He got me to top 4 in Canada before I played horrifically and jobbed to SuicidalSephiroth.

Heyyy now don't be talking like doing the J.O.B. to me is such a bad thing. You started out like a house of fire. =p  Anyways sorta similar story, was really into the DBZ CCG and it was starting to die off, i had one of the rock/austin starter tins that I just played casually with friends when they wanted to play *although we played the game horribly wrong then* I just finally decided I wanted to play back when the 2mpt was dominating t.v. and kinda forced my little card group to change games. I always leaned towards games that let you play as a character, hence dbz and raw deal were my favorite games.
If you're interested in watching some rpg's or action games feel free to follow my twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/sephiroth_strife

Offline CactusJack2003

• +1/-16
  • YOU KNOW IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 01:03:35 AM »
I had just moved from one NYC borough to another and didn't know anyone, except for one person. This person (TCO member 'Doctor Barone') invited me to come hang out with some of his friends at a local card shop. When I asked what they did there, he said they played a game called Raw Deal. Now I was a big wrestling fan and he knew this, so he promised I would enjoy myself.

I'll never forget getting there for one of the weekly Saturday tournaments. The action was great and we only had a small group of about 8 people playing that day. I immediately loved it. I bought an Eddie Guerrero starter deck, borrowed some key cards from my friend, and bought an Ultimo Rechazo from another kid we played with. From there, I became obsessed and wouldn't miss a tournament if I didn't absolutely have to. I even got to experience some of the action at bigger tournaments at Neutral Ground in NYC. Those were the days.

I can honestly say Raw Deal helped break me out of being a shy kid at a time where I really needed friends. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.

Offline redben

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2015, 08:35:32 AM »
I was a big pro-wrestling fan and a tabletop gamer. I bought a couple of starters from Premium edition but didn't get into playing properly until Fully Loaded when a couple of friends introduced me to the local group.

Offline Womp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2015, 08:29:54 PM »
Because I saw this crazy guy at work playing it (Antigoth) and the rest is history!

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 11:41:13 AM »
Way back when, I played yugioh at a local game shop and there were a few guys there who played DBZ. They brought me in since I had DBZ cards as well to teach me and turns out they also played Raw Deal. Growing up and watching wrestling really got me interested and so I started playing. Unfortunately school took over my life a little after Unforgiven came about so I quit until about a year ago when I found out about Virtual! Extremely excited and trying to educate myself on everything so I can be competitive again! Haha

Offline Caowens77

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2015, 09:25:22 AM »
I'd been working wrestling shows with some of the Colorado guys (announcer, photographer & extra) for a bit & saw a couple of them playing. When I got back to the Springs I had my boss order a starter pack & a box of boosters to try in the shop. Those sold well & we got more & more. Still have my original Triple H starters in my deck.

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2015, 10:52:17 AM »
Well I have been a wrestling fan all my life, had played a couple CCGs before and this one just kinda drew me in. Loved it then, still love it now even though I don't really play anymore.  ;D

My fondest memory of a tournament I didn't win in, was making the top cut with Back to the Basics Billy Gunn during Armageddon. lol
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!