Author Topic: Questions About the GREAT KHALIIIIIIIIIII  (Read 786 times)

Offline bloop26

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
Questions About the GREAT KHALIIIIIIIIIII
« on: August 09, 2013, 03:03:35 AM »
Hey guys, just a few questions to clarify my doubts.

For:

Backed by Jinder Mahal
Backstage Card

(snip) Your opponent cannot prevent you from playing your Superstar-specific Pre-match cards, and when they would be removed from the game or put in your ring instead. (snip)

Am I allowed to play san diego, drop his 3 specific pre-matches and they auto bounce into ring?

For:

The Punjabi Playboy
Pre-match Event

(snip) When your ability is blank, his successfully played reversals are blank and deal no damage. (snip)

How would this interact with my opponent's reversals? For example, Road to Victory, Undermine, Going nowhere fast. How would i determine which part of the card is blanked.

For example, Going nowhere fast requires my opponent to drop 2 non-hybrid reversals. Does that mean my opponent does not require to drop 2? or how?

Likewise for other scenarios, do advise! So sorry, kind of confused.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Questions About the GREAT KHALIIIIIIIIIII
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 07:13:22 AM »
I don't understand what you mean by 'what part of the card would be blanked'.  Blanking refers to blankin g the card text, unless it says otherwise.  So if you play Revolution of the Mind, you reverse my card, but before you resolve your card text, I blank it so you can't draw 1 card.

For Nowhere Fast, this works in your favor, as you don't have to discard 2 reversals.  However, usually you're preventing any card drawing, searching, etc. that normally happens once the reversal is played.

And yes, for Backed by Jinder, San Diego works.  I built Back to Basics Khali around that concept, but it didn't work out like I'd hoped it would, lol.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline bloop26

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 09:57:09 AM »
I don't understand what you mean by 'what part of the card would be blanked'.  Blanking refers to blankin g the card text, unless it says otherwise.  So if you play Revolution of the Mind, you reverse my card, but before you resolve your card text, I blank it so you can't draw 1 card.

i see, yeah phrased it wrongly haha

For Nowhere Fast, this works in your favor, as you don't have to discard 2 reversals.  However, usually you're preventing any card drawing, searching, etc. that normally happens once the reversal is played.

isnt that worse for me, cause he reverses my maneuver WITHOUT dropping 2 reversals from hand.

And yes, for Backed by Jinder, San Diego works.  I built Back to Basics Khali around that concept, but it didn't work out like I'd hoped it would, lol.

i havent really played my khali much yet...will continue tweaking and prob post it up for more suggestions.

CREED

Offline dilbert505

• Global Moderator
  • +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 10:09:15 AM »
i see, yeah phrased it wrongly haha

isnt that worse for me, cause he reverses my maneuver WITHOUT dropping 2 reversals from hand.

For that one card, yes, it is worse. For most cards, it's better. You have to take the good with the bad here. If you want the benefits, you have to deal with the drawbacks.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.