Author Topic: Card of the Day/Week  (Read 39100 times)

Offline thedragonreborn

• +15/-20
    • View Profile
Re: Card of the Day/Week
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2012, 09:03:22 AM »
Fans Love An Underdog

Thanks.  I started FL as For Love, and then even though I knew that was wrong I couldn't get past it.

I was going to build an Edge deck and I'm going to steal that, that sounds brutal.

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2012, 05:26:48 AM »
Fans Love An Underdog

Thanks.  I started FL as For Love, and then even though I knew that was wrong I couldn't get past it.

I was going to build an Edge deck and I'm going to steal that, that sounds brutal.

For Love and Unity!

quick someone make a card!
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline Suicidal_Sephiroth

• +30/-30
  • The Following Sephy is Rated R
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2012, 06:18:50 AM »
if i do recall correctly the combo with edge was 3 fans love a underdog and 3 I'm always the underdog "I'm sure the was the name of the pre-match" anyways it jumped up your opponent's ssv for each copy of fans love a underdog in your ring area so edge would start with atleast..a 18 card hand. typically closer to 30 though.
If you're interested in watching some rpg's or action games feel free to follow my twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/sephiroth_strife

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2012, 06:45:48 AM »
if i do recall correctly the combo with edge was 3 fans love a underdog and 3 I'm always the underdog "I'm sure the was the name of the pre-match" anyways it jumped up your opponent's ssv for each copy of fans love a underdog in your ring area so edge would start with atleast..a 18 card hand. typically closer to 30 though.

Yeah.... Flunder-Edge is a standard strong build....least in AA/Classic (unless you pack that Smackdown RMS reversal and it happens to flip at the right time), but even if you blow the Flunder-Dogs you still have a massive hand, probably some fort and have other plunging toys....

I never used a TOS deck, but was never big into plunging, anyone with good hand intelligence could abuse that card.... hrrmmm.... Intelligence I say??
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Pain-razor

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2012, 07:34:56 AM »
Test of strength is a staple in moolah in my opinion. Never have to worry bout arsenal reversals cuz they aren't there.

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »
Test of strength is a staple in moolah in my opinion. Never have to worry bout arsenal reversals cuz they aren't there.

losing a test of strength to someone old enough to be your grandmother, distasteful :P

still you have to cram the high F actions in, just for TOS, real deckbuilding challenge
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2012, 09:00:47 PM »
After a slight delay, I'm back with another "Card of the Day/Week".

Thanks to all those who have sent me card suggestions. More coming soon!  ;)

VC

------------------------

085/643 Let's Wrestle Already
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, shuffle this card into your Arsenal and then draw 1 card.
As a reversal, when overturned by a non-damage card effect, even during the Pre-match phase, reverse the effect, shuffle up to 3 cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal, and end your opponent's turn.
F: 0      D: 0

Set Released (pictured): Survivor Series 3 (2005)
Original Release: Diva's Overload (2004 - #34/172 - with different picture)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:03:24 PM by VelaCards »
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2012, 11:06:29 PM »
Eh....it was nice in its time....but much like Roll Out of the Way was faded to black by better cards that did the same.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

• +30/-30
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2012, 04:01:34 AM »
very very underrated card, used to not pack it at all but it's starting to find it's way back in a lot of the decks I build but it just really depends on deck building philosophy some people focus on their strategy and others try to cover as many bases against other decks as they can but honestly I could only really justify packing 1 in a deck unless you ran a bunch of high risks that were after a card played.
If you're interested in watching some rpg's or action games feel free to follow my twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/sephiroth_strife

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2012, 08:38:37 AM »
As Crasher said, there's better staples in Virtual that do the same.  You Missed Your Chance and Carlito Says "That's Not Cool!" would go in the deck before these two unless I BADLY needed to shuffle the deck.  And even then, I can usually find better options to play to shuffle a deck.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2012, 09:11:04 AM »
Before virtual it was a must pack x2.  Why?  3 words.   "Run the Gauntlet"

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving players! Here's today's card for discussion.

