Author Topic: Toronto FanExpo 2012: Pic of BOOKER T w/ Raw Deal  (Read 809 times)

Offline Neil Swint

• +15/-10
    • View Profile
Toronto FanExpo 2012: Pic of BOOKER T w/ Raw Deal
« on: August 27, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »
Meeting Booker T was awesome at FanExpo. For $30, you got his new book in hardcover signed (it had to be personalized) and you also got another item of yours just signed any way you wanted and you also got to take a pic.

Here is the pic, this is the Raw Deal card I had him sign and pose with.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28125206@N07/7875530084/in/photostream

For my book, I had the balls (stupidity/badtaste?) to ask him to sign it, "Neil, I'm comin' for you!" He thought that was funny and he did so, he also added the word "sucka" to the end of it.

Well played Booker. Well played.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:13:11 AM by Antigoth »
Yes, I wrote this. (see iwasmade4lovinyou)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588642.html

Queensryche

Re: Toronto FanExpo 2012: Pic of BOOKER T w/ Raw Deal
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:59:37 PM »
Meeting Booker T was awesome at FanExpo. For $30, you got his new book in hardcover signed (it had to be personalized) and you also got another item of yours just signed any way you wanted and you also got to take a pic.

Here is the pic, this is the Raw Deal card I had him sign and pose with.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28125206@N07/7875530084/in/photostream

For my book, I had the balls (stupidity/badtaste?) to ask him to sign it, "Neil, I'm comin' for you!" He thought that was funny and he did so, he also added the word "sucka" to the end of it.

Well played Booker. Well played.

I'm fairly sure enough time has passed that Booker can look back and laugh at that infamous promo. Plus, it's pretty obvious that in the heat of the moment the line came to him naturally.

I once had Rich "Goose" Gossage sign an 8x10 "To Mike, F**k you, you motherf**ker. Rich "Goose" Gossage, HoF '08". He laughed when I made the request, because he knows he's infamous for dropping "motherf**ker" before Samuel L. Jackson made it trendy.

Either way, nice to hear you had a good experience.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:03:17 PM by Queensryche »

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:15:22 AM »
Nice.

I hope you don't mind, but this was worth a photo imbed, so I updated your post for you.

Congrats on meeting the Bookerman.

Offline pecis

• +4/-7
  • Big all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »
very cool. when rvd was at gencon or maby origins me and Kevin gave him a set of all his cards that had came out at the time. it was very cool to see his reaction. i think he singed a few extra things for us. i have a photo for winning a convention here in the WI singed by rvd  that says 5 star job dude thought that was funny. and i think kevin has the sig i got singed by him. a booker T sig would be sick.  phone post sry for block of text.
FREE REDNUGS