Everything Else > Hero Of the Day

HotD: Wendy Davis

(1/3) > >>

Antigoth:
Wendy Davis

https://twitter.com/TheDoeOrTheDeer/status/349736639293165568

"I've peed 12 times since Wendy started speaking... She hasn't. At all. That alone, grants superhero status. #istandwithwendy"

While CNN is talking about Muffins, and Fox News is talking about the origins of the name "North West" real news is being made in Texas, where the republicans are making up new laws as they please, and finally around 1am figured out how to cut off the live feed cameras that was showing the insanity in action.

Go google the name, and read up on one Women's stand against one states oppression of her entire gender.

Oh... and this is on the same day that 2 hours after SCOTUS strikes down the voter rights legislation, Texas immediately implements legislation that the DOJ had previously blocked through the legislation SCOTUS struck down.

What an interesting day.

piperspitt:
While I think this woman is an amazing talent who stands by her convictions and will not give up, calling an "oppression on an entire gender" is a slap in the face to people that have really been oppressed. Most woman in the west hemisphere are living life better than women anywhere in history. It's mis-use of language like that, that make politics more divisive and hateful. Calling things what they really are rather than embellishing for shock, insult, or misinforming is a closer path to compromising solutions.

Buddha Dudley:

--- Quote from: piperspitt on June 26, 2013, 07:00:28 AM ---While I think this woman is an amazing talent who stands by her convictions and will not give up, calling an "oppression on an entire gender" is a slap in the face to people that have really been oppressed.

--- End quote ---

It's hyperbole... And as a person in public office, of course she is prone to it. If she had said "woman's right to choose" as opposed to "entire gender" would you still have the same problem with her, J?

But don't let that one quote stand in the way of this woman who's fighting for what she believes in. I have no shame in stating right here that Wendy Davis is more of a man than I am... I'd have quit 2 hours in... My body hurts all over just THINKING about standing and talking for 13 hours.

KD8ESU:

--- Quote from: Buddha Dudley on June 26, 2013, 07:53:43 AM ---I have no shame in stating right here that Wendy Davis is more of a man than I am... I'd have quit 2 hours in... My body hurts all over just THINKING about standing and talking for 13 hours.

--- End quote ---

Eh, Rand Paul's was 1,000,000x more interesting. (I should know, I saved it on my computer).

And as for Antigoth, the "oppressed women" comment is really in bad taste.
For example, in numerous Middle Eastern countries, women lack any rights.  China forces women to have abortions via law.  Let us not forget the global human trafficking pandemic going on right now.  That's not even bring up that REAL Slavery of all genders still exist in many African countries.
Fight the real fight about "oppressed women" is all I'm saying.

Also, Fox News was taking about the NSA leaker and the IRS targeting Conservative groups, for the record.  EVERYONE knows North West is a stupid name.

Antigoth:
While things are shitty outside of North America, we can't use that to justify ignoring shitty things inside North America.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version