Enjoy,
VC

------------------------------

116/643 Raw or SmackDown! - Pick a Brand!
Pre-match Event
Your opponent's Superstar-specific Mid-match Reversal cards that don't have a Raw or SmackDown! logo have the added text of "Can only be played when you have 4 or more cards in your hand. Discard 4 cards. Reduce both these numbers by 1 for every non-Pre-match card in your Ring area with the Raw or SmackDown! logo."
� (Restricted Modification Symbol)
Active
Permanent

Set Released (pictured): Survivor Series 3 (2005)
Original Release: Velocity (2003 - #56/150)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:16:15 PM by VelaCards »
- Team NBD

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
Ah, the old Eddie Guerrero killer.

Somehow, this card SHOULD see more play than it actually does.  Look at all the people who this card would affect, even now.

I guess the main issue of play is that everyone dumps out most (if not all) of their Pre-Match cards, so a situational support like this doesn't have room.
hXi

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »
I don't know, I still really like it. I just usually would always drop it last to see what kind of branded pre-match they might throw. I have been known to drop my other pre-match and then look and see if theirs is branded, no this card yes not on my broadcast.
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2012, 08:02:28 AM »
I packed this card in MNM in our last Classic tourny. I didn't play it once. It had it's time, long ago, but I don't think it's as effective these days. Sure, it REALLY hurts 4-5 guys, but there's over 100 in the game now. Other cards do better things.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »
Frankie Takes Ho-llywood stops it stone cold dead. Yet another mark for Frankie's card not sucking more than a black hole!
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2012, 04:12:57 PM »
Frankie Takes Ho-llywood stops it stone cold dead. Yet another mark for Frankie's card not sucking more than a black hole!

That does fairly efficiently axe that card, but it could still be snuck through. If I have already dropped 4+ prematch are you really going to save a spot for Frankie on the off chance I may have that card.
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.

• +30/-30
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »
the major problem with Pick a Brand is that it's really a dead card. If you want your opponent to pitch to play that mean backlash deck reversal then odds are you are face and running 2-3 old school psychologies. Which is a million times better since it works in the pre-match and works for every backlash deck card played. The only matchup I can think that you might want Pick A Brand is for Latino Cheat because his hand is so small the first few turns. But even then in the long run I think old school psych is just a much stronger card.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2012, 04:21:21 PM »
That does fairly efficiently axe that card, but it could still be snuck through. If I have already dropped 4+ prematch are you really going to save a spot for Frankie on the off chance I may have that card.
Not really the point.  Pick a Brand doesn't see enough play that you pack Frankie Takes Hollywood just for THAT.  You pack it to stop plunge, primarily.  (And to give you an ACE reversal on tap, if its needed).  Stopping Brand is just a side effect.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »

Thanks for the mark, but I am hard pressed to find one prematch card that sees less play than that Frankie card..

Making a post in case my account gets purged.
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »
it should see more play in Virtual with there being more unbranded mid match reversals but thats about it; another card whose time has passed

ps Frankie Takes Ho-llywood should be the next card of the week ;)

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2012, 09:56:21 PM »

Thanks for the mark, but I am hard pressed to find one prematch card that sees less play than that Frankie card..

I can name twenty. Just because it isn't exactly what you wanted, that doesn't mean that it isn't sensational, and not just in Want to Take My Test? Torrie Wilson.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »
Look up.  I haven't packed Raw or Smackdown in years, but I'll sneak a Frankie into about every 40th deck I build to protect against plunge and/or give me an ACE reversal to buy me a turn in the early game.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline C M Punk

• +13/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2012, 12:35:10 AM »

ps Frankie Takes Ho-llywood should be the next card of the week ;)

Totally agree!!

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2012, 09:38:11 AM »
And so it shall be done ...  ;)

VC

--------------------------------

85/198
Frankie Takes Ho-llywood
Pre-match Event
When this card is in your Ring area, your Reversal cards have the Restricted Modification Symbol and you may put this card into your Ringside pile to reverse any Activated Card Effect from a non-unique card and end your opponent's turn.
� � � (Activated Card Effect Symbol)

Set Released: Unforgiven (2006)

NOTE: On a side note, this marks post #1K for me. WOW!  :o
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:40:12 AM by VelaCards »
- Team NBD