Author Topic: Ultimate TCO Dungeon of Doom: The Revival  (Read 36025 times)

Queensryche

Ultimate TCO Dungeon of Doom: The Revival
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »
Alrighty then, due to demand, the TCO Dungeon of Doom is back up and running! This edition will feature some changes to the format, but it will be familiar to everyone who has or will participate. Without any further ado, here are the rules:

SECTION 1: FORMAT

1. The Dungeon of Doom is a panel competition: each round starts with the Dungeon Master asking three questions to a set of five panelists.

2. The panelists will then have 72 hours to post their responses. After all five panelists have answered their questions or 72 hours has passed, whichever comes first, the Dungeon Master will score the questions on a scale of 1 to 5. The DM may NOT repeat a score. If he scores a response as a 5, he may not score another response as a 5, and so on.

3. In the event of the Dungeon Master not scoring the responses within 48 hours after the panelists have answered or the 72 hour time limit has passed, an Emergency Dungeon Master will be tasked with scoring the rounds. Please send me a private message to put yourself in the running as an Emergency DM. Factors such as experience on the DoD and adherence to the rules will be considered.

4. After the questions have been scored, whoever has the highest score is the winner and will be the Dungeon Master for the next round. The Dungeon Master will then participate as a panelist for the next round. Everyone else who participated as a panelist must sit out one round before they are elligible to be a panelist again.

5. In the event of a tie, a tiebreaker question will be asked to the panelists that tied. They will have 48 hours to answer the tiebreaker. The Dungeon Master will then judge the answers given and declare the winner to be who, in their opinion, gave the best answer. In the event that only one person answers within 48 hours, they will automatically be declared the winner. In the event of no one answering within 48 hours, third place will be declared the winner.

6. If the winner of a round does not post his questions within 72 hours of being declared the round's winner, one of the Emergency DMs (determined by me, the Original DM) will post questions and score for that round.

SECTION 2: LAWS OF THE DoD

1. This is primarily a wresting-based discussion, so two questions MUST be about professional wrestling. One question CAN be about anything not related to pro wrestling, but this is not mandatory. You may make all three questions relate to wrestling if you so desire.

2. Toeing and crossing the line in regards to good taste (and at times poor taste) is acceptable. In fact, the original DoD (as heard on The Programme With Matt & Ben) is all about that. But please, don't vault right over the line. It's OK to be edgy and somewhat controversial, but do not ask anything which could be construed to be offensive (ie. sexist, racist, homophobic, etc.). Similarly, please do not answer a question with a response or in a manner which could seriously offend someone. Simple test: if you wouldn't say it to your mom, don't say it period.

SECTION 3: TIPS FOR PARTICIPATING

1. Every DM is different. What may amuse one DM may not amuse another as much. The key to being a multiple-round winner is knowing what the DM's tastes are and catering to them. Or failing that, pandering shamelessly to the DM. Funniness helps. But a DM might appreciate a clever answer as well.

2. For this go, I invite each DM to state what the "correct" answer would be for each of their questions. Meaning they would say what their answer would be to their own question. This is to make things looser (as well as invite more laughs).

3. Keep questions simple, to the point that they can either be answered with one sentence or require some detail (a short paragraph). Questions requiring essay-length answers..........th ey take a while to answer, which I feel is one of the reasons the original DoD thread stalled at times.

4. The primary goal of this is for comedic purposes. Serious questions are okay, but limit them. The DoD is mainly to crack jokes and act like the know-it-all smarks we all are.

And without any delay, sign-ups are open! Feel free to sign up and participate for this round! Once we have five panelists, I will post up three questions and get the DoD rolling!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:25:20 AM by Queensryche »

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
Re: Ultimate TCO Dungeon of Doom: The Revival
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:03:25 PM »
Signing up
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »
As we discussed, I'm in. One change to your revised ruleset, Section 1.2: 2. The panelists will then have 72 hours to post their responses. After all five panelists have answered their questions or 72 hours has passed, whichever comes first, the Dungeon Master will score the questions on a scale of 1 to 5. The DM may NOT repeat a score. If he scores a question response as a 5, he may not score another question response as a 5, and so on.

The way you have it worded could be taken to mean that if someone gives a five to any response to a given question, then no other reply to any question could receive a 5, and you'd run out of possible scores after 1 of 3 questions.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:31:24 PM »
Count me in, it is my destiny to win the first Ultimate DOD.  *Del Rio pose*

Offline Ekhari

• +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 10:48:38 PM »
I'll be happy to give this a try again. =)
Occupy: Mordor.  One Ring should NOT rule them all!

This signature is environmentally friendly and made from 50% recycled materials.

