Author Topic: Bionic Kicking Machine  (Read 2443 times)

Offline AlexThymia

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Bionic Kicking Machine
« on: August 16, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »
Is it me, or does this card really make Austin really broken? Like, I know to a select few superstars they can deal with it no problem, but to a majority of the superstars, it is pretty much impossible to deal with. Anyone else agree with me?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:52:35 AM by CreedP »

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Bionic Kicking Machine: Broken???
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »
Not really, this discussion was held 2-3 years ago, if you want to look back through the topics.

Major points... Restricted Use stops one, usually some random reversal gets the second one (Raw Deal Revolution, for example) and maybe the third one gets through.

Most people usually build and play games with stuff before criticizing it as broken, by the way, that might help you in the future.  Spoiler Shock Syndrome can cause cancer in rats, you know.. ;)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 05:43:13 PM »
Few things worth noting: It's Great To Be Back Here In... tags the Patented Austin Kicks, and recurring the Kicks and throwing them from hand offers no protection. Realistically, Austin gets two shots to kick you for some Fortitude.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline AlexThymia

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »
Well, my friend has him built, and that is why I have thought of it as so. I have one deck that can help me deal with it a bit, but that's about it. The rest of my decks sorta have to just deal with it. Now given, some of the reversals mentioned I don't pack, so that can be a factor as well. Haha. I don't know, I just get annoyed when we go through the long Pre-Match phases we have to go through nowadays just to have him triple Pat Kick, Elbow Smash, Mudhole, go, I play anything, gets reversed, Stunner, game.

I just need to go through more stuff and what not. More I was lazy to do this, and felt like ranting about that card. Haha.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »
Well, my friend has him built, and that is why I have thought of it as so. I have one deck that can help me deal with it a bit, but that's about it. The rest of my decks sorta have to just deal with it. Now given, some of the reversals mentioned I don't pack, so that can be a factor as well. Haha. I don't know, I just get annoyed when we go through the long Pre-Match phases we have to go through nowadays just to have him triple Pat Kick, Elbow Smash, Mudhole, go, I play anything, gets reversed, Stunner, game.

I just need to go through more stuff and what not. More I was lazy to do this, and felt like ranting about that card. Haha.

Build a Legend with Legendary Defense and see how far Bionic Kicking Machine gets him

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »
Bionic kicking machine by itself is not broken. As someone who has built that deck for worlds and holds a record of 12-2. I will say it makes SCSA pretty nasty. The Austin kicks themselves are annoying but stoppable.......As for legendary defense helping stop it. It certainly can stop it if you have them in hand. If the deck is built right not something you worry about.
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 04:50:43 AM »
The best thing re: Legendary Defense is it makes Over Sell an option. Sure, I'll eat my 8d but you won't get to continue the turn and Turn 1 Stunner me. And I'm done with that kick.

So if you restricted use / Elbow, Great To Be Back, and Oversell helping to deal with it partially, plus adding in 3 Unique (Step/Escape/Break) and other random reversals, its dealable from a Legend perspective. I don't have the card in front of me...does Bionic Kicking Machine preclude the use of Jimmy as a reversal as well?
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 06:27:22 AM »
What superstar are you playing? It looks like everyone is assuming you're using a legend, so I must have missed that piece.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 07:57:41 AM »
Legend was just a suggestion as they get 3 unique f0 reversals while yes getting them to hand is an issue its still there
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:30:30 AM by JaysonPhenix »

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »
Here's the thing, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

Austin needed help, as did Rattlesnake. He (they) lacked a little something, and Creed & Company heard the call. Bionic Kicking Machine was the answer. Is it good? YES. Is it broken? NO. It's gained more attention than other virtual cards because it has helped bring a lesser played, lesser powered superstar to the forefront where he belongs. It's called power balance. Some people simply didn't see it coming...and here's the part where you challenge yourself as a Raw Deal player and prepare for the card and build something that will go toe-to-toe (ahem  ;) ) with Austin. Cards like this keep the game fun, balanced and enjoyable.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 02:27:31 PM »
Sad but true: there was no point in playing Austin pre-Virtual because Rattlesnake used Austin's cards better and Bobby Heenan with the Austin enforcer used the Ability better.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
Sad but true: there was no point in playing Austin pre-Virtual because Rattlesnake used Austin's cards better and Bobby Heenan with the Austin enforcer used the Ability better.

Bobby Heenan makes everything better.  :)
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Rio D

• +26/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 08:58:16 AM »
I built an Austin kick deck.  I never got the kick off.  So it isn't broken.