Author Topic: Virtual 3: Remastered  (Read 3282 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Virtual 3: Remastered
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:40:44 PM »
So here we are, after hearing talk about it for months (I think its been about 2 years or so!), its time to stop talking about it and make it happen.  First off, what exactly does this consist of?  Well, it includes:

* New Superstar Cards for EVERY Virtual 3 Superstar, in the Classic format (many thanks to Prong1978 for all his help!)
* Updating some ugly logos into cleaner and crisper versions: this includes Beth Phoenix, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Bella Twins, MVP, Chris Masters, Finlay, and several others.
* Clarified wording, fixing old word choices into regular templates, such as 'When you have at least X lower Fortitude'.
* Converting all Superstar-specific Pre-match from RMS to "Cannot be blanked."
* Improving text visibility by raising the amount of texture used
* Replacing some limited-choice pictures with better choices that have become available since the original release.
* And, of course, making this all available on Lackey as well as in .doc and .pdf form for downloading.

So the big question that remains... when are we finally going to do it?  Well, to quote The Watchmen:

"...And I'll look down and whisper... 'no!'"

Wait.  That's not it.  Let's try this again...

"'Do it'?  Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain....  I did it thirty-five minutes ago."  :)

That's right, its all already in place!  The Virtual 3 text spoiler has been updated, the .docs and .pdfs are already uploaded (as well as the files from other sets with Revised cards, by the way), Flickr is updated with the images, and Lackey files are already in place.  :)

....so for those of you for whom that STILL isn't enough, the last obvious question is "Okay, but what about the Virtual Survivor Series you keep posting about, Creed?"  Well, that's next up... and rather than just keep spoiling cards and not making them available for download, what I'll do is find a stopping point, where it fills up # document pages, and we'll call that Round One or something.  I plan to make this happen before next weekend, I'll post when it is done.

Meanwhile, here's a few samples of the new Virtual Superstar Cards!

Enjoy everyone!  Have a great week!

CREED
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:52:51 PM by CreedP »
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Bogus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual 3: Remastered
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »
OMG! THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

Thanks for the great work that have you done since 2007/2008

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:13:37 PM »
Bella Twins Superstar card:

"you may discard additional 1 card"

Shouldn't that be either "you may discard an additional 1 card" or "you may discard 1 additional card"?
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 10:20:03 PM »
Yeah, sighs, we'll fix that later.  You can tell what it does, even with the grammar error, lol.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »
Looks really awesome, who handles the graphic work ?
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

The SRG B-O double S, your 2 minute man, always rollin, never trollin, straight out of GrandMachines basement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-going-over-srg-universe

”Going Over” is live 2/23/20

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 10:27:53 PM »
I do the majority of it, but Prong1978 handled the updated Superstar Cards and a lot of the overhauled logos.  I think TimJR, the new Revolution guy, tossed in a couple logos as well.  :)

CREED

Offline Pain-razor

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 07:37:19 AM »
So this Christmas in July isn't a myth after all!!! Phenomenal work gentlemen!!!

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 07:58:26 AM »
If I recall correctly, I only did the new Johnny Nitro logo :D Sweet work as always, gentlemen! Looking forward to reprinting some of these!
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-32
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 08:28:26 AM »
Does this mean i'm going to be getting an all new Sexy Genetic Jackhammer picture?????
2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion!

2018 Supershow World Champion!

2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 08:41:33 AM »
Does this mean i'm going to be getting an all new Sexy Genetic Jackhammer picture?????

The answer to your question can be found here: http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,5753.0.html

Check the V3 downloads.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 09:02:20 AM »
No, not a new picture, but a cleaner one.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 09:08:43 AM »
No, not a new picture, but a cleaner one.

Much cleaner...

Again, to publicly echo the sentiments said before, well done guys! We appreciate all your hard work to make these Virtual Cards as authentic as possible and keeping this game we all love going.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
I think managed by Eric bischoff tb is missing from the set.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 12:11:24 PM »
It isn't missing from the set,  no.  Are you saying it is missing in a file or Lackey or Flickr ...?

CREED

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 12:17:24 PM »
DebuRaito's quite right. Managed by Eric TB doesn't appear in either the DOC or PDF of V3's non-Superstar-specific cards.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 12:26:16 PM »
Thanks, that's clearer  :)

Sorry about that, I will fix this after work.

CREED

Offline Smudge

• +1/-4
  • Good at mountain climbing, guitar solos and lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »
These look absolutely incredible.

Just a quick question, what is the reasoning behind changing from the RMS logo? Am I being silly and missing something obvious?
"Temperamental, passionate and impulsive all are terms by which Martyn would be known were he not larger than everyone else. Since he is, though, he is simply "the fat one.".

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »
You can't modify RMS cards, even if you want that to happen.  For example, if you have the Undisputed Title Throwback, which lets your Pre-match and Mid-match not take up slots, that's a card modification and won't work on RMS cards.

This way, you can protect your cards from blanking modifications from an opponent, while allowing pleasant modifications you DO want.  :)

Also, the RMS symbol itself has been improved, along with the Throwback and ACE logos (thanks again to Prong!)... and the remastered cards have the upgraded symbols.

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 05:28:20 PM »
DebuRaito's quite right. Managed by Eric TB doesn't appear in either the DOC or PDF of V3's non-Superstar-specific cards.

This is now corrected.   :)

CREED

Offline Prong1978

• The Stadium - Bay City, MI
  • TCO Donor
  • +163/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 07:34:54 PM »
The Champ (John Cena Remake):

Cena's fingers are in front of the Hand Size shield.  Putting any part of the picture in front of the shield is rarely if ever done.  Way to do things your way, Cena.

Original owner of the one and only Kurt Angle Backstage Signature card.

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 07:58:05 PM »
The Champ (John Cena Remake):

Cena's fingers are in front of the Hand Size shield.  Putting any part of the picture in front of the shield is rarely if ever done.  Way to do things your way, Cena.

So you're telling me Cena doesn't believe in the shield?  :P

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 08:56:25 PM »
Very much so.  ;)

Also, this is fixed now, and replaced in the .doc and .pdf:

CREED