Poll

How much Raw Deal do you own? (Chose the one that is closest to your collection)

I have a master set (at least 3 of all non-uniques, and 1 of every unique)
11 (22.4%)
I own a lot (20,000+ cards)
12 (24.5%)
I own a bunch (5,000+ -20,000 cards)
14 (28.6%)
I have some characters, and a few decks (500+ -5,000)
8 (16.3%)
I kept a couple of decks
0 (0%)
I'm part of a shared collection, but don't own any cards by myself.
0 (0%)
I borrow cards from someone else (They own the collection, but lend me cards when needed)
0 (0%)
I own no Raw Deal, but am still interested in the game.
1 (2%)
I own no Raw Deal, but still love the TCO Community.
1 (2%)
What is Raw Deal? (What am I doing here?)
2 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: September 24, 2013, 12:35:35 PM

Author Topic: How much Raw Deal do you own?  (Read 7074 times)

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
How much Raw Deal do you own?
« on: August 25, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »
I'm curious about where the current Raw Deal Player Base stands from a collection standpoint.

Feel free to add comments to your vote.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: How much Raw Deal do you own?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm pretty close to a master set, but I started playing in SS2 so I'm missing some of the classic commons and uncommons (I have 1 Propel Partner and that's just because Creed threw me one as a gag).
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »
I don't have the full 'suitcase' anymore, still have at least 1 of everything though, just not as many shared cards.  Which is fine for me anyway, since I can proxy whatever I don't have to share, heh.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »
I have full complete sets of everyone except Xpac, Fat, and Drug Hardy (all by design)

VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 01:10:49 PM »
Sold off a lot of stuff over the last two years. Still have enough staples  to build 4 decks, and I kept about 20 superstar sets to have some variety when I need it. Everything I own fits into a two row box, and staples/foils in a one row box.

Offline kingofkings_909

• Mr. RAW Deal Price Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »
I have everything! Well, almost. I have all superstar specifics and nobody shares cards, they all have there own.
Check out my trade list HERE!:
http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,7654.0.html

The proud owner of EVERY Superstar Specific card from EVERY set for EVERY Superstar!

102-0 in the buying/selling and trading section

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »
Me and my group combined our sets and did some trading to acquire a master set except for Cardboard Currency.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline njbrock22

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:21:18 PM »
if you were to ask me this Q about 5 years ago i would have said at least 30K cards... now sadly... i have MAYBE an old Restaurant storage container full of cards(about 800 cards), since my parents decided to come clean my closet out and well... there went my entire set of almost every superstar in the game... full jericho, gone; full tajiri, gone; full rikishi, gone; full Road Dogg, X-Pac & Billy, gone... *Sigh*

N.J.

Offline TheGreatWhiteDope

• Raw Deal Bullet Club
    • View Profile
    • World Wrestling Insanity
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 08:52:24 PM »
I have a ton. Lots of white boxes full of PRs and rares. The problem is one year at Gencon I left a battle bag in the room with Pittman, Anthony Lurty, and Rob Tapp. The bag I left had a few deck boxes just full of random Ultras and tourney cards. Multiple ECW titles, a few of the big URs. I contacted Tapp about a week later after Ric had said he thought Rob picked the bag up. Rob told me he'd ship it back and then.....nothing. Lost tons of random sets, titles, and heavy URs. Completely sucked. I still have a pretty big set, but I'm missing some decent "power ultras" and shared cards that everyone always wants and are hard to come by.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:54:50 PM by TheGreatWhiteDope »
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 09:16:36 PM »
I was at "A lot," and am down to "A bunch," after giving away mass quantities of commons, uncommons, PRs, and average rares a couple different times to a couple people to get them more involved in the game. Still have most of what I need to build several decks at a time, and could build a deck (note: not "a good deck," but a deck) for any superstar in the game.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:27 PM »
I used to have mountains but when I moved across the country, I sold all the rares/URs to VelaCards and threw away all the commons
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 02:35:03 PM »
I have every deck current built through SNME no shared cards. I also have a master set just for the binder. I have The Wrestlemania promo decks, and all sigs except for Triple H and Orton.  I probably have one of the top 5 collections in the world.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 02:57:37 PM »
I have a couple.  ;D

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline winternorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »
i'm about 20 or so cards off of a master set (granted its mostly the $50+ stuff which i'm almost but not quite OK with never getting my hands on).