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 12:21:46 AM »
i'm down for another try
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline Homeless

• +69/-71
  • ROCK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 04:52:08 AM »
guess i'll call dibs for the next round.
what do you call a postman who just lost his job?
...i don't know...just some dude...

my honor, that's all i need. just my honor. and this colossus...

all those memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Queensryche

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 08:43:36 AM »
We have our five panelists for this round! They are:

Buddha Dudley
dilbert505
Rein
Ekhari
Jokerfish

Without any further delay, here are the questions:

1. What real-life musical act do you feel best represents the Three Man Band?

2. Taipei Death Match: Brutus Beefcake vs. a donkey. Who wins, and why?

3. Tonight is the NFL Pro Bowl. Unlike the other professional sports leagues, they treat their game as serious business (unlike the NBA and NHL), and there are no real stakes involved (like in Major League Baseball). This has led to a boring exhibition in which the players don't give a damn. Imagine you have the ability to change something about the Pro Bowl to improve it. What change would you make?

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 09:51:07 AM »
1. Can't sing, can't play instruments, hated by males in the 18-35 demographic, egos the size of Wisconsin, Canadian member, never put out a song worth listening to... son of a b****, 3MB is Nickelback!

2. Well, you know somethin', Mean Gene, that donkey may pack a kick, but Brother Bruti here has the Hulkster in his corner, brother, and if the millions of little Hulkamaniacs eat their prayers, drink their vitamins, and say their milk, brother, Brother Bruti and Brother Hulk, brother, are going to feed off that, brother, and then that donkey has no chance, brother.

3. Three words: Mutant League Rules.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:52:59 AM by dilbert505 »

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Ekhari

• +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
1.  Well, the correct answer has already obviously been taken, but I have to come up with something... so I think I'll go with Kanye West.  These guys have an ego almost as large as the Titanic, which I think is a littler over half the size of Kanye's.

2.  Donkey stands in the ring, waiting for his opponent, he has forgone the use of the glue and glass.  Brutus Beefcake comes to the ring using his genius new gimmick, The Coyote!  Apparently Brutus doesn't do his research to realize that donkeys tend to go after, and try to kill, coyotes.  Winner: Donkey by species rivalry!

3.  The game might be more interesting if the players had some incentive to put their all into it.  I'm thinking each player contributes to a prize pool, then each team chooses a charity, the prize money goes to the winning team's charity.  As far as getting more people interested it might be good to have signings and interviews the day of the game, things that give the fans a chance to interact with their favorite players.
Occupy: Mordor.  One Ring should NOT rule them all!

This signature is environmentally friendly and made from 50% recycled materials.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 09:02:28 PM »
1.) lets see....  3MB has no popularity before forming, all of a sudden they're annoying and people for some reason like them and no matter what they won't go away? OMG it's that talentless waste Rebecca Black!

2.) 2 words...  Donkey Punch! Now imagine that with broken glass!  A pair of shears and sheer tights can't save the Barber from the one hit destructive power!

3.) Have the Cheerleading squads of the 2 Superbowl teams meet at halftime for a Tackle Football game with no pads and the only allowable clothes are those that make them look like their mascots. This year sexy Gold Miners versus Sexy female zombies (with wings on their back) as written by Edgar Allen Poe.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »
1. What real-life musical act do you feel best represents the Three Man Band?
International flavour, check.  People love to see them lose and come up short, check.  Can't sing or perform for their lives, check.  William Hung.  Still had his followers, but no one really wanted to see him actually perform outside of anything just for kicks.

2. Taipei Death Match: Brutus Beefcake vs. a donkey. Who wins, and why?
If it was DonkeyLips from Salute Your Shorts, it would be over fast.  But even with a regular donkey, Kinky Kelly is bringing the Sexy Stud to rock a Mooby's near you, Brutus has no chance against that.  And sidenote, worked an indy show with him, total ass.  Changed in his car, didn't introduce himself to anyone, charged kids just to come near his table practically.

3. Tonight is the NFL Pro Bowl. Unlike the other professional sports leagues, they treat their game as serious business (unlike the NBA and NHL), and there are no real stakes involved (like in Major League Baseball). This has led to a boring exhibition in which the players don't give a damn. Imagine you have the ability to change something about the Pro Bowl to improve it. What change would you make?

It's hard to even take that first part seriously when they don't really try to win the game, much less throw penalty flags on a guy SNAPPING THE BALL FOR THE WRONG TEAM.  I get the Saturday/Peyton history, but you can't do that in a game if you want us to take it seriously.  I say just lighten it up all the way, if it's going to be played as a joke game, make it a flag football game.  Far less chance of injuries, highly skilled still with lots of passing and semi-routes being made.  And add in skills challenges, races between CJ Spiller/Percy Harvin, QB Target accuracy competition, anything to lighten the Pro Bowl weekend up.  Stop treating it like a serious game in a half empty stadium in Hawaii where everyday fans in the main States have almost 0 chance of ever going to it. 

Queensryche

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 06:38:45 AM »
The deadline is tomorrow after I get home from work, due to the fact that I posted this on Sunday at a time when I'm at work. We just need answers from Jokerfish.

Queensryche

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 07:10:46 PM »
Alrighty then. No Jokerfish, so the round is over.

Question 1: Three-Man Bland
The Correct Answer: Guns 'n' Roses most represents The Three-Man Band. And before you get confused, I mean post-Use Your Illusion GnR.

