Author Topic: "EXTREMELY RARE"  (Read 8843 times)

Offline rocky_iwata

• +11/-20
  • Danny Dichioooooooooooo
    • View Profile
Re: "EXTREMELY RARE"
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »
Also, are non-signature-card signed cards signing by wrestling personalities related to the cards considered to be extremely rare? Something like Million Dollar Belt card signed by Ted Dibiase, Jack-Knife signed by Kevin Nash, or title belt cards signed by former champions. I still own Women's Title Belt signed by Trish Stratus, which is probably the most valuable card of my collection, even more so than Rock's Footstomp TB or First to Tap Out Match TB, IMO.
That guy with a long lastname.....

TFC! (CLAP CLAP CLAP!)

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:08 AM »
Also, are non-signature-card signed cards signing by wrestling personalities related to the cards considered to be extremely rare? Something like Million Dollar Belt card signed by Ted Dibiase, Jack-Knife signed by Kevin Nash, or title belt cards signed by former champions. I still own Women's Title Belt signed by Trish Stratus, which is probably the most valuable card of my collection, even more so than Rock's Footstomp TB or First to Tap Out Match TB, IMO.
Being a non-official modified autograph I don't think I would classify it as rare. I would put it in a different category all together. They may be one of a kind, they may not be, but the quantity autographed in existence would expand everytime somebody got the card signed the same way. In order to classify something as rare or not, a fixed number is usually expected.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline HalfBadger

• Team Canada's Genetic Jackhammer
  • +13/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »
I was having a conversation like this with my dad yesterday. My mom bought a lot of "collectibles" like TY Beanie Babies and Barbie the year 2000 Special Edition. Now they are taking up space and worth next to nothing.
I found as a collector of various things that any product that says special/collectors edition is not a good collectible, investment wise. They typically have more produced than the regularly produced editions of the product. Plus anyone slightly interested in the product will buy one. So high supply, low demand.

Also with Autographs, unless they have authentication they aren't necessarily worth much to others.
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." - Sun-Tzu

2007 Winnipeg Regional Champion

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:49 PM »
If I'm going to sell fake autographs, they're coming with fake authentication as well. Just sayin'.

Offline C M Punk

• +13/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 12:40:45 AM »
As for the cards I have signed by people, I had them signed because I had the opportunity to, not because I was trying to make more money. I have met a lot of wrestlers that had Raw deal cards signed. Hence why I have a nearly ruined Raven signed superstar card... He signed it in pen cause neither of us had a sharpie :)

Offline Rio D

• +26/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 10:01:44 PM »
I have a very used copy of I've Got Two Words For Ya!!!!  signed by Road Dogg Billy Gunn and X-Pac!  I wish the card itself was in better shape.  :(

Offline Kratus

• +0/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »
I would say Cardboard currency is about the only card that should be listed as extremely rare. I have seen it listed literally once in the last year and a half.  The SS3 TB foils, while expensive are not "extremely rare", just "extremely expensive".  There are some listed on Ebay right now.  Anyone with a credit card can attain them and they were printed in far more availability then TR 24.

Offline C M Punk

• +13/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »
I would say Cardboard currency is about the only card that should be listed as extremely rare. I have seen it listed literally once in the last year and a half.  The SS3 TB foils, while expensive are not "extremely rare", just "extremely expensive".  There are some listed on Ebay right now.  Anyone with a credit card can attain them and they were printed in far more availability then TR 24.

I beg to differ. HHH and Orton sigs and to a lesser extent Eddie and Big Show sigs were a lot more rare than the CC. I thought I heard something like 100 CC were printed, and at least those cards had some sort of game use.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 08:54:01 PM »

I beg to differ. HHH and Orton sigs and to a lesser extent Eddie and Big Show sigs were a lot more rare than the CC. I thought I heard something like 100 CC were printed, and at least those cards had some sort of game use.
The actual card is a BSS which is not rare, the signature variation makes it rare. I agree with you but I know what he meant. To my knowledge I have the only BSS that reads Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero both on the same card. Every other one I've seen said one or the other.

Offline alonsocwj

• +37/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 03:55:06 AM »

The actual card is a BSS which is not rare, the signature variation makes it rare. I agree with you but I know what he meant. To my knowledge I have the only BSS that reads Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero both on the same card. Every other one I've seen said one or the other.
I agree with what piper said. The signatures are a pain in the butt to collect them. I have every siggy that's legit but just a question piper, I have 2 versions of Eddie, one looks like e88 and the other one looks like e88 with a LH below. What's the difference?
Once a raw deal player, always a raw deal player

Offline C M Punk

• +13/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 05:25:03 AM »

I agree with what piper said. The signatures are a pain in the butt to collect them. I have every siggy that's legit but just a question piper, I have 2 versions of Eddie, one looks like e88 and the other one looks like e88 with a LH below. What's the difference?

