Author Topic: "Reprints"  (Read 888 times)

Offline AlexThymia

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
"Reprints"
« on: April 13, 2013, 02:36:37 PM »
Btw, if in wrong section, apologies, move to wherever it needs to be.

Anyways, I saw a post on here a bit ago about someone wanting people to make updated Superstar Cards, then Creed said they discourage others doing that, and locked the topic. But it got me wondering, has anyone (guys who actually work on the game) thought about doing something like that though? Like just redoing some cards in a SS Reprint type of deal? We have all the choices in the world for Face Cards for guys like Benoit, Jericho, Angle, etc. But then there's the one Punk card, one Owen, etc. I'm not saying to redo all their cards or anything. That would be ridiculous. But like, maybe throw out a .doc/.pdf with some updated Superstar Cards for Virtual, and maybe even some CI Printed guys (Lesnar, Orton, etc).

Note, this is just a thought more, not really a request. I know you guys are busy with doing new cards, playtesting, life outside the game, what have you. Just came to mind cause I saw that post from earlier, and saw a Lesnar Face Card on Google the other day that was updated to his current look, and I thought it looked cool, but was looking for something else and bybassed it. It may have been from someone here even, idk. Anyways, yeah. I'm done.

-Alex

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: "Reprints"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 03:00:15 PM »
It's utterly infeasible to constantly update the Superstar cards to the guys' current looks. We'd never have time to do anything else.

As for other people redoing Superstar cards... that opens the door to transcription errors (I've seen a card that said "Taunted by Cheating Fans" instead of "Taunted by Chanting Fans". How do the fans cheat?!) and will bring a bevvy of "well, you let X do Y, why can't I do Z?" The best solution for everyone and for the integrity of the game is to just shut the door on it universally.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 03:38:12 PM »
Granted, people still make their own version of Superstar cards - check older threads in Fantasy Cards for some various versions of people's concepts.  And while you CAN print them off and play with them between friends or whatever (just like using the Avengers Raw Deal Superstars, etc.) they wouldn't be tournament-legal as such for the reasons Daeva outlined.

Keep in mind that we ARE planning a Virtual Survivor Series in the not-so-distant future, where the more popular cards get new pictures, and Virtual 3 is being revised to (finally!) have the 'classic' style Superstar cards... as well as cleaning up some card images, Superstar logos, etc...  More news on that when it becomes available...

But we're not against making some 'updated' Superstar cards along the way, where possible.  Obviously there's no new, updated look for Latino Cheat, Chyna Doll, Four Horsemen, Ultimate Warrior, etc... but we can do what we can here and there.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline AlexThymia

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 05:05:57 PM »
Oh nice. I didn't know there was a planned SS set eventually. That's cool to know. And I know I can go and find some in the Fantasy Cards section (have thought about them Avengers haha) but I was more interested in a more "official" set of cards made. I wasn't talking about other people making the cards. If that were the case, I'd make them myself. Haha. And of course to always update the cards would be ridiculous. That falls into the "why can't THQ/2K/whoever update the models in the WWE games when someone gets a new shirt/tattoo/haircut/etc." argument.

But hey, if something is already lightweight being planned out, sweet. Sounds good to me. I look forward to seeing it whenever you guys are able to get it out. And will be looking out for news when it becomes available.

-Alex

Offline The Softcore Legend

• +89/-107
  • Have a Nice Day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 06:02:41 AM »

Keep in mind that we ARE planning a Virtual Survivor Series in the not-so-distant future, where the more popular cards get new pictures, and Virtual 3 is being revised to (finally!) have the 'classic' style Superstar cards... as well as cleaning up some card images, Superstar logos, etc...  More news on that when it becomes available...

CREED

Thank You.  This is the answer I was looking for.  Maybe an updated superstar card for every current active superstar in a Survivor Series Set.  I'm very much aware of what is legal and what is fantasy, and correct wording is very important to me.  Official updates would be greatly appreciated by the people.  I'm just glad to hear that it is in the works.