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 07:31:11 PM »
I have a master set. I have 3 of all the cards you can have 3 of (and how many ever number of the cards you can play more then three of) then at least one copy of unique cards (so most multi logo URs are shared). I don't have versions of every set, so I don't have one copy of every UR every time it was reprinted, but if the picture changed I have how many ever of that card you need. I also have all the foil versions of the SS1 and SS3 commons, uncommons, and rares. So for example I have 18 copies of Manager Interferes (x3 original, x3 SS1, x3 SS1 foil, x3 SS2, x3 SS3, and x3 SS3 foil) because the picture changed each time.

I sold off all my extras but even though I don't get to play I'll probably never sell off my collection.

Offline unknown_soldier78

• Mamajawma.com (I could watch CHL 100x still laugh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »
I have a decent collection doubles of some of the hard to get cards but at least of the others But I don't use them I am thinking of selling them because what is the point with creed and team making fantasy cards. Keeping this awesome game alive. those sought after cards are just collecting dust. I can't seem to figure how to build a good angle or kane deck.

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 06:17:07 PM »
1 20 page album of superstar sets
1 ruthless aggression box of rares/TKs/promos/holiday set cards
1 yugioh 2 row carrier case with commons/uncommons
a few small plastic seal bags (mainly recycled deck protector plastic bags) with my Heat, Blindside, B2B etc lots

all in all, keeping it extremely lean but with enough staples to build 1 good deck
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:25:01 PM by LordFa9 »
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline Rein

• Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 10:59:46 PM »
Ok, who's the other smartass that voted with me on What's Raw Deal?

Offline Rio D

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 05:16:06 AM »
I have almost every card in the game.  I have a "master set" of all the none UR cards.  But never kept more than 12 copies of each card unless I knew they would go in every deck.  But as far as UR's go, I have a copy of every superstar in the game, but I dont have a full set of all of them.

Offline mWo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 01:53:44 AM »
A bunch. Decent playing set but not full.
mWo 4 Life

Offline Ace Rimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 08:33:58 PM »
I own a bunch, never had a master set. But I always had what I needed to make the decks I wanted to make.
"34124-No officer with false teeth should attempt oral sex in zero gravity." -Kryten (RED DWARF)
BRAWNDO: Win at forum posting!

Offline TIV0413

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 12:27:57 AM »
if you were to ask me this Q about 5 years ago i would have said at least 30K cards... now sadly... i have MAYBE an old Restaurant storage container full of cards(about 800 cards), since my parents decided to come clean my closet out and well... there went my entire set of almost every superstar in the game... full jericho, gone; full tajiri, gone; full rikishi, gone; full Road Dogg, X-Pac & Billy, gone... *Sigh*

N.J.

Wow. I'd be livid! That sucks!!! I got pissed when I dropped one of my higher dollar rares in water a few years ago, I'd be so pissed about that.

RIP in peace.

Offline rocky_iwata

• Danny Dichioooooooooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
So many good stuffs, almost complete master set and so on, and so many janks are still with me.
That guy with a long lastname.....

TFC! (CLAP CLAP CLAP!)

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 02:38:35 AM »
Having lots of cards can be a hassle especially with storage and retrival.. therefore now i'd just stick to the likes of whats "valuable" for example(slide the image):
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:15:52 PM by Matt »

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 05:41:01 AM »
Having lots of cards can be a hassle especially with storage and retrival.. therefore now i'd just stick to the likes of whats "valuable" for example:

I fixed your tags to be able to show an image, but you need to copy the full url with the image name, and image extension type.