he E88 is actually cursive for EGG and were eddies initials.... the LH is for "Latino Heat"

Offline theatrenazi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 08:42:38 PM »
In my opinion the following things get the Extremely Rare Classification:

• Cardboard Currency
  • Rock/Austin Preview Decks
  • SS2 ...damngood/Jerichoholics

Eddie Signature card

Sooooo, if someone was looking to sell their collection and had the above in said collection, what would they be worth? Just those, not the collection as a whole.[/list]

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 08:53:06 PM »
$80
$50/$50
$5/$5
$60

Offline thedragonreborn

• +15/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »
I was gonna say they would be worth what people would pay for them, but that's a good price guide.  I'm actually curious what a Cardboard Currency would fetch on ebay.  I've never seen or heard of it until I started posting here.  With the inflated prices some cards are getting it might be interesting is all.

FYI, if you have an Eddie G sig, I've been looking for one.  Just saying.

Offline nevansdaddy1016

• +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • Who's Your Daddy Cards on Ebay
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »
$80
$50/$50
$5/$5
$60

Id say these prices are pretty reasonable with the exception of the SS2 Non-Foils. I say closer to the 8-10 range on the Cause I Am That..Damn..Good.  Its in every HHH Deck and the Non-Foil is very cool looking in real life.

I've sold 3 Cardboard Currency  on Ebay in the last year and a half and have gotten $75-90 range. Card is Rare, Yes, but card is useless unless your a collector.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »
Agree on 'Cause I Am, it's a very nice looking card in non-foil. SS2 Jerichoholics is useless because of the TB, though, and only goes in as a collector's item.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline thedragonreborn

• +15/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 03:40:36 PM »
I don't believe I've ever seen a Non-foil Damn...Good or Jerichoholics.  I've actually been looking for a non-tb Jerichoholics just for completion sake and they don't come up very often.  I know there's at least one up now, but I think it's foil.

Offline C M Punk

• +13/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »
I don't believe I've ever seen a Non-foil Damn...Good or Jerichoholics.  I've actually been looking for a non-tb Jerichoholics just for completion sake and they don't come up very often.  I know there's at least one up now, but I think it's foil.

I got both of the SS2 promos from someone in Singapore about 6 months after they came out and paid $12 each for them. Worth every penny as they are hard to find. SS3 kind of ticked me off when they reprinted them but there were much more issues with SS3 than that. I have been told SS3 led to a big decline in players but then again I dont entirely know if that is true as my area stayed consistent till revolution.

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 04:02:55 PM »

The Non-Foil Versions were SS2 Promos that were created to help advertise SS2.

Sadly, a bunch of people threw hissy fits that by reprinting it as a promo they were killing the value of the card.

So because of that outcry, CI went and destroyed almost the entire print run.

I say almost, because an unknown quantity slipped into circulation, and invariably into the hands of collectors.

Until the cards were reprinted in SS3 as part of the rumble packs, the SS2 versions were worth significantly more.

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »
I have been told SS3 led to a big decline in players but then again I dont entirely know if that is true as my area stayed consistent till revolution.

SS3 In itself didn't lead to a "big decline" but was another nail in the coffin for a number of reasons:

1) Because of how ambitious the set was in terms of how it was printed and presented, the Printer had a number of problems with it, causing it to be pushed back.
2) Because of it being pushed back, it changed the release schedule for other expansions, which caused an unfortunate crunch.
3) It brought about Afterburn which provided a more limited card pool, which was necessary for onboarding players, but divisive, because people felt that it was akin to rotation. While some loved Afterburn, and it was typically the larger of the qualifiers, it was cited by some players as their reason for leaving.
4) SS3 was pushed as a reprint set, and a great way for new players to jump into the game. In reality, because of the new TB's that were included to sell, it alienated players who chose not to purchase the product.
5) Because of how ambitious the reprints were, and the selective TBing of certain UR's, it created chase cards. Raw Deal wasn't really a "chase card" game, and players were driven away by the economics involved.
6) While sales of SS3 were strong, Alan from CI and I had a long conversation where he admitted that those sales were all coming from a strong but loyal base, who recognized that you needed 3 copies of the Hurricane's Rumble Pack for his cards, and you needed 3 copies of the Rock's for the TB Spinebuster, and while in past those players may have purchased 1 of the product, they were now being driven to buy 3.

I know locally my player base dropped because of the number of players who didn't purchase SS3, and then come the next expansion found themselves out of touch with the game, and missing the cards to compete.

Offline nevansdaddy1016

• +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • Who's Your Daddy Cards on Ebay
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »
3) It brought about Afterburn which provided a more limited card pool, which was necessary for onboarding players, but divisive, because people felt that it was akin to rotation. While some loved Afterburn, and it was typically the larger of the qualifiers, it was cited by some players as their reason for leaving.

