Author Topic: A Response to Mean Gene?  (Read 561 times)

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +244/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
A Response to Mean Gene?
« on: February 08, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »
Response, Respond
-A player responds to a card by playing a Reversal card, using an Activated Card Effect, or activating their Ability.
-Cards that a player may not respond to will still trigger effects from cards in the Ring or Abilities. EXAMPLE: Diamond Dallas Page will still discard for his opponent's copies of Old School Psychology when he plays It's Me...It's Me...It's D-D-P. EXAMPLE 2: Leader of the Edge Army will still draw and cause Raw Guest Host to discard when Raw Guest Host successfully plays The Price is Raw. EXAMPLE 3: Raven will still draw when Festus hits him with a maneuver protected by ....

If Hogan Hides the feather boa in his backstage area to blank a Turn the Tide protected by Interviewed by Mean Gene Okerlund, is that considered to be a response to the card? It doesn't specify hiding backstage card, though I think it would still be considered a response.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:51:15 PM by Mitch! »
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: A Response to Mean Gene?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »
It is a response, correct, so no - you can't hide Feather Boa to stop it.  Examples are not inclusive.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: A Response to Mean Gene?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »
I'll make the VFAQ entry clearer, Feathered Boa falls under activating a card.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.