Author Topic: "EXTREMELY RARE"  (Read 8844 times)

Offline thedragonreborn

• +15/-20
    • View Profile
Re: "EXTREMELY RARE"
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 04:55:30 PM »
I would have hoped that CI would have done like they are doing with the Virtual sets and release both version.  Keep Revolution an "Elite" set with only the top guys being made and new mechanics, but also a new Survivor Series to bring the non-revolution format back.  Considering that there were 3 Revolution sets in a row made me think that the old format was something they were hoping to abandon though.  I think Revolution wasn't as popular as they wanted, they didn't want to go back to pre-revolution and in the end it was profitible enough to bother with anymore.   

Does anyone know if Vince McMahon himself axed the game?  I had a friend for years that swears it was Vince's decision, not CI to pull out of a card game completely.

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »
I would have hoped that CI would have done like they are doing with the Virtual sets and release both version.  Keep Revolution an "Elite" set with only the top guys being made and new mechanics, but also a new Survivor Series to bring the non-revolution format back.  Considering that there were 3 Revolution sets in a row made me think that the old format was something they were hoping to abandon though.  I think Revolution wasn't as popular as they wanted, they didn't want to go back to pre-revolution and in the end it was profitible enough to bother with anymore.   

Does anyone know if Vince McMahon himself axed the game?  I had a friend for years that swears it was Vince's decision, not CI to pull out of a card game completely.

Well if Vince's cut was a percentage of sales and sales had been declining that would be a proper business decision. If it was a certain amount and Ci's cut was dwindling then it would be smart for them to cut the game on their end. It depends on the contract I guess..
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 06:47:08 PM »
Vince McMahon has more to worry about than CCGs lol. I doubt he knew it even existed. Despite what people think, the WWE is a corporation with more than one person making decisions.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2012, 07:26:47 PM »
Do you think that CI would have supported the pre revo format anymore?  IDK if they just washed their hands of the older sets or would have incorporated the pre revo cards in the next survivor series set....

I think that just cutting All Axxess loose would have been horrible for the game, and that Barron and Mike knew that. Barron used to say that AA was self-regulating, but he never ever said or implied that it wouldn't be supported.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Matt

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2012, 04:28:53 AM »
At times, the degree in which  difficult to find cards are sought after is higher than "extremely rare" cards. The play value of extremely rare card may not be present.
 Like me for example I'd rather go for a FTTOM TB than a SS2 jerichoholics etc.  ;)

Value wise =
- Collectors value "extremely rare"
- Players value hard to find in demand TB cards
- Hybrid collector/player depends on several factors

The next question would be what do you guys value greater or rather have? Extremely rare cards for its rarity or Ultra rare Tb cards? FTTOM TB VS SS2 Jerichoholics? Which one would your prefer?
Holla if ya hear me!