6)you needed 3 copies of the Hurricane's Rumble Pack for his cards, and you needed 3 copies of the Rock's for the TB Spinebuster, and while in past those players may have purchased 1 of the product, they were now being driven to buy 3.

These were big reasons in my area. SS3 was really the start of the snowball. The Revolution Reset button was the killshot in my areas.

Offline thedragonreborn

• +15/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »
Around here the game didn't get big until Revolution, but it's not popular among the players I still have.  I have to say it was the reprint aspect that prevented us from buying SS3 around here.  SS2 booster boxes were easier to get and yielded a higher rate of URs, and then we could just get the Rumble Packs for starter cards.  We weren't concerned with TBs and honestly I didn't even know half the cards that got TB'd until after I had completed (or near completed I guess you can say) every set in the game and then sold off most of my stuff when the game "died".

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 09:36:30 AM »
I have been told SS3 led to a big decline in players but then again I dont entirely know if that is true as my area stayed consistent till revolution.

SS3 In itself didn't lead to a "big decline" but was another nail in the coffin for a number of reasons:

1) Because of how ambitious the set was in terms of how it was printed and presented, the Printer had a number of problems with it, causing it to be pushed back.
2) Because of it being pushed back, it changed the release schedule for other expansions, which caused an unfortunate crunch.
4) SS3 was pushed as a reprint set, and a great way for new players to jump into the game. In reality, because of the new TB's that were included to sell, it alienated players who chose not to purchase the product.
5) Because of how ambitious the reprints were, and the selective TBing of certain UR's, it created chase cards. Raw Deal wasn't really a "chase card" game, and players were driven away by the economics involved.
6) While sales of SS3 were strong, Alan from CI and I had a long conversation where he admitted that those sales were all coming from a strong but loyal base, who recognized that you needed 3 copies of the Hurricane's Rumble Pack for his cards, and you needed 3 copies of the Rock's for the TB Spinebuster, and while in past those players may have purchased 1 of the product, they were now being driven to buy 3.

I know locally my player base dropped because of the number of players who didn't purchase SS3, and then come the next expansion found themselves out of touch with the game, and missing the cards to compete.

the thing that really hit players the hardest was the TBs; rumble pack TBs were fine since the rumble packs were somewhat easy to get initially and they were relatively cheap (ignoring the situation with the TB non uniques).

The TB versions of non specifics, while they really made some cards useful, frustrated people because they had to make the crapshoot of buying boosters just to get a working playset of Steel Chain Shot (TB), Waist Lock (TB) etc.

I don't think I need to delve into the TB URs
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »
For what its worth, I think if Raw Deal had kept going without Revolution, a Survivor Series 4 would have helped a lot.  Secondary printing of those TBs and such.  Granted, some guys wouldn't be around (Hurricane, for example) so his cards would still be tough to get, but usually Raw Deal was good about reprinting stuff for availability.  SS3, in my best guess, was an attempt to give people better versions of cards while also helping CI make more money (not in a money-grubbing way, in a 'worthwhile profitability' sort of thing)

I really think CI just wasn't making enough to feel like it was worthwhile to be in the CCG market, I remember talking to Alan (Hank? I usually forget which was which, heh) at GenCon '07 about the Stargate CCG.  The first set had sold out and was really hard to find, but when I asked if they'd do a second printing, he said no.  It had a good showing at GenCon, I ran about a dozen demos myself, but the attitude just seemed like they weren't too interested in CCGs anymore.

CREED
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:55:34 AM by CreedP »
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »
For what its worth, I think if Raw Deal had kept going without Revolution, a Survivor Series 4 would have helped a lot.  Secondary printing of those TBs and such.  Granted, some guys wouldn't be around (Hurricane, for example) so his cards would still be tough to get, but usually Raw Deal was good about reprinting stuff for availability.  SS3, in my best guess, was an attempt to give people better versions of cards while also helping CI make more money (not in a money-grubbing way, in a 'worthwhile profitability' sort of thing)

I really think CI just wasn't making enough to feel like it was worthwhile to be in the CCG market, I remember talking to Alan (Hank? I usually forget which was which, heh) at GenCon '07 about the Stargate CCG.  The first set had sold out and was really hard to find, but when I asked if they'd do a second printing, he said no.  It had a good showing at GenCon, I ran about a dozen demos myself, but the attitude just seemed like they weren't too interested in CCGs anymore.

CREED

QFT

If SS4 had come out maybe late 08? Sounds about correct, you could add in all the cards/ss from Armageddon through revo 4. Do you think that CI would have supported the pre revo format anymore?  IDK if they just washed their hands of the older sets or would have incorporated the pre revo cards in the next survivor series set....
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)