Scores
Dilbert: 5 points (Any chance to s**t on Nickleback will earn high marks from me.)
Ekhari: 2 points (I get your point. Problem is, Kanye West is actually talented, something 3MB is not.)
Buddha: 4 points (Nice reach there. I had forgotten about Rebecca Black until you brought her back up...........dammit .)
Rein: 3 points (I assume you include yourself in that group of people in your answer's last sentence.)
Jokerfish: 1 point (By default)

Question 2: Ass vs. Ass
The Correct Answer: The donkey's gonna win the match obviously. The REAL winners though are those who had to suffer through The Zodiac/The Booty Man/The Disciple/The Butcher/The Baker/The Candlestick Maker/etc..

Scores
Dilbert: 2 points (You got the winner wrong. Had to ding you.)
Ekhari: 3 points (Interesting fact about coyotes. I never knew that. The More You Know.)
Buddha: 5 points (Donkey Wins! FLAWLESS VICTORY. FATALITY.)
Rein: 4 points (Obviously you know my love of pop culture references.)
Jokerfish: 1 point (See above)

Question 3: NFL All-Snore Game
The Correct Answer: The NFL waives the celebration rules and lets fans vote on the best post-TD/post-sack/post-whatever celebration of the game. The player with the best celebration would win the Elbert L. Woods Showmanship Award, or as it would be nicknamed, The Golden Ickey, presented by Ickey Woods himself.

Scores
Dilbert: 2 points (I like the concept, but with the mound of liability lawsuits piling up against the NFL..........)
Ekhari: 4 points (More interaction between fans and players is a good thing. I also like the idea of a charity prize pool.)
Buddha Dudley: 3 points (Powder Puff Football........... ....interesting.)
Rein: 5 points (Yeah, just lighten the damn game up. Have fun with it, like the NHL does.)
Jokerfish: 1 point (Same as before)

FINAL SCORES
Dilbert: 9 points
Ekhari: 9 points
Buddha Dudley: 12 points
Rein: 12 points
Jokerfish: 3 points

We've got a tie! You know what that means!

TIEBREAKER ROUND

The question for you to ponder is: If you could choose to have a sponsor partnership between any professional sports team and any consumer products company, what would your ideal partnership be?

You have 48 hours to answer. Timer begins..........now!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:39:42 PM by Queensryche »

Offline Buddha Dudley

• Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
The Miami Heat and K-Y®. Heat things up with K-Y® Brand WARMING® Liquid Personal Lubricant. Because when LeBron heats up against the Celtics, he may as well be nice about it.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 01:01:38 AM »
The Dallas Cowboys, brought to you by:  Duct Tape.  Much like Duct Tape is in every household, there's almost always one Cowboys fan.  It's only really useful when things break down, much like the team does in the playoffs.  And the new spokesman?  Tony Romo. 

It sells itself.

Queensryche

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 06:21:37 AM »
Before I continue, let me thank you both Buddha and Rein for your prompt answers.

The Correct Answer: The CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers, brought to you by Capcom. Hopefully I don't need to elaborate as to why this is a winning partnership.

Both answers were pretty good, but in the end, I gotta go with Buddha for this.

Buddha, you win the first round of the Ultimate DoD! You are now the DM.

Panelists for Buddha's round:
Me
Homeless

We need three more. Sign up now!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:23:16 AM by Queensryche »

Offline SmartAssAssassin

• post whoererere
  • +100/-100
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »
K im in for round 2

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 09:47:59 AM »
What the hell, every round needs a jobber.
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »
1 more and I can post some questions... C'mon, you know you want to try out the DoD.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +311/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »
Challenge accepted.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »
As a pre-emptive strike, if you make me read more than 100 words per response, I will punish your score. Get to the point, be concise, make me smile or laugh and you'll get a higher score.

Queensryche
Homeless
SmartAssAssassin
BigPimpin
Daeva

These are your questions. 72 hours from now your time is up.

1.) Let's say you want to break into the business and you plan on being the biggest HEEL in "insert your local hometown promotion"… What's your gimmick and what's your finish?

2.) Every year now I'm looking forward to the John Morrison/Kofi Kingston spot in the Royal Rumble where they do weird Shenanigans to avoid being knocked out of the Rumble…  Suppose creative comes to you and asks how you would book this spot for next year's Rumble. Who is it and how does it happen?

3.) Best Youtube character? Post a link as part of your answer.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +311/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 02:27:38 PM »
1) My gimmick is that I'm Gary Bettman's superior, the Chairman of the NHL, who is always talking up how Sidney Crosby is the future of the NHL and therefore should be on every hockey publication and commercial ever. It's ridiculously cheap heat in Michigan. My finisher, of course, is a chair shot.

2) It's Brodus Clay this year. He's going out by the announce table, over the top rope, when the Funkadactyls make the save by literally blocking his feet from hitting the floor, with their bodies. Brodus grabs the rope so he doesn't completely destroy them, hops up to sit on the apron, and shouts, "MY BAD!"

3) Neil deGrasse Tyson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wO8yvV2UX0
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »
If I'd have known those were the questions I was missing out on, I'd have waited until your round, dammit.

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »
sorry guys forgot that this was happening . will be more on top of it